Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Price or Tui 2: Electric Boogaloo

TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
edited October 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board

Price or Tui 2: Electric Boogaloo 43 votes

Price with Rick and the rest of the 2000 Huskies
86%
DerekJohnsonsection8TierbsHsotBoobsCheersWestDawgMikeDamoneWedgwoodDawgCFetters_Nacho_LovervolcanodawgHouhuskyFire_Marshall_BillnihilistdawgSwayeAlCzervikHuskyJWQuornDawgCirrhosisDawgRoadDawg55Mad_Son[Deleted User]CuntWaffle 37 votes
Tui with Sark and the rest of the 2013 Huskies
13%
crowLevelParDeepSeaZdrogginsDoogieMcDoogersonTequilla 6 votes

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332
    Price with a great offensive line, and an actual defense wins
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Fair rebuttal, Boobs. I can't argue with that.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    By the way, I need to go take a shower now. I hate making it look like I'm taking Tui down...he's one of my five favorite Huskies ever.

It's not about talking him down. It's about how underappreciated Price is. 2014 is going to be "special" without him.
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,478 Swaye's Wigwam
    That was actually a good exercise for those who bash Price.
  • Price with Rick and the rest of the 2000 Huskies
    Most Doogs would take the Tui/Sark combo cause Doogs are stupid like that.

The big difference the 2000 team had on this team was the OL, DL and coaching.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    Field

Locker/DJ (sticks around) 94' Dawgs
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    Definitely 2000, but I don't think that teams wins the Rose Bowl.
  • LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447
    So Price would have been able to duplicate Tui's 5 fourth quarter comebacks?
    Tui is a warrior and could overcome bad coaching.
    LevelPar said:

So Price would have been able to duplicate Tui's 5 fourth quarter comebacks?

Would Price have sucked the first three quarters where you needed comebacks against bad Cal, Stanford, Arizona, and ASU teams?
    LevelPar said:

Rick had one of the better coaching performances in 2000 in UW history. To say otherwise is ignoring the facts.

LevelPar said:

Rick had one of the better coaching performances in 2000 in UW history. To say otherwise is ignoring the facts.
    I would rather ignore that fact than not ignore your constant nibbling on "Ricks" foreskin.
    LevelPar said:

LevelPar said:

I would rather ignore that fact than not ignore your constant nibbling on "Ricks" foreskin.
    Rick had one of the better coaching seasons in UW history that year. Looking at the talent on the roster vs what they did, how he handled the Curtis Williams tragedy, how that was kind of a young team(the we are young was actually created that year by Ted Miller), was the only coach to defeat Miami in a span of like 35 games.
    LevelPar said:

LevelPar said:

You hate Rick and love Sark.

Are you the retard love child of Section14aFS?

LevelPar said:

LevelPar said:

Don't love Sark and don't hate Rick. In fact, I actually like Rick. My argument is Tui > Price
    LevelPar said:

LevelPar said:

LevelPar said:

Don't love Sark and don't hate Rick. In fact, I actually like Rick. My argument is Tui > Price
    You should make that argument then.

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club
    edited October 2013
    Bad options. Price doesn't elevate the 2000 team to a win over Miami, nor do they make it to a Rose Bowl. Tui elevates this year's team to 9 or 10 wins, but there aren't enough bad mother fuckers on this team to win the league, and those 9 or 10 wins not only save Sark's ass, but get him another contract extension.

Option A sacrifices a Rose Bowl, option B sacrifices Tui AND saves Sark. Fuck both options.

Bad options. Price doesn't elevate the 2000 team to a win over Miami, nor do they make it to a Rose Bowl. Tui elevates this year's team to 9 or 10 wins, but there aren't enough bad mother fuckers on this team to win the league, and those 9 or 10 wins not only save Sark's ass, but get him another contract extension.

Option A sacrifices a Rose Bowl, option B sacrifices Tui AND saves Sark. Fuck both options.

Team still goes to a Rose Bowl if you swapped Tui for Price. That team only upset one team which was Miami.

Remember that year the Pac-10 was very top heavy. You had Washington, Oregon State and Oregon who were all in the top 10. They all took turns beating each other at home. Meanwhile the rest of the conference was a total dreckfest. Why those three teams that I mentioned went a combined 18-0 against the rest of the league while only going 1-1 against each other.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/pac-10/2000.html

Look for yourselves. The conference besides those three were all fucking dogshit. All those "great" comeback wins were because Tui couldn't get off to a good start. It's why after every comeback win in the post game presser Gilby was always pissed off.

In fact after the comeback win over Cal he sarcastically said "For just once I'd like to see this 4th quarter offense happen in the first three quarters. That would be a nice change for once".

I would take Tui over Price but this notion that if you replace Tui with a good QB that team crumbles is bullshit.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    What is this - fucking fantasy Husky Football? Fuck off
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    Best pole ever to confuse and out Doogs who want to masquerade as 1%ers.