Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Browning 20 yard sack

Babushka, ran the same play in the first half and the Stanford defense saw it coming a mile away based on the formation and situation.

Of course Browning panicked and doesn't seem to think very quickly.

Also appears the offense only runs five or six passing routes.

No Salvon tonight. So bizarre.

Babushka gotta go.

Comments

• RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    Left to catch the caltrain after that shit, needed a clutch play and he shit through a hotels worth of beds.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,380 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

It’s very clear that there are significant issues in the passing game ...

Shit play call or not, can’t take a sack there. It was the equivalent of giving up 2 free first downs ...

Forget all of the other shit ... the lack of awareness by Browning is staggering to me

and what does it do to team morale for his teammates to see this kind of thing all the time?
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited November 2017
    Tequilla said:

Shit play call or not, can’t take a sack there. It was the equivalent of giving up 2 free first downs ...

Forget all of the other shit ... the lack of awareness by Browning is staggering to me

I've seen lesser talented qb's than Brownsocks look good against UW. A lot of them black @DDY. So what is it. Chicken or the egg. It seems to me if the dumb ass offensive genius can't call decent plays to take advantage of Defensive alignments then we should be callling out Babushka. One shuttle pass to Gaskin , one option to the weak side to Savon. Is that asking too fucking much

All that being said, Browning still sucks. But will be a great coach.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Babushka, ran the same play in the first half and the Stanford defense saw it coming a mile away based on the formation and situation.

Of course Browning panicked and doesn't seem to think very quickly.

Also appears the offense only runs five or six passing routes.

No Salvon tonight. So bizarre.

Babushka gotta go.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,380 Founders Club
    godawgst said:

Browning has the deer in the headlights look as soon as there gets to be game pressure on him and he responds by panicking and trying to do things he can't.

That's why the first nail in the coffin was not kicking the fg to try and go up by 10 in the 2nd qtr. First two drives were td/td. If Tristan makes it, both us and Stanford go off field thinking that the false start penalty by Bechelia is only reason it's not 21-7 and we keep game momentum on our side.

100% agree
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club

Tequilla said:

I'm beginning to feel bad about criticizing Cody Pickett so much at this point. Browning is just awful to watch. And we know the ending is bad, just like in a horror movie. The only question is how bad.
    Abundance

Pickett deserved criticism. I don't get his popularity on here. Was it all on him? Of course not, it never is. He basically regressed in '03 though.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

Tequilla said:

and what does it do to team morale for his teammates to see this kind of thing all the time?
    They know they can bang his gf and no one will give them shit for it
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    edited November 2017
    We’re more open minded and accepting here @Washington
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

I'm beginning to feel bad about criticizing Cody Pickett so much at this point. Browning is just awful to watch. And we know the ending is bad, just like in a horror movie. The only question is how bad.
    Abundance

Pickett deserved criticism. I don't get his popularity on here. Was it all on him? Of course not, it never is. He basically regressed in '03 though.
    Couldn’t disagree more
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Defense new the play before our offense did. Every fucking time! Why? How? Why didn’t they change shit up?
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

Tequilla said:

And how might it affect the better coaches’, like K and Lake, willingness to remain at UW when Pete mollycoddles players like Brownsocks and coaches like Babushka and Malloe?
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

Tequilla said:

And how might it affect the better coaches’, like K and Lake, willingness to remain at UW when Pete mollycoddles players like Brownsocks and coaches like Babushka and Malloe?