Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete on the crowd

2»

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited November 2017
    godawgst said:

jecornel said:

Made some remarks about how a full stadium really fires up the team. The energy is undeniable and it's just different.

It is way more fun with a packed house. Student section was full as well.

Would be nice to have a consistently full stadium.

This team has has lost 4 games in two years.

Jen C. got some work to do.

Great college fans don't have to have SC, last 10 years Stanford or 2 biggest rivals (Zeros and Cougs) come to town to fill the stadium up.

I get the Montana's, Beavs, Buffs games, but it is 7 (or next year 6) games a year.

in last 29 games (After ASU loss in 2015) we are 25-4. If you can't pack the place during this run, when will you?

Jen C would have to be Houdini to fix this.

Husky football has become a social event to attend like the pen is for Mariners game for 10-15K of people who are going to Husky games.

12's suck, but you have to give it to fans who show up at Centurylink for Hawks games. They are there to be loud and make a difference.
    2001 - 2013, and especially 2008, did a hell of a lot of damage to the fan base. It's going to take consistently winning at a high level for a few years to turn it around. The SeaHawks went through the same thing when Ken Behring went full retard. A multi-year waiting list to get tickets dried up and TV blackouts ensued. Proper ownership with a clear commitment to winning turned it around. It will take the same clear commitment to winning, and doing so, for the Husky fan base to return to full strength.

Edit: They're also going to have to schedule much better OOC games and get the damned schedule changed so they're playing at a reasonable time.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,122
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not entirely sold that they will increase season ticket, or ticket sales next season. Home schedule is pretty much shit except Stanford, and they are increasing ticket prices and expanding tyee fees throughout most of the stadium. My guess is a fair amount of season ticket holders aren't willing to pay extra for 9 night games.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

godawgst said:

jecornel said:

Made some remarks about how a full stadium really fires up the team. The energy is undeniable and it's just different.

Great college fans don't have to have SC, last 10 years Stanford or 2 biggest rivals (Zeros and Cougs) come to town to fill the stadium up.

I get the Montana's, Beavs, Buffs games, but it is 7 (or next year 6) games a year.

in last 29 games (After ASU loss in 2015) we are 25-4. If you can't pack the place during this run, when will you?

Jen C would have to be Houdini to fix this.

Husky football has become a social event to attend like the pen is for Mariners game for 10-15K of people who are going to Husky games.

12's suck, but you have to give it to fans who show up at Centurylink for Hawks games. They are there to be loud and make a difference.
    I wouldn’t be shocked as the Hawks’ fortunes start to tumble that a lot of those bandwagon fans start showing up at Husky games (this is assuming we? continue to be competitive). People love winners.
    Bingo
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    IF we're materially increasing ticket prices (I haven't looked too hard at it yet) ... it's tied to ensuring that we're keeping the coaching staff in place ... which I don't have a problem with.

It's either pay more in tickets or donate more ...
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

IF we're materially increasing ticket prices (I haven't looked too hard at it yet) ... it's tied to ensuring that we're keeping the coaching staff in place ... which I don't have a problem with.

It's either pay more in tickets or donate more ...

Ticket prices have jack shit to do with coach salaries.

I'll let @pawz educate you further.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,636
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

I'm not entirely sold that they will increase season ticket, or ticket sales next season. Home schedule is pretty much shit except Stanford, and they are increasing ticket prices and expanding tyee fees throughout most of the stadium. My guess is a fair amount of season ticket holders aren't willing to pay extra for 9 night games.

Jen got some work to do. Raising prices better turn into better recruiting and game day experience.

Consistent night games certainly don't help.

A half full student section sucks. But I get it, other shit to do, cold rainy nights with no cover sucks, football is dangerous and all that.

The zone concept can certainly be revamped into something worth going to. They totally fucked it up this year.

The idiots that usher you into E-1 is so pathetic that it turns people away from tailgating. It is beyond absurd. Somehow everyone was able to park and organize themselves with a fraction of the staff present in the 90's and the early 2000's.

Oh well, go dawgs!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    jecornel said:

Jen got some work to do. Raising prices better turn into better recruiting and game day experience.

A half full student section sucks. But I get it, other shit to do, cold rainy nights with no cover sucks, football is dangerous and all that.

The zone concept can certainly be revamped into something worth going to. They totally fucked it up this year.

The idiots that usher you into E-1 is so pathetic that it turns people away from tailgating. It is beyond absurd. Somehow everyone was able to park and organize themselves with a fraction of the staff present in the 90's and the early 2000's.

Oh well, go dawgs!
    Those are high school football players gaining volunteering exprience. FS by our department to do that.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Agreed on some game day stuff but ultimately I just want to see wins. That being said some stuff that kind of bothered me was like top 40 pop music between plays. I didn't really notice until later this season. It seemed too much. Like I enjoy some silence sometimes.

Why they just don't sell beer stadium wide is still a head scratcher. I mean if I'm willing to pay $5 for a diet coke, imagine what the masses will pay for beer.

You are seeing the wins.

Stadium beer would be outstanding.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited November 2017
    jecornel said:

Love his comments, but home games aren’t the problem.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,696
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sell beer, schedule better oc games, have less 730 pm kick offs, and turn the fucking brightness down on that god awful digital ad banner
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,101
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

jecornel said:

Oh well, go dawgs!
    Those are high school football players gaining volunteering exprience. FS by our department to do that.
    Just give them Starbucks cups full of cash and let the fans park themselves.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,668
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I used to be on the "sell beer in the stadium" bandwagon, but after seeing the NFL trailer trash fans up close and personal at a couple games this season I'm not too bothered by no beer sales.

Late starts are much more of a deterrent to people showing up than $9 shit beer sales are going to attract people to show up.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

I used to be on the "sell beer in the stadium" bandwagon, but after seeing the NFL trailer trash fans up close and personal at a couple games this season I'm not too bothered by no beer sales.

Late starts are much more of a deterrent to people showing up than $9 shit beer sales are going to attract people to show up.

Beer keeps everyone in the stands during and after halftime.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,668
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Beer keeps everyone in the stands during and after halftime.
    Agree. But I don't think it makes the difference in selling out the stadium versus having a few thousand empty seats.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

It was noticeably louder than any other game this year. Fans were standing on every defensive down, and even the children around me were swearing like sailors. It was beautiful.

I was in section 108, entire section stood the whole game. I would say more energy than there was back in the early 90s. But at it's loudest want as loud as back then.
    So that waas you yelling at Leach to take the Tennessee job.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Sell beer, schedule better oc games, have less 730 pm kick offs, and turn the fucking brightness down on that god awful digital ad banner

Yes, the digital banner is obscene. Just the worst. Turn that shit off during game action. It is so bad. Just wait till someone gets a seizure from it and sues their ass.