Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

#1 Need for UW Recruiting

2»

Comments

• whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Doogles said:

Where's Amandre? Is Levi going to save us?

Why isn't Kentrell Love playing over Bryant? I feel bad for the dude they are straight picking on him. Is Love a bust?

I don't blame Bryant at all. He's a slot cover guy playing
    outside. Total mismatch against size guys. I'm more disappointed
    in Turner and McIntosh. Hope Joyner moves to safety next year.
    That guy's speed and hitting from that spot way more useful than at
    corner.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    edited November 2017
    whuggy said:

Doogles said:

Why isn't Kentrell Love playing over Bryant? I feel bad for the dude they are straight picking on him. Is Love a bust?

corner.
    Turner and McIntosh have always been thumpers with suspect cover skills. I'm not mad at them.

I'm talking about the 4star talent getting the best DB coaching in the country sitting on the bench in place of a midget walk on.

Are they fucking off? Are they unable to understand concepts? Do they understand if they put in the work with Lake they will most likely have a chance to earn millions? Did they read that article by SMFJ about how he would stay with Lake in the film room and it changed his life?

Fuck me. The physical tools are there so it's all mental or we just missed. Bryant is on midget island getting fucking skewered.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Doogles said:

whuggy said:

Doogles said:

corner.
    Turner and McIntosh have always been thumpers with suspect cover skills. I'm not mad at them.

I'm talking about the 4star talent getting the best DB coaching in the country sitting on the bench in place of a midget walk on.

Are they fucking off? Are they unable to understand concepts? Do they understand if they put in the work with Lake they will most likely have a chance to earn millions? Did they read that article by SMFJ about how he would stay with Lake in the film room and it changed his life?

Fuck me. The physical tools are there so it's all mental or we just missed. Bryant is on midget island getting fucking skewered.
    Unfortunately that 4 star talent aint ready. Gotta be mental because
    Bryant doesn't measure up to any of those bodies size wise. Can't
    figure out what happened to Keith Taylor. He's disappeared after getting
    early playing time. He would have measured up to their receivers.
    I don't know. Maybe they're partying right along with Azeem. He doesn't
    see much action either.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    WE NEED MORE BLACK AND POLY CROOTS
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792

Great defensive players are a bit crazy. You know that "Hot Crazy Matrix" for women. It's the same thing for defensive players. Get a great one and he'll have 10 sacks and maybe only a couple of felonies during his stay on campus.

DJ Johnson is a perfect example. Fuck everything for us missing out on him
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,010

Uh, what about kicker? Soderberg can't make 20 yard FGs and his KO don't reach the 5 yard line

This is definitely up there. atleast with vizcaino we have a 50%? chance from 40 or 50 yards Everyone knows we have to be inside the 25 for sodemyburger
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708

Sigh...WTF happend to Scrempos and Sterk? Injuries? Defensive depth is struggling because kids (McCoy et al) aren't
    stepping up.

• PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Sigh...WTF happend to Scrempos and Sterk? Injuries? Defensive depth is struggling because kids (McCoy et al) aren't
    stepping up.

Scrempos and Sterk are what happen when you miss on your top 5 players at those positions on your board. Even with a guy like Ali Gaye, whom I really like, there are issues. You have to hope you can teach them and get them to reach their potential. But the difference between guys like Tufele, Tagloa, Marlon, DJ Johnson, Jaelan Phillips, Kongbo, Gumbs, etc. from those guys is pretty large, especially when we talk about amount of time it takes them to be ready to play.
    Scrempos and Sterk. What a joke.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Baseman said:

Besides Jimmy Lake, this staff needs someone high school kids (DL and LB) want to play for. this ship sailed...

He lobbied Pete to stay.

UW recruited this kid. “I had a hard time getting a hold of other recruiters that were after my son," Galu Tagovailoa said. "With Tosh, he's just genuine and awesome. Other recruiters it took them weeks to get back to me and they would be like, 'Oh man, I totally forgot. I'll look into it.' With Tosh, when you ask him something, he's on it."

Najee Harris: Najee would say the stuff sometimes like, 'Man, he's here again. Man, he's here again,'" Lucido said. "There were times that the recruiting timeline would open and he was the first guy at the school. He's very persistent. And I think, in the end, that really impressed Najee. He does a good job, and he's one of the best."

Sean Washington, Terrell Hall's trainer, laughed when describing Lupoi.

"Relentless," he said with a laugh. "Relentless."

Lupoi surprised Hall at one point during the four-star outside linebacker's recruitment, flying in for a school award banquet and telling him, "I came all the way here for my guy." That meant something to Hall and those close to him.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/01/who_is_alabamas_top_recruiter.html

These help, too.

Anyone that thinks Tosh isn’t a huge asset at any school is FS. The fucker can recruit better than just about anyone.
    He would have killed it under Pete and would have stayed on if you could eventually show him $800k. Pete wanted him gone.

He’d like to be a DC but it would have to be the right school willing to go ~ 3 times ~ $1.2 million, as Bama probably will sometime soon....