Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2013 analysis; seriously believe it or not

volcanodawgvolcanodawg Member Posts: 282
Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited February 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
god forbid we actually have a somewhat serious discussion on this shit hole....so here we go with the tl; dr, disagrees, huh?, etc:

First, in terms of the schedule I can't recall an easier schedule in quite some time. Fuck the TUFF SCHEDULE talk this year it's not happening, it's a fucking cake-walk set up for double digit wins even for retarded Corky. Aside from @ Stanford and Oregon...what really, REALLY scares you? Y'all might think I'm nuts but the streak vs Oregon has to stop at some point....so is this the year, i think, i hope, and i pray to real god it is. I understand AZ kicked our ass last year, and UCLA is the talk of the conference, but we are going to be more veteran than both of those teams at the very minimum 1-1 should be expected here. @ ASU isn't a gimmie....but ASU....fuck them. A 9-3/10-2 regular season is right there for the taking under any circumstance imo.....but understanding we'll have Sark he'll probably complicate things and lose to someone we have no business losing to. here you go:

08/31/13 vs. Boise State
09/14/13 vs. Illinois
09/21/13 vs. Idaho State
09/28/13 vs. Arizona
10/05/13 at Stanford
10/12/13 vs. Oregon
10/19/13 at Arizona State
10/26/13 vs. California
11/09/13 vs. Colorado
11/15/13 at UCLA
11/23/13 at Oregon State
11/29/13 vs. Washington State

Secondly, in terms of the returning roster....despite popular belief, it is NOT young. i'm no fucking scouting mensa, but i watch a lot of husky football to know what is okay and what is not. here is my unprofessional take with a faggy grading system:

QB-returning 3yr starter and a bunch of highly touted 4 star recruits behind him, figure it out Sark...you got all you could ask for here. Grade: 87%
RB- Sankey and a bunch of question marks. I'm excited to see this Wooching kid. If Callier or Cooper can provide backup snaps, this is a good group. Grade: 84%
WR- Kasen and everyone else. Need a frosh/soph WR to step up and be #2 or get solid production from an underperforming upperclassman (Campbell, Johnson, Smith). Grade: 82% with upside
TE- We have arguably the nation's best TE and 2 serviceable backups. Grade: 94%
OL- We have 7 OL returning that have significant game experience, and the youngest will be a rs Soph. On top of that there are 2 promising young OL (Brostek, Eldrenkamp) that could fight for minutes. That's 9 deep...and some warm bodies after that. More than any other position group, this unit must improve drastically for us to take the next step. We cannot be worse than last year in pass protection, and somehow this unit blocked well enough to have a 1500yd rusher. Assuming we improve, if even slightly we'll be okay here. Grade: 78% with upside
DL- Have to find a pass rush. #1 issue facing this team IMO. need 2 to emerge from the Cree, Finau, Jamoura, Vatuvei group to make a splash on every down. Shirley is a nice situational pass rusher, but not an every down DE. Shelton is a nice DT with upside, and then it's nobody...this is the biggest hole on the team right now. Grade: 65%
LB- Between Feeney, Timu and Shaq we have 3 very serviceable LB's. yes Timu has been frustrating....but he seems very close to being a pretty good MLB. Need a Zeger, Fuimuano, Lawyer or Littleton to step up and provide solid depth. I'm pretty bullish on this unit. Grade: 86%
Secondary- at CB, Dixon is an unknown, but if you ink with Alabama....you are probably pretty decent. Let's say he comes in and give us 90% of what Trufant did...that's probably realistic. Opposite him, Peters/Ducre/Watson are going to be fine with another year of weights and maturity. At Safety, Sean Parker could have a big year and then we need to find a thumper at SS. I'd love to see a kid like Darrell Daniels move to this position and see what he can do. in total, a lot of athletes here. Grade: 85%
Special Teams- Kicker is a yikes. Punter is a yikes and we haven't had a great KR/PR in a long, long time....pretty scared here. Grade: 65%
Coaching- FUCK. at some point, corky gets it....no? how can he continue to be so fucking stupid in game? for all the right he does off the field, he sure does a lot of wrong on the field. a lot of young coaches take a while to figure it out....does sark do that this year? I am pretty confident in our defensive staff's ability to put players in a position to be successful, at some point it's on the players to make plays. since we are most veteran on offense, i think the players can actually make sark look better than he really is this year. Grade: 74%.
composite grade = 80% average, with upside and not much downside in any group.

