Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Opening drives of the game

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
edited November 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board
I noticed in the game thread the angst over yet another opening drive. Keep in mind that the other team has scholarship athletes too and all week to script a dozen plays that we? haven't seen or a play from a formation that usually led to another play. A good team will hit that early on for a TD or if they suck, a field goal (hi oregon)

Why I know we have a great defense and great coaching is because that is usually it. We are pretty much giving up one TD a game. I thought ASU was going to score 50 the way they started out. 13 points with help from our offense.

Even Jake fucking Browning and Jonathon Smith put together a crisp drive for 7 the second time we had the ball against Bama. And were never heard from again.

When we lose the two studs in the middle next year we will need to score more against good teams. But this year 17-21 points is enough to win. Defense and special teams fill in the rest of the scoring

Comments