Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pete and True Freshman

DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
Just watched the game on TV for the first time (I barely remember the 4th Q live shout out to pocket shots) and it blows my mind just how freaking good Salvon Ahmed looks

What other True Frosh RB out there would you take?

Then you think about Hunter Bryant, the best TE.
Rapp, the best safety
Trey, the best tackle

Fuck we didn't see much of him, but Murphy is probably the best CB.

If you were a top 20 player at your position, how do you not take an offer from Pete?

His evaluation is off the charts.

My pre Stanford Fuck you fozzy post of the day.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Doogles said:

Nvm on Murphy, but Budda was another one I missed.

if we're hauling in an immediate impact guy every year with the player development occurring in the program, we're bringing a natty to Montlake sooner than later.

Salvon looked like Kaufman on the broadcast. These guys aren't just good for freshman, they're good period.

What a time to be alive!

Also Gaskin and SMFJ
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    Doogles said:

Just watched the game on TV for the first time (I barely remember the 4th Q live shout out to pocket shots) and it blows my mind just how freaking good Salvon Ahmed looks

Rapp, the best safety
    Trey, the best tackle

If you were a top 20 player at your position, how do you not take an offer from Pete?

Salvon is fantastic, but no, he is not the best true freshman RB in the nation.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

Doogles said:

Rapp, the best safety
    Trey, the best tackle

Taylor? He actually gets carries though. Salvon is way more talented.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Doogles said:

Rapp, the best safety
    Trey, the best tackle

Taylor?
    Kendyl?
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I am really a fan of how Pete is bringing Salvon along slowly...also how he hasn't over used Gaskin or Coleman yet too.

The running game should get stronger as everyone else gets tired and banged up.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Nvm on Murphy, but Budda was another one I missed.

if we're hauling in an immediate impact guy every year with the player development occurring in the program, we're bringing a natty to Montlake sooner than later.

Salvon looked like Kaufman on the broadcast. These guys aren't just good for freshman, they're good period.

What a time to be alive!

Also Gaskin and SMFJ
    I'm heading everyone knows Chris Warren is better than Gaskin.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Where would Stanford be without Love? Shaw is a great recruiter.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,011
    Jake Browning counter point. What would it say to top QBs when a elite 11 QB who had been on the team for years gets passed up for a noodle arm freshman because he waychances more film. Not all players aspire to be the punt protector.

honestly I am surprised yankoff and sirmon are committed Jack Browning a little brother is going to walk on in 2 years and take the job
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,011
    LebamDawg said:

Bread said:

Jake Browning counter point. What would it say to top QBs when a elite 11 QB who had been on the team for years gets passed up for a noodle arm freshman because he waychances more film. Not all players aspire to be the punt protector.

honestly I am surprised yankoff and sirmon are committed Jack Browning a little brother is going to walk on in 2 years and take the job

Do you mean Troy "I started at a juco but can't keep my job at Utah" Williams? or Jeff "I can throw the ball 75 yds in the air" Lindy?
    Jeff "I can throw the ball 75 yards in the air lindy. would have been unstoppable with John ross
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    LebamDawg said:

Bread said:

Do you mean Troy "I started at a juco but can't keep my job at Utah" Williams? or Jeff "I can throw the ball 75 yds in the air" Lindy?
    Do not forget Cyler "the Mullen Trebuchet" Miles.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

Bread said:

Do you mean Troy "I started at a juco but can't keep my job at Utah" Williams? or Jeff "I can throw the ball 75 yds in the air - with my hips - " Lindy?
    *fixed