Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Class Rankings - How I see our recruits

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Currently we have 7 4 stars per 24.7 (Stars.gif) and 10 3 stars. Doog that I am, I like the class better than that, and I have a number of 3 stars ahead of some of the 4 stars. Here's how I have the class as it sits now (24/7 ranking in our class in parentheses).

DNC 5 Star - High floor, Superstar ceiling
1. Yankoff (2)

DNC 4 Star - Medium floor, superstar ceiling or high floor, high ceiling
2. Spiker (1) - Only thing that gives me pause is the lack of top end speed. If that develops, as I expect, he'll be unstoppable.
3. Osborne (5) - These two are pretty interchangeable. But Osborne is white so he slides in here.
4. Taimani (4) - Outside of Yankoff, probably the most important recruit in the class based on our current roster.
5. Hampton (15) - Most underrated kid in the class. Can. Not. Lose. Him. His ranking is a fucking joke.
6. QB Sirmon (3) - Superstar ceiling, but his floor is much lower than Yankoff's. Could be a top 5 draft pick or a guy who starts fewer than 5 D1 games. Most chinteresting recruit in the class. Huge variance. Bush's skills as a QB coach might have a lot to say about how he does.
7. Mele (9) - Nobody talks about him anymore but man, what a big get.
8. Curne (12) - Huff going into Arizona and Texas to get these two bodes very well for the future.
9. Lowe (6) - Hardest kid to read in the class for me. If they really use him as a RB primarily I'd move him up to around 7. If he's primarily in the slot I'd move him down to a 3 star.
10. Culp (11) - Probably would have been a consensus four star if he'd have been labeled a TE first rather than starting as a WR.

DNC high 3 Star - medium floor, very good ceiling or low floor, high ceiling
11. Bynum (7) - Really close to a 4 for me. Really like this kid. Probably never a star though, but a very solid starter one day.
12. ZTP (14) - About like I feel with Bynum
13. Other Sirmon (9) - Probably underrated since he's been committed so long. Had he waited until last month to commit I bet some places would have 4 stars on him. Really good get.
14. Tafisi (10) - Exciting to get multiple quality defenders from Utah.
15. Ale (16) - Could suck. Could be awesome. Along with Jake, biggest wild cards in the class. Can Huff develop him? If so, BRB, YO

DNC medium 3 Star - meh
16. Newton - Tried to talk myself into this kid. Failed. Really hope Lowe plays RB.
17. Liu - Still haven't forced myself to watch his film so maybe I'm too low on him. The possibility of him never excited me other than fucking with @89ute.

Where key targets would fall if they were the 18th commit in order of how much I like them:

Togiai - DNC 5 star, #2 in the class behind Yankoff
Tremblay - DNC 4, #5 behind Taimani (I like him better than Taimani but two years of eligibility is huge)
Kaho - DNC 4, #5 behind Taimani
Gordon - DNC 4, #6 ahead of Sirmon
Irvin - DNC 4, #6 ahead of Sirmon

Love to see everyone else's lists.

Comments

• Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited December 2017
    I think Zion could, either, never see the field or be a total monster.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I think Lowe will be a top three pick in this
    class. Another Gaskin if they're smart and play
    him at RB. Hated the Newton pickup.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Good list. I wouldn't change a thing mostly because you know this shit better than me and I am hoping to butter you up so we can do naked twister this weekend.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Good list. I wouldn't change a thing mostly because you know this shit better than me and I am hoping to butter you up so we can do naked twister this weekend.

• Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,978
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I think Zion could, either, never see the field or be a total monster.

why not both? #AzeemsDream
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,380
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We'll be lucky to win 3 games in 2020
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Great list. I really like Hampton but I'd have him a little lower, maybe 8th. I'd also have Liu and Dick over Ale. Ale is one of the few things I agree with BallzDeep on, I don't see how he ever turns into a useful player. He's a low 3 for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Great list. I really like Hampton but I'd have him a little lower, maybe 8th. I'd also have Liu and Dick over Ale. Ale is one of the few things I agree with BallzDeep on, I don't see how he ever turns into a useful player. He's a low 3 for me.

Chinteresting. Maybe I'm just drinking the "he's huge and he just started playing football" kool aid too much, but my impression was that he had plenty of upside just a lot of risk he never reaches it. You don't think he has the upside or just think it's highly unlikely he develops?

BTW, DDY has Hampton as one of 5 DDY 3's in the class, so he's come all the way around on him. I think he's a baller.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Chinteresting. Maybe I'm just drinking the "he's huge and he just started playing football" kool aid too much, but my impression was that he had plenty of upside just a lot of risk he never reaches it. You don't think he has the upside or just think it's highly unlikely he develops?
    He's huge and a decent athlete so he has upside. I just haven't seen enough flashes from him to think that he will ever put it all together. I'd much rather have Beresford or some other guys Huff was looking at.
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm not trying to be that guy, but would it have killed you to format the list with links to their film and offer list? And maybe a gif of their most impressive film segment?

Otherwise, I appreciate the insight.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nice work. I normally only get boners on this board because, you know, teen boyz. Your in depth breakdown gave me one as well cuz I guess I like football and chit too. Thanks.
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    First of all, I thoroughly enjoyed the post, so thank you.

