Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Better get some new servers lined up

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,302
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
#NBATalk starts tonight

I have the Heat in 6

Indiana is fucking Indiana for those of you picking them. The Indianas of the world don't build on a thrilling 7 game loss to the champs. That's the high point. See Portland and Sacramento and Seattle for clarification

Chicago has an infected vagina for a point guard. Thankfully Rose can spend his endorsement money with RGIII on hookers and blow. That's all they will ever win.

The Nets just collapsed and died of old age.

The Knicks "lol". Melo is exciting. And a loser

The rest are there because someone has to lose in the first round of the playoffs,

The Clippers? Yeah right.

The Lakers? Your over 40 team at the YMCA could give them a run.

The Rockets have a bleeding vagina at center and lots of shooters around him - contender to lose in the Finals

My Warriors - if David Stern were still alive he'd have Curry in the Finals just so we could watch him average 50 in a losing cause.

The Spurs joined the Nets and the Lakers in a lemon party

The Sonics will Sonic. Durant needs to do what any self respecting super star does and LEAVE OKC.

No one gives a fuck about the rest. We're due for 6 months of "lots of teams can beat the Heat" followed by a month of Lebron beating everyone's meat.

Three Peat. RIP Pat Reilly

Comments

• Options
    volcanodawgvolcanodawg Member Posts: 282
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    i fucking hate the NBA, until the playoffs.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    The best moment of the season will be when I bump this thread during the playoffs and Race announces that it was just what he was hearing, not a prediction. I'll need to learn the difference.
  • Options

The best moment of the season will be when I bump this thread during the playoffs and Race announces that it was just what he was hearing, not a prediction. I'll need to learn the difference.

I can see it now. You'll bump this when they are trailing in a series to Indiana or Chicago and everyone is counting them dead.

Then Sven will bump this thread a week after you did when the Heat rally to win another thrilling series as Lebron is the best closer in the game.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

#NBATalk starts tonight

I have the Heat in 6

Indiana is fucking Indiana for those of you picking them. The Indianas of the world don't build on a thrilling 7 game loss to the champs. That's the high point. See Portland and Sacramento and Seattle for clarification

Chicago has an infected vagina for a point guard. Thankfully Rose can spend his endorsement money with RGIII on hookers and blow. That's all they will ever win.

The Nets just collapsed and died of old age.

The Knicks "lol". Melo is exciting. And a loser

The rest are there because someone has to lose in the first round of the playoffs,

The Clippers? Yeah right.

The Lakers? Your over 40 team at the YMCA could give them a run.

The Rockets have a bleeding vagina at center and lots of shooters around him - contender to lose in the Finals

My Warriors - if David Stern were still alive he'd have Curry in the Finals just so we could watch him average 50 in a losing cause.

The Spurs joined the Nets and the Lakers in a lemon party

The Sonics will Sonic. Durant needs to do what any self respecting super star does and LEAVE OKC.

No one gives a fuck about the rest. We're due for 6 months of "lots of teams can beat the Heat" followed by a month of Lebron beating everyone's meat.

Three Peat. RIP Pat Reilly

NBA, really? You must be time rich.
  • Options

Yes people forget this franchise lost three game 7's in the 1990's. It's who they are. They are always close but not quite enough.

I think the Bulls are the biggest threat to the Heat.
  • Options

I can see it now. You'll bump this when they are trailing in a series to Indiana or Chicago and everyone is counting them dead.

Then Sven will bump this thread a week after you did when the Heat rally to win another thrilling series as Lebron is the best closer in the game.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
    The guy who pointed out that all three games Indiana won in the ECF were close, calls Lebron the best closer in the game.

Game 1 of the Finals was another close loss. Game 6 the Heat got the miracle win but before the last 30 seconds, in a close game the Spurs pulled away.

The game they lost to the Bulls in the playoffs? Close game.

Lebrons the best player but he is not a great closer. Miami is at its best when they're up 10.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm pleased with the first 24 minutes of the season
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
    The guy who pointed out that all three games Indiana won in the ECF were close, calls Lebron the best closer in the game.