at this level, i truly feel we are better on paper than every opponent we'll play save Stanford, Oregon and probably UCLA. Even if we lose those 3 games, 9-3 is right there for us...10 with a bowl. Sark has no room for failure against teams he should beat this year. If he can't win 10, he really should be fired (i know it will never happen). Even 9 wins after a bowl is kinda disappointing if you look at how it is set up. at some point the excuses have to stop. We have a shiny new stadium, a coach on the hot seat, a veteran team and hopefully a sense of urgency with how last year finished. nega, posi, doog or dawg.....9 wins was right fucking there last year and Sark fucked it up along with some bone headed plays on the field no coach can prevent (Price's INT vs BSU, the INT vs WSU in OT, the missed kick vs WSU, etc). if last year's team was that close to 9.....this year's team is unquestionably more talented and should eclipse double digits if they dont shit the bed. at some point we'll breakthrough....right? or are we Minnesota West?

i think we'll win at least 1 vs Stanford, Oregon, UCLA and probably lose one we shouldn't along the way. but for some reason i think we turn a corner in terms of overall record....10-3 it is for me.

fuck i'm miserable for writing this. stone me now.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

god forbid we actually have a somewhat serious discussion on this shit hole....so here we go with the tl; dr, disagrees, huh?, etc:

First, in terms of the schedule I can't recall an easier schedule in quite some time. Fuck the TUFF SCHEDULE talk this year it's not happening, it's a fucking cake-walk set up for double digit wins even for retarded Corky. Aside from @ Stanford and Oregon...what really, REALLY scares you? Y'all might think I'm nuts but the streak vs Oregon has to stop at some point....so is this the year, i think, i hope, and i pray to real god it is. I understand AZ kicked our ass last year, and UCLA is the talk of the conference, but we are going to be more veteran than both of those teams at the very minimum 1-1 should be expected here. @ ASU isn't a gimmie....but ASU....fuck them. A 9-3/10-2 regular season is right there for the taking under any circumstance imo.....but understanding we'll have Sark he'll probably complicate things and lose to someone we have no business losing to. here you go:

08/31/13 vs. Boise State
    09/14/13 vs. Illinois
    09/21/13 vs. Idaho State
    09/28/13 vs. Arizona
    10/05/13 at Stanford
    10/12/13 vs. Oregon
    10/19/13 at Arizona State
    10/26/13 vs. California
    11/09/13 vs. Colorado
    11/15/13 at UCLA
    11/23/13 at Oregon State
    11/29/13 vs. Washington State

Secondly, in terms of the returning roster....despite popular belief, it is NOT young. i'm no fucking scouting mensa, but i watch a lot of husky football to know what is okay and what is not. here is my unprofessional take with a faggy grading system:

QB-returning 3yr starter and a bunch of highly touted 4 star recruits behind him, figure it out Sark...you got all you could ask for here. Grade: 87%
    RB- Sankey and a bunch of question marks. I'm excited to see this Wooching kid. If Callier or Cooper can provide backup snaps, this is a good group. Grade: 84%
    WR- Kasen and everyone else. Need a frosh/soph WR to step up and be #2 or get solid production from an underperforming upperclassman (Campbell, Johnson, Smith). Grade: 82% with upside
    TE- We have arguably the nation's best TE and 2 serviceable backups. Grade: 94%
    OL- We have 7 OL returning that have significant game experience, and the youngest will be a rs Soph. On top of that there are 2 promising young OL (Brostek, Eldrenkamp) that could fight for minutes. That's 9 deep...and some warm bodies after that. More than any other position group, this unit must improve drastically for us to take the next step. We cannot be worse than last year in pass protection, and somehow this unit blocked well enough to have a 1500yd rusher. Assuming we improve, if even slightly we'll be okay here. Grade: 78% with upside
    DL- Have to find a pass rush. #1 issue facing this team IMO. need 2 to emerge from the Cree, Finau, Jamoura, Vatuvei group to make a splash on every down. Shirley is a nice situational pass rusher, but not an every down DE. Shelton is a nice DT with upside, and then it's nobody...this is the biggest hole on the team right now. Grade: 65%
    LB- Between Feeney, Timu and Shaq we have 3 very serviceable LB's. yes Timu has been frustrating....but he seems very close to being a pretty good MLB. Need a Zeger, Fuimuano, Lawyer or Littleton to step up and provide solid depth. I'm pretty bullish on this unit. Grade: 86%
    Secondary- at CB, Dixon is an unknown, but if you ink with Alabama....you are probably pretty decent. Let's say he comes in and give us 90% of what Trufant did...that's probably realistic. Opposite him, Peters/Ducre/Watson are going to be fine with another year of weights and maturity. At Safety, Sean Parker could have a big year and then we need to find a thumper at SS. I'd love to see a kid like Darrell Daniels move to this position and see what he can do. in total, a lot of athletes here. Grade: 85%
    Special Teams- Kicker is a yikes. Punter is a yikes and we haven't had a great KR/PR in a long, long time....pretty scared here. Grade: 65%
    Coaching- FUCK. at some point, corky gets it....no? how can he continue to be so fucking stupid in game? for all the right he does off the field, he sure does a lot of wrong on the field. a lot of young coaches take a while to figure it out....does sark do that this year? I am pretty confident in our defensive staff's ability to put players in a position to be successful, at some point it's on the players to make plays. since we are most veteran on offense, i think the players can actually make sark look better than he really is this year. Grade: 74%.
    composite grade = 80% average, with upside and not much downside in any group.

