Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TV is getting out of hand

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club
This coming week, ESPN is televising games on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. College football has prostituted this thing to the point that Saturday has less meaning. We only had 2 Pac-12 games yesterday!

Comments

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    We're in the football bubble. One day it'll pop. And they'll make sure of it by grabbing every penny they can in the short term.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    money always wins. Nobody worth anything plays on Tuesday or Wednesday. The Pac 12 is the only conference worth anything that caved on Fridays which I don't like but I think that says more about the fanbases in the pac 12 that don't give a rats ass about football than anything. The only way the Pac 12 was going to get TV money like they did was to pimp themselves out
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Schools no longer have colors.

Defense is forgotten about.

7-6 is the new 11-1 ...

The sport has already been ruined ...

Why not pimp it out further.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,120 Founders Club
    The new targeting rule....
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    It all started when they fouled the sanctity of January 1.
    Gladstone said:

It's funny that Oregon tags 1994 as the start of college football, when in reality that is the year the sport was diagnosed with cancer ...

The cancer has now won.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    I didn't watch a single Pac-12 game on TV this past week until Saturday when I tried to get into the Arizona versus CAL action, but couldn't. I did very briefly tune in USC @ Oregon State on Friday evening to notice that the Beavs were still wearing their Halloweenie trick-or-treat costumes, thus suffering the curse of the Great Pumpkin in being upset by the wholly upsettable scumbags.

The Pac-12 is becoming the TV situation comedy of college football. The biggest conference game of 2013, Oregon @ Stanford, is scheduled for a Thursday night broadcast, WTF! Who east of the west coast will skip Big Bang and Elementary to watch such exploitive collegiate football garbage?

BTW, there will be no bus service to the Apple Cup since it is scheduled by the TV morons for Friday, Nov. 29 which is a holiday for Metro bus drivers. Get there very very early and stay late if you're planning to attend, coog-doogs,...... or commit to staying home for finishing those turkey-day leftovers.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

What, you don't like the Ticket City Bowl?! It's a classic!
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Tailgater said:

I didn't watch a single Pac-12 game on TV this past week until Saturday when I tried to get into the Arizona versus CAL action, but couldn't. I did very briefly tune in USC @ Oregon State on Friday evening to notice that the Beavs were still wearing their Halloweenie trick-or-treat costumes, thus suffering the curse of the Great Pumpkin in being upset by the wholly upsettable scumbags.

The Pac-12 is becoming the TV situation comedy of college football. The biggest conference game of 2013, Oregon @ Stanford, is scheduled for a Thursday night broadcast, WTF! Who east of the west coast will skip Big Bang and Elementary to watch such exploitive collegiate football garbage?

BTW, there will be no bus service to the Apple Cup since it is scheduled by the TV morons for Friday, Nov. 29 which is a holiday for Metro bus drivers. Get there very very early and stay late if you're planning to attend, coog-doogs,...... or commit to staying home for finishing those turkey-day leftovers.

Big Bang and Elementary? Are those television shows?

RIP Dee Andros

This thread smells of an angry fan base bitching about things that are insignificant win you mix in conference championships and top tier bowls instead of 7-6 every year.

Targeting is stupid. They should call spearing and nothing else.

But I can live with the rest just fine.

This thread smells of an angry fan base bitching about things that are insignificant win you mix in conference championships and top tier bowls instead of 7-6 every year.

Targeting is stupid. They should call spearing and nothing else.

But I can live with the rest just fine.

Fuck that.

I miss purple and gold ...

And good defense ...

And a strong running game ...

And bowls meaning something ...

Who the hell cares if the team wins the title running the spread or in a pro set running attack?

Oklahoma ran the air raid and won a national title. Plenty of the great Florida, Miami and fsu teams in the 80's and 90's were finesse teams on offense.

Winning cures all.