Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Seahawks

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
When the expectations are super bowl, the team will be under the microscope to find the chinks in the armor.

The hawks are lucky two play two shitty teams the last two weeks. One with a back up QB and the other with a lame duck coach. Mike James ripped the D for 158 yards at home. Zac Stacy just destroyed the run D. It is a problem, and looks to be trending.

The hawks strolled into the game and then Tampa punched them in the mouth and they woke up in the 2nd half.

Then you have Bevell who you would think learned his lesson the week before using beast mode inside the five. No, instead the hawks pass and it gets picked and it thrown right in the middle of the field. Coaches have giant egos and they don't want to be shown by "dumb" fans that all know you run lynch.

Ego, is a problem for head coaches. Big problem.

Seattle, will need to be play much much better. But Wilson is a miracle worker, I know Hugh doesn't like but Wilson is special. When you have a special QB you can mask a lot of problems.

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Pete said that Tampa ran a lot of trap plays they hadn't practiced or seen much of so it caught them off guard and the really didn't know how to defend. Pete knows the run D is an issue right now (said a lot is due to poor tackling and playing for the fumble).

PC is still winning even with one of the most banged up offenses in the NFL. Yea the game lately might have been too close but they are 8-1 and the next 2 games they should win making them 10-1 going into the BYE week. After that most of the offense should be back and adjustments will have been made.

Zac Stacy had another good week this week against the Titans who have a decent run D too.
  • Can't we just enjoy being 8-1?
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    The hawks are good no question. Rogers going down was huge, as he is done for the year. The Hawks are special, and they shouldn't allow a shitty OC ruin it.
  • The Seahawks season really comes down to avoid getting upset. Win the games that you should, split the Saints/49ers puts you at 14-2 which is good for HFA. At HFA it's over they aren't losing a home playoff game.

Their defense is led by a good defensive minded head coach in Carroll, I'm sure he'll figure out the problems as his post game presser he was very concerned.

Offensively, with Okung and Harvin back this is an entirely different offense. Also Bevell I'm sure will pull his head out of his ass as he isn't that bad of an OC. In fact he was brought in due to his history of producing good rushing totals as Seattle had gone five seasons in a row without a thousand yard rusher.

Seahawks special teams is pretty good with Tate being electric and the kicking game has been great all year long.

I'd really like to see them use Michael some. I like him a lot more than Turbin. Turbin goes down too easily and isn't a threat to pop a big run while Michael is. At least put Michael on kickoff returns instead of Kearse who during the regular season hasn't done much.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    edited November 2013

The Seahawks season really comes down to avoid getting upset. Win the games that you should, split the Saints/49ers puts you at 14-2 which is good for HFA. At HFA it's over they aren't losing a home playoff game.

Their defense is led by a good defensive minded head coach in Carroll, I'm sure he'll figure out the problems as his post game presser he was very concerned.

Offensively, with Okung and Harvin back this is an entirely different offense. Also Bevell I'm sure will pull his head out of his ass as he isn't that bad of an OC. In fact he was brought in due to his history of producing good rushing totals as Seattle had gone five seasons in a row without a thousand yard rusher.

Seahawks special teams is pretty good with Tate being electric and the kicking game has been great all year long.

I'd really like to see them use Michael some. I like him a lot more than Turbin. Turbin goes down too easily and isn't a threat to pop a big run while Michael is. At least put Michael on kickoff returns instead of Kearse who during the regular season hasn't done much.

That's fairly optimistic but doable. 14-2 is possible but Atlanta on the road won't be a gimme and I still think the Giants have to wake up sometime. I think we lose @SF and Saints is a toss up. Who would hold the tiebreaker if we split with SF and both go 5-1 in division? Definitely need to clean some things up. With this team HFA is the complete difference between super bowl and nfc championship game. You think we get HFA at 13-3? Water is wet and the SF/Saints games will define where we're seeded. Guess we need to LIFPO.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,859 Founders Club
    edited November 2013

The Seahawks season really comes down to avoid getting upset. Win the games that you should, split the Saints/49ers puts you at 14-2 which is good for HFA. At HFA it's over they aren't losing a home playoff game.

That's fairly optimistic but doable. 14-2 is possible but Atlanta on the road won't be a gimme and I still think the Giants have to wake up sometime. I think we lose @SF and Saints is a toss up. Who would hold the tiebreaker if we split with SF and both go 5-1 in division? Definitely need to clean some things up. With this team HFA is the complete difference between super bowl and nfc championship game. You think we get HFA at 13-3? Water is wet and the SF/Saints games will define where we're seeded. Guess we need to LIFPO.
    I think @tierbsHsotBoobs can help you out with this.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

If SEA and SF both finish 13-3 (5-1), you'll have to go down this list to at least #3 and potentially down to #6.

NFL two team tiebreakers:
    Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
    Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    Strength of victory.
    Strength of schedule.
  • I find it remarkable how good this team has been at playing from behind. Washington, Atlanta, Houston, and now Tampa. With the run game this team is supposedly built to play with the lead and wear teams down. Wilson seems to have an innate ability to will the team back into games that transcends the pieces around him.
  • I really doubt the Hawks would get HFA at 13-3. I think it's going to take a 14-2. At 13-3 you are running the risk of losing the tiebreaker(49ers played Redskins and Packers while Hawks play Vikings and Giants so they would have SOS).

I don't see them losing a home game. They only have 3 road games, Atlanta is a mess but so are the Seahawks. They also could be out Unger once again this week.