at this level, i truly feel we are better on paper than every opponent we'll play save Stanford, Oregon and probably UCLA. Even if we lose those 3 games, 9-3 is right there for us...10 with a bowl. Sark has no room for failure against teams he should beat this year. If he can't win 10, he really should be fired (i know it will never happen). Even 9 wins after a bowl is kinda disappointing if you look at how it is set up. at some point the excuses have to stop. We have a shiny new stadium, a coach on the hot seat, a veteran team and hopefully a sense of urgency with how last year finished. nega, posi, doog or dawg.....9 wins was right fucking there last year and Sark fucked it up along with some bone headed plays on the field no coach can prevent (Price's INT vs BSU, the INT vs WSU in OT, the missed kick vs WSU, etc). if last year's team was that close to 9.....this year's team is unquestionably more talented and should eclipse double digits if they dont shit the bed. at some point we'll breakthrough....right? or are we Minnesota West?

i think we'll win at least 1 vs Stanford, Oregon, UCLA and probably lose one we shouldn't along the way. but for some reason i think we turn a corner in terms of overall record....10-3 it is for me.

fuck i'm miserable for writing this. stone me now.

disagree
  • Options
    WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2013
    08/31/13 vs. Boise State Win (Doing the "Lower Mower")
    09/14/13 vs. Illinois Lose (Two weeks of prep to fuck this up)
    09/21/13 vs. Idaho State Win (0.5 towards the BSC Championship)
    09/28/13 vs. Arizona Lose (Rich Rod is just getting warmed up)
    10/05/13 at Stanford Lose (Randy Hart Curb Stomping)
    10/12/13 vs. Oregon Lose (Ass raping transcending three Duck coaching regimes)
    10/19/13 at Arizona State Win (ASU loses this one)
    10/26/13 vs. California Lose (Cal is going to be good in 2013)
    11/09/13 vs. Colorado Win (Altitude takes it's toll)
    11/15/13 at UCLA Loss (Jim Mora Curb Stomping)
    11/23/13 at Oregon State (Victim of OSU's annual strong November)
    11/29/13 vs. Washington State Win 3OT (The Pirate has lost the team by Nov 10th)

*italics: games that could go either way

I see 5-7. But that is what I saw last year too. Boy was I wrong!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,672
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I think we lose to Boise but beat Illinois. It would be hard not to go 7-5 with that schedule. I am most interested in seeing Dixon.
  • Options
    Illinois is the typical Sark trap game that he should win, but will lose in grand fashion.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Illinois can only be a trap game if Sark doesn't shit the bed against Boise... And I think Petersen has his number. Coming off a bad loss to Boise, Illinois becomes a "must win" in the Jerry Brewer vernacular.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I guess in my best purple-glasses hope, I hope that they can get up for the opening of Husky Stadium and feed off the crowd.....that I hope is there. #woodysshittymanagement
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,253
    Sark loses in the opener at the new Husky Stadium. Petersen makes a living of outcoaching guys 10x better than Sarkisian.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,476
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

. And I think Petersen has his number

Kind of funny when you realize Ty beat Peterson. Fuck Sark.
  • Options
    Founders Club

. And I think Petersen has his number

Kind of funny when you realize Ty beat Peterson. Fuck Sark.
    Boise had no answer for Jake Locker playing rat ball. It was beautiful.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    LOL @ Cooper ever playing again....please give up this ghost

I really thought Josh Banks was a kid that would be more ready to play when he got here since he was a 2/2 guy

Callier is barely servicable. Better Hope Sankey doesn't get nicked.

UW should go 3-0 OOC. Period. Ty beat Pete because it was their off year in '07. Same thing year.

UW ain't beating Stanford on the Farm.

UW could beat Oregon. Really interested to see how Helfrich can maintain. When was the last bad move the Ducks made? 1993?

Fuck RichRod and Arizona. That should be a win with this team.

ASU has too many hot bitches to be ever any good. Would you want to go work out and read the playbook or fuck dimes all day? Case Closed.

Oregon State is going to be plenty good again. UW just has more fucking talent and should win but Riley is tits. Plus Bean Dip is TUFF.

How does UW EVER loose to Wazzu? I know UW lost last year but that's because Sark doesn't know how to call 345 consecutive running plays to run out the clock. The mayor of Key West is not good and the buzz there is over.