I agree completely that Lowe has to play RB. He'd be a perfect Lightning to someone else's Thunder IMO.

@RoadDawg55 I'm with you 100% on Mele and Sirmon.

And as far as Ale, I gotta say yes he does look like a turd currently. But!?!? If you are golden gloves champ at any level then you have good hands. And the dude is massive and Poly, idk, but personally I have wet dreams about what he can become.

• Options
    dnc said:

Currently we have 7 4 stars per 24.7 (Stars.gif) and 10 3 stars. Doog that I am, I like the class better than that, and I have a number of 3 stars ahead of some of the 4 stars. Here's how I have the class as it sits now (24/7 ranking in our class in parentheses).

1. Yankoff (2)

2. Spiker (1) - Only thing that gives me pause is the lack of top end speed. If that develops, as I expect, he'll be unstoppable.
    3. Osborne (5) - These two are pretty interchangeable. But Osborne is white so he slides in here.
    4. Taimani (4) - Outside of Yankoff, probably the most important recruit in the class based on our current roster.
    5. Hampton (15) - Most underrated kid in the class. Can. Not. Lose. Him. His ranking is a fucking joke.
    6. QB Sirmon (3) - Superstar ceiling, but his floor is much lower than Yankoff's. Could be a top 5 draft pick or a guy who starts fewer than 5 D1 games. Most chinteresting recruit in the class. Huge variance. Bush's skills as a QB coach might have a lot to say about how he does.
    7. Mele (9) - Nobody talks about him anymore but man, what a big get.
    8. Curne (12) - Huff going into Arizona and Texas to get these two bodes very well for the future.
    9. Lowe (6) - Hardest kid to read in the class for me. If they really use him as a RB primarily I'd move him up to around 7. If he's primarily in the slot I'd move him down to a 3 star.
    10. Culp (11) - Probably would have been a consensus four star if he'd have been labeled a TE first rather than starting as a WR.

11. Bynum (7) - Really close to a 4 for me. Really like this kid. Probably never a star though, but a very solid starter one day.
    12. ZTP (14) - About like I feel with Bynum
    13. Other Sirmon (9) - Probably underrated since he's been committed so long. Had he waited until last month to commit I bet some places would have 4 stars on him. Really good get.
    14. Tafisi (10) - Exciting to get multiple quality defenders from Utah.
    15. Ale (16) - Could suck. Could be awesome. Along with Jake, biggest wild cards in the class. Can Huff develop him? If so, BRB, YO

DNC medium 3 Star - meh
    16. Newton - Tried to talk myself into this kid. Failed. Really hope Lowe plays RB.
    17. Liu - Still haven't forced myself to watch his film so maybe I'm too low on him. The possibility of him never excited me other than fucking with @89ute.

Where key targets would fall if they were the 18th commit in order of how much I like them:

Togiai - DNC 5 star, #2 in the class behind Yankoff
    Tremblay - DNC 4, #5 behind Taimani (I like him better than Taimani but two years of eligibility is huge)
    Kaho - DNC 4, #5 behind Taimani
    Gordon - DNC 4, #6 ahead of Sirmon
    Irvin - DNC 4, #6 ahead of Sirmon

Love to see everyone else's lists.

Fupdate

1. Yankoff (2)
    2. Kaho - High 4 star tape. High 5 star measurables. Going to be an absolute monster.

3. Spiker (1)
    4. Osborne (5)
    5. Taimani (4)
    6. Hampton (15)
    7. Gordon (5) - Yeah I'm counting him. If he picks ND tonight you can blame me. I've gone back and forth on him versus Hampton. I think Gordon's more important but I like Hampton just a tiny smidge more. Both should be incredible.
    8. QB Sirmon (3)
    10. Mele (9)
    11. Curne (12)
    12. Lowe (6)
    13. Culp (11)

13. Bynum (7)
    14. ZTP (14)
    15. Other Sirmon (9)
    16. Tafisi (10)
    17. Ale (16)

DNC medium 3 Star - meh
    18. Newton (15)
    19. Liu (19)
  • Options
    Finally getting around to listening to the TSIO podcast. Here are DDY and Coker's rankings, for comparisons sake:

Coker
    19. Fig
    18. Zion
    17. Ale
    16. Tafisi
    15. Liu
    14. Lowe
    13. Tennessee Sirmon
    12. Draco
    11. Taimani
    10. Culp
    9. Curne
    8. Yankoff
    7. Mele
    6. Kaho
    5. Spiker
    4. Hampton
    3. Gordon
    2. Sirmon
    1. Osborn

DDY
    19. Fig
    18. Liu
    17. Tafisi
    16. Zion
    15. Ale
    14. Tennessee Sirmon
    13. Draco
    12. Curne
    11. Lowe
    10. Culp
    9. Mele
    8. Taimani
    7. Yankoff
    6. Gordon
    5. Sirmon
    4. Spiker
    3. Kaho
    2. Hampton
    1. Osborn

I love that DDY hated his #2 kid in the class upon committing. And I love that I cant knock him for having him that high.
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    19. Fig
    18. Liu.
    17. Ale
    16.Tafisi
    15. Zion
    14. Sirmon
    13. Draco
    12. Curne
    11.Culp