Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tequilla Shots ... College Football Playoff Weekend Thoughts

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
My random thoughts ... if this doesn't make you THINK or CARE then you can FUCK OFF

1) If you don't like where you are seeded in the end, then win more games

2) If you think you got slighted because you won a conference championship and somebody else didn't and got in ahead of you, win more games ... and when you lose, don't lose by 4+ scores

3) Wisconsin is one of the slowest teams at an "elite" level that I've ever seen ... they are the definition of a team full of try hard guys ... the fact that they went 12-0 through the Big 10 tells you how bad the Big 10 is to begin with ...

4) It's time for the reminder that the last 2 years the Big 10 has lost in the semi's by the combined score of 69-0

5) Anybody that thinks that Alabama is head and shoulders deserving to be in is full of shit ... they are good with a ton of guys that will play in the NFL ... but this isn't one of Saban's best teams and Hurts really isn't a good QB when it comes to throwing the ball ...

6) That being said, the "perception" is that the SEC is the best conference and until people start knocking them off in games where they have an opportunity to do so, they will continue to get the benefit of the doubt ...

7) A 12-1 Washington team that beat Stanford and won the PAC12 title IMO would not have gotten in over Alabama ... if you need further proof of why this would happen, remember that a 11-1 Ohio team last year that didn't win the Big 10 got into the CFP ranked HIGHER than UW

8) It is imperative that Washington beats Auburn in Atlanta next year to give creditability to the program not only next year but going forward ...

9) Not that USC is an elite team ... but for them to be ranked behind both Wisconsin (a team that they'd slaughter because of athletes) and Auburn (3 losses) shows how bad the perception of the PAC12 is ...

10) Larry Scott needs to be fired for multiple reasons ranging from allowing the perception narrative to happen combined with shitty exposure ... but the biggest reason for doing so is that in structuring the TV contracts the way he has, he's created massive scheduling imbalances in he conference ... I don't personally care if we play games on Thursday and Friday ... but we shouldn't be playing games on Thursday and/or Friday after playing games on the prior Saturday ... want to play weekday games, have those games come after byes ... it's not rocket science ... additionally, scheduling imbalances like playing multiple teams coming off of byes, byes leading into rivalry games and/or conference title games are ridiculous ... there are MASSIVE problems in the administration of the conference ... and that doesn't even get into the fact that your top 2 non-CFP related bowl games are played on the SAME night at the SAME time ... how's that for exposure ... fucktard

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    edited December 2017
    Agree with most. Good chit Teqboat
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

8) It is imperative that Washington beats Auburn in Atlanta next year to give creditability to the program not only next year but going forward ...

Chinsightful
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Tequilla said:

My random thoughts ... if this doesn't make you THINK or CARE then you can FUCK OFF

2) If you think you got slighted because you won a conference championship and somebody else didn't and got in ahead of you, win more games ... and when you lose, don't lose by 4+ scores

3) Wisconsin is one of the slowest teams at an "elite" level that I've ever seen ... they are the definition of a team full of try hard guys ... the fact that they went 12-0 through the Big 10 tells you how bad the Big 10 is to begin with ...

4) It's time for the reminder that the last 2 years the Big 10 has lost in the semi's by the combined score of 69-0

5) Anybody that thinks that Alabama is head and shoulders deserving to be in is full of shit ... they are good with a ton of guys that will play in the NFL ... but this isn't one of Saban's best teams and Hurts really isn't a good QB when it comes to throwing the ball ...

6) That being said, the "perception" is that the SEC is the best conference and until people start knocking them off in games where they have an opportunity to do so, they will continue to get the benefit of the doubt ...

7) A 12-1 Washington team that beat Stanford and won the PAC12 title IMO would not have gotten in over Alabama ... if you need further proof of why this would happen, remember that a 11-1 Ohio team last year that didn't win the Big 10 got into the CFP ranked HIGHER than UW

9) Not that USC is an elite team ... but for them to be ranked behind both Wisconsin (a team that they'd slaughter because of athletes) and Auburn (3 losses) shows how bad the perception of the PAC12 is ...

10) Larry Scott needs to be fired for multiple reasons ranging from allowing the perception narrative to happen combined with shitty exposure ... but the biggest reason for doing so is that in structuring the TV contracts the way he has, he's created massive scheduling imbalances in he conference ... I don't personally care if we play games on Thursday and Friday ... but we shouldn't be playing games on Thursday and/or Friday after playing games on the prior Saturday ... want to play weekday games, have those games come after byes ... it's not rocket science ... additionally, scheduling imbalances like playing multiple teams coming off of byes, byes leading into rivalry games and/or conference title games are ridiculous ... there are MASSIVE problems in the administration of the conference ... and that doesn't even get into the fact that your top 2 non-CFP related bowl games are played on the SAME night at the SAME time ... how's that for exposure ... fucktard

Truth.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    I hate you LARRY SCOTTFS
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,594 Standard Supporter
    Scorrrching hawt taek
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    I agree with all of it except #7. If we go 11-1 and win the Conf. Champion Game that last data point would have put us in over Bama. But going in as #4 versus Clemson would not have been fun.

The conf. has fixed many of the scheduling fuck ups next year which was easy but should have never happened in the first place if you have you basic shit together and or simply care.

• CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    godawgst said:

The conf is full of limp wristed pusssies that are easy to take advantage of, which was easy and always happens, but shouldn’t have happened in the first place if you have you basic shit together and think or care.

Crispened
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,132
    edited December 2017
    AZDuck said:

I agree with everything Teq said, WTFd out of habit

Agree.