Bowl Game? Give Sark two weeks .........
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,476
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

ASU has too many hot bitches to be ever any good. Would you want to go work out and read the playbook or fuck dimes all day? Case Closed.

This plus eleventy billion.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

I really thought Josh Banks was a kid that would be more ready to play when he got here since he was a 2/2 guy

UW should go 3-0 OOC. Period. Ty beat Pete because it was their off year in '07. Same thing year.

UW could beat Oregon. Really interested to see how Helfrich can maintain. When was the last bad move the Ducks made? 1993?

Oregon State is going to be plenty good again. UW just has more fucking talent and should win but Riley is tits. Plus Bean Dip is TUFF.

How does UW EVER loose to Wazzu? I know UW lost last year but that's because Sark doesn't know how to call 345 consecutive running plays to run out the clock. The mayor of Key West is not good and the buzz there is over.

you're underestimating Callier a little bit. He's a decent back.
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited February 2013
    UW basically outplayed Boise on a neutral field, UW is much better at home, Boise loses quite a few seniors. New stadium should override the fact that Sark sucks in openers. They'll perform similar to the 09 opener instead of 10-11-12 openers. Also Illinois is awful. Colorado like awful.

Arizona is terrible on the road, loses its MVP. Cal has no QB. UW will beat one of ASU, UCLA and OSU. I'm guessing its OSU.

Losses- Oregon, Stanford, ASU, UCLA

8-4, 5-4. Enough wins for everyone to claim progress even though its 5-4 for 4th straight year. The Oregon, Stanford, ASU losses are three in a row ensuring UW is out of the conference race by early October. Point differential will improve. Sark will say we are getting closer and closer.

This is the absolute worst long-term outcome. 7 wins and everyone knows he needs to go. 9 wins depending on the point differential and you are top 15 in the polls and can bring in a top 10 class next year. 8 wins? Woody, Sark, Dawgman claim progress improvement and how we'll win 10-11 in 2014.
  • Options

TommySQC said:

No I'm not. He is neither big enough or quick enough for Sark's offense.

• Options
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

No I'm not. He is neither big enough or quick enough for Sark's offense.

He's not big enough to be a big-time back but his quickness is an asset (assuming he heals adequately from his injury).
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    edited February 2013
    There's no way we go more than 8 - 4. Bowl who knows?

Between: OR, the Tree, UCLA, Bosie, OR St and AZ St. there will be four loses. To boot, there's some glorified high school team like WSU that will beat us.

Nine wins seems reasonable but, Steve can fuck up a wet dream while sandwiched between two drop beautiful babes.
  • Options
    He is a better receiver but just don't see him getting any more than 5-7 carries a game.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,266
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    08/31/13 vs. Boise State - this or Illinois could be a loss. Win vs. BSU and Illinois becomes the trap game
    09/14/13 vs. Illinois - see Boise St
    09/21/13 vs. Idaho State - win. If you lose this at home, Sark should be fired before the team makes it into the locker room.
    09/28/13 vs. Arizona - win. I know Arizona boat raced UW last year but it's at home and I think that gives UW advantage enough to win.
    10/05/13 at Stanford - loss. UW gets steamrolled for the 4th time in 5 tries under Sark. Huge loss if UW somhow comes in ranked which is very likely if they don't faceplant in the 1st 2 games.
    10/12/13 vs. Oregon - loss. Bellotti, Kelly and now Helfrich. Oregon keeps rolling.
    10/19/13 at Arizona State - loss. You can't expect UW to win at ASU in the desert in October! All joking aside, Sark is quite fond of 3 game losing streaks, UW will have been beat up vs. Stanford and Oregon the previous 2 weeks.
    10/26/13 vs. California - win. It's at home and first year for Cal's new coach. None of us know the damage Tedford did to that program.
    11/09/13 vs. Colorado - win. If it's a loss, see the comment for the Idaho State game.
    11/15/13 at UCLA - loss. RN left the cupboards stocked for Mora and it's not quite time for Mora to implode yet. If UW wins this and that's a big if, Doogs will flock over here and to Mello's Facebook page.
    11/23/13 at Oregon State - loss. Back to back road games against physical teams. UW squeaked out the win in 2012 but that was at home.
    11/29/13 vs. Washington State - win. Cougs will be bad again this year and UW gets the home field advantage.

All this adds up to 6-6 with a chance at 7-5 if Sark doesn't shit the bed over the first 2 games. If Sark wins the bowl game and goes 8-5, then UW is back!!! and he gets another extension. If he goes 7-6, then his seat is warming up in 2014 but only a little bit. Woody likes the incremental progress after all.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I agree with all of this completely, with the exception of Cal, which will be a tough game.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,266
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I agree with all of this completely, with the exception of Cal, which will be a tough game.

I'm not penciling Cal in as a gimme but the home field gives UW the win in that game.