Game 1 of the Finals was another close loss. Game 6 the Heat got the miracle win but before the last 30 seconds, in a close game the Spurs pulled away.

Lebrons the best player but he is not a great closer. Miami is at its best when they're up 10.
    This pretty much true. Makes for compelling drama.
  • Options

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

You are seriously pressing. Lebron has stepped up many times in pressure situations. I'm guessing you forgot game 4 vs Indiana in 2012, game 6 and 7 against Boston in 2012. The entire NBA finals in 2012.

Probably also forgot game 1 vs Indiana in the ECF's, how game 5 was close then due to Lebron put them away.

Then games 4, 6 and 7 of the NBA Finals in 2013 Lebron closed it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9C7FUAP9HA

Hit a huge shot in a game 7 to CLOSE the game.

He has two rings the past two years. He's the best closer in the game.
  • Options

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
    Miami is at its best when they're up 10.
    Damn that is some real insightful analysis there.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

You are seriously pressing. Lebron has stepped up many times in pressure situations. I'm guessing you forgot game 4 vs Indiana in 2012, game 6 and 7 against Boston in 2012. The entire NBA finals in 2012.

Probably also forgot game 1 vs Indiana in the ECF's, how game 5 was close then due to Lebron put them away.

Then games 4, 6 and 7 of the NBA Finals in 2013 Lebron closed it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9C7FUAP9HA

Hit a huge shot in a game 7 to CLOSE the game.

He has two rings the past two years. He's the best closer in the game.
    Lebron had probably the best game ever played in that game 6 against Boston. But I wouldn't regard game 6 or 7 of that series close games down the stretch. If you want to stretch "closer" into a meaningless word that just means "wins the series" then obviously he's the best, he's the best player on the defending champion. But I think defining it that way is stupid.

Games 1-4 against OKC were close. They also lost game 1. And in game 2, ya boi Lebron fouled Durant when they were up 2 with 10 seconds left. A no call that was so bad it not only was criticized by the announcers but they even pointed out that Lebron actually fouled him two seperate to times on the play. As long as we are arbitrarily going back in in time, Dallas.

If you're going to give Lebron credit for game 6 against the Spurs then this is pointless. Allowing a team, in a close out game, to get a lead that it would take a miracle to overcome and then not even hitting the game winner. What a closer.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Kobe's right on this. Bron Bron's easily the best player in the game. Closing isn't his strength.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    His post up game is coming along nicely. Could be helpful. He never had a move he could count on under pressure
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rose won't be the same with the jello knee.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bulls bench is awfully drecky. I think they should have re signed Nate to give them some scoring punch. They are going to have to make a move or two. Gibson is a good back up big guy, and Dunleavy is a decent spot up shooter, but only going 8 deep is going to hurt them.
  • Options
    Lebron is 11-3 in closeout games the last three years.

He's also 5-1 the last three years when facing elimination.

When I said best closer in the game that's not necessarily down the stretch but more in big games.

The NBA is pretty simple. The best player is going to win the title. I'll keep betting on Lebron when he's going up against the Rose and George led teams.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    The season is over.
  • Options

Lebron is 11-3 in closeout games the last three years.

He's also 5-1 the last three years when facing elimination.

When I said best closer in the game that's not necessarily down the stretch but more in big games.

The NBA is pretty simple. The best player is going to win the title. I'll keep betting on Lebron when he's going up against the Rose and George led teams.

No argument that Lebron hasn't played great in big games. We are just defining closer differently.

I do think its worth noting that while playing great in elimination games is nice, avoiding those games and taking care of business in 6 or earlier is better.
  • Options

His post up game is coming along nicely. Could be helpful. He never had a move he could count on under pressure

I'll remain skeptical of his post game until I see him embrace it. It was critical in defeating OKC a couple years ago but that was because Scott Brooks is a terrible coach and didn't know how to deal with it. They decided to just let Heat shooters get wide open looks. His post game really hasn't been a huge factor in any other series and it seems like he doesn't really want to use it most of the time.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    Founders Club
    The guys at Vanilla are scrambling to install new servers. Trust me, it's getting crazy in Montreal. ;)