You know why.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423
    Good poast, but your excessive use of ellipses makes it read like you're pausing to suck cock. Just so you know.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Just reread this. Teq is smarter than most fucktards give him credit for.
  • GridironGridiron Member Posts: 508
    edited December 2017
    Some good and rational thoughts from Jose but disagree on a couple.

5) Alabama is and has been down many many key players. Getting some back now. If they can get the majority of those injured back before Jan 1 they will be a diff team than what they have been bringing to the field the last several games, well really since the first with Fl St. If they can get healthy and hitting on most cylinders, I can promise Clemson will not do to AL what they did to tOSU last year...if they can even win it.

7) IMO a 12-1 Washington conf champ beats out Bama for #4 spot. The ASU game kilt the Huskies.

The rest of thoughts are legit.

Moral of story-don't lose.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Gridiron said:

5) Alabama is and has been down many many key players. Getting some back now. If they can get the majority of those injured back before Jan 1 they will be a diff team than what they have been bringing to the field the last several games, well really since the first with Fl St. If they can get healthy and hitting on most cylinders, I can promise Clemson will not do to AL what they did to tOSU last year...if they can even win it.

7) IMO a 12-1 Washington conf champ beats out Bama for #4 spot. The ASU game kilt the Huskies.

Bama should be in ahead of Ohio ... never said Clemson would put a 31-0 drubbing on them ... but Hurts isn’t a good QB ... to me the defenses are comparable but Clemson has a more explosive offense

2) Perception would have killed UW ... beat ASU and lose to Stanford and you lose one of the few good wins in the mind of many ... beat Stanford and lose to ASU and there’s the ASU eye sore ... do you even know that ASU was 7-5?
    Swaye said:

Just reread this. Teq is smarter than most fucktards give him credit for.

Well ... duh
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    Tequilla said:

On point 10, where the fuck is the board?? Oh, nm:

http://pac-12.com/article/2017/03/09/pac-12-ceo-group-extends-contract-commissioner-larry-scott-through-2022
  • GridironGridiron Member Posts: 508
    Tequilla said:

Gridiron said:

Bama should be in ahead of Ohio ... never said Clemson would put a 31-0 drubbing on them ... but Hurts isn’t a good QB ... to me the defenses are comparable but Clemson has a more explosive offense

2) Perception would have killed UW ... beat ASU and lose to Stanford and you lose one of the few good wins in the mind of many ... beat Stanford and lose to ASU and there’s the ASU eye sore ... do you even know that ASU was 7-5?
    I hear ya, twice now, about Hurts. That seems to be the the mantra and apparent "weak link" here. While I agree he's no DWatson or RWilson, yet, I don't think he's as bad as advertised. Last years NC game Hurts did his job, on the biggest stage, and marched the Tide down with only minutes left for the winning score, against a real good Clemson D. All the Tide had to do was stop Watson. Couldnt do it, was wore down and Watson beat them on last play of game.
    "Drove the bus" at MS St, where I can tell you is no easy place to win on a saturday night and he brought AL back to win the game.
    And the dude has been here, unlike Bryant.
    Clemson "more explosive"?? I dunno, Bama still has besides Hurts a player or 3 on O, like Bo Scarborough and Calvin Ridly.........remember them?

Anyway, I think Hurts will be ready and coached up, he's faced Clemson. Bryant has not faced AL. I think they will be healthy for once since game 1 of 2017(those big OOC games are good/fun but can hurt...y'all may find out game 1 2018).

We shall see, Clemson is no joke.

Point 2? yeah, I believe the ASU game is what kilt the Huskies. Lose a close one to Stanford, on the road, like they did but beat USC in Champ game and Washington gets the nod, IMO.
    But.....point taken. One loss AL to rival on road or one loss Washington and have to decide "whose best team?" Tuff deal there.
    Gridiron said:

Tequilla said:

Gridiron said:

I hear ya, twice now, about Hurts. That seems to be the the mantra and apparent "weak link" here. While I agree he's no DWatson or RWilson, yet, I don't think he's as bad as advertised. Last years NC game Hurts did his job, on the biggest stage, and marched the Tide down with only minutes left for the winning score, against a real good Clemson D. All the Tide had to do was stop Watson. Couldnt do it, was wore down and Watson beat them on last play of game.
    "Drove the bus" at MS St, where I can tell you is no easy place to win on a saturday night and he brought AL back to win the game.
    And the dude has been here, unlike Bryant.
    Clemson "more explosive"?? I dunno, Bama still has besides Hurts a player or 3 on O, like Bo Scarborough and Calvin Ridly.........remember them?

Anyway, I think Hurts will be ready and coached up, he's faced Clemson. Bryant has not faced AL. I think they will be healthy for once since game 1 of 2017(those big OOC games are good/fun but can hurt...y'all may find out game 1 2018).

We shall see, Clemson is no joke.

Point 2? yeah, I believe the ASU game is what kilt the Huskies. Lose a close one to Stanford, on the road, like they did but beat USC in Champ game and Washington gets the nod, IMO.
    But.....point taken. One loss AL to rival on road or one loss Washington and have to decide "whose best team?" Tuff deal there.
    I will go back and look and look at what Hurts has done this year ... I haven't been overly impressed but do agree that leading the final drive at Starkvegas was mighty impressive. But what I saw against Auburn looked very similar to what I saw against UW last year in Atlanta where when you force Hurts to be a pocket passer he's not particularly good at it.

As for opening against Auburn next year, to me that's easily the most important regular season game for UW since 2000 against Miami. UW should still be very, very good next year. I would have much preferred for the Auburn game to be a home and home. Make no mistake, that's a road game for UW.

All things being equal, Alabama's going to get an edge simply with their loss coming on the road against a Top 8 team in Auburn versus UW losing on the road to a Top 15 team in Stanford.