Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I'm hearing that nine wins is "special"...time to blow up another Doog myth

TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
edited February 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Nine wins isn't special in modern college football. Here's the list of nine win teams from the 2012 season:

Texas: 9-4, 5-4 in XII
Rutgers: 9-4, 5-2 in BE
Ohio: 9-4, 4-4 in MAC
Ball State/Toledo: Both 9-4, 6-2 in MAC
Fresneck/SDSU: Both 9-4, 7-1 in MWC
Oregon St: 9-4, 6-3 in Pac-12
UCLA: 9-5, 6-4 in Pac-12
Vandy: 9-4, 5-3 in SEC
ULL: 9-4, 6-2 in Sun Belt
La Tech: 9-3, 6-2 in WAC

Any alleged Washington fan who aspires to the same lofty height that Fresneck, Oregon State, and Vandy hit last year should be set on fire immediately.

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    So 2013 won't be special? I'm confused now.
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581
    9>7 but that shouldn't be the end goal, more like a minimum standard for a coach to keep their job.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd have sex with my wife for 9 wins.

This years high school seniors have been alive for one UW 9 win season. This is our tradition.
  • ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    The non-conference schedule is much easier and that essentially adds a win that wasnt there in past years. Cant go 5-4 in conference again, that would be 8-4. People will think 8-4 is progress. 8-4 would be disastrous bc it would be misleading. So you really need to win 9 (9-3) next year to show minimal improvement.

• CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

This years high school seniors have been alive for one UW 9 win season. This is our tradition.

I'd have sex with your wife for 0-12 so Sark gets fired and the doogs get what they deserve.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

HuskyJW said:

I'd have sex with your wife for 0-12 so Sark gets fired and the doogs get what they deserve.
    If we're running a train on HuskyJW's wife for 0-12, I am definitely IN.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    You people act like winning 9 games is microwave popcorn.
  • purplehazepurplehaze Member Posts: 20
    8 or 9 wins was the average under Don James, played with one fewer games. 8.3 wins per season was his average actually. So if DJ is our standard, when we have been getting 7 wins, we need 10-13 wins to bring the average up to standard. DJ generaly had 8-3 seasons plus a bowl win more often than not. He had a lot of 7-4 seasonssssss, a few 6-5, and a lot of 9-2 or 10-1, all of which made the average we expect.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,843 Founders Club

Nine wins isn't special in modern college football. Here's the list of nine win teams from the 2012 season:

Texas: 9-4, 5-4 in XII
    Rutgers: 9-4, 5-2 in BE
    Ohio: 9-4, 4-4 in MAC
    Ball State/Toledo: Both 9-4, 6-2 in MAC
    Fresneck/SDSU: Both 9-4, 7-1 in MWC
    Oregon St: 9-4, 6-3 in Pac-12
    UCLA: 9-5, 6-4 in Pac-12
    Vandy: 9-4, 5-3 in SEC
    ULL: 9-4, 6-2 in Sun Belt
    La Tech: 9-3, 6-2 in WAC

Any alleged Washington fan who aspires to the same lofty height that Fresneck, Oregon State, and Vandy hit last year should be set on fire immediately.

If you can't see that La Tech is serious about football then I can't help you.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,319 Founders Club
    So when do we have sex with someone's wife?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

So when do we have sex with someone's wife?

High noon. 7-11. Aurora. U-District.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309 Swaye's Wigwam
    Overton will be there.

Bring cash.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    edited February 2013
    The new age of Husky football: Everything is Special.

Everyone connected with the program is special and any team that's above 500 hundred is special. And we have a special coach that represents the school well and does nice interviews. Trying really hard, win or lose is special. And having really cool uniforms that change every few weeks is special. Winning is not everything. Shit. I'm channeling Willingdud.

The new normal is eight, nine wins every several years......the promised land.

Who needs a stoic grump like a Don James who put too much emphasis on winning?
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    edited February 2013
    PS: Please post the above on Dawgboy....would love to see what happens.

Probably there'd be a new board started for Special posts.