Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Smart, fundamentally sound, disciplined, physically intimidating football

2»

Comments

• AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,093 Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Smith has his moments of fucktardedness ...

That being said if we got the same OL play at ASU that we did against UCLA we wouldn’t be talking about a loss ...

You look like a tremendous OC when you can run the ball ... a terrible one when you can’t

Still does not excuse him from not being patience with it. Sometimes you might have to waste one or two drives to get it going
    Back in a high school game, we ran the same play 3 straight times and barely got a first down. On 1st down we ran a counter that looked the previous 3 runs and the back went for a long TD run.

When you have that patience as mentioned, it sets up the defense and can start wearing them down so that by the 2nd half, you can do whatever you want on offense.
    this isn't high school the WAC
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

That being said if we got the same OL play at ASU that we did against UCLA we wouldn’t be talking about a loss ...

You look like a tremendous OC when you can run the ball ... a terrible one when you can’t

Still does not excuse him from not being patience with it. Sometimes you might have to waste one or two drives to get it going
    I don’t disagree with you ...

Given how the game started and with how much the defense was on the field I’d imagine the urgency to sustain a drive increased

It’s easy to stick with the running game when the D is holding to 3 and outs ... when giving up 15 play drive on the first series and another decent lengthen one as well ... getting behind the chains is a recipe for disaster ...

That being said, the offense as a whole was a shit sandwich at ASU ... I’m not sure anybody really played that well
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I don’t disagree with you ...

Given how the game started and with how much the defense was on the field I’d imagine the urgency to sustain a drive increased

It’s easy to stick with the running game when the D is holding to 3 and outs ... when giving up 15 play drive on the first series and another decent lengthen one as well ... getting behind the chains is a recipe for disaster ...

That being said, the offense as a whole was a shit sandwich at ASU ... I’m not sure anybody really played that well
    It is not like we were 20 points behind. I understand urgency if you are more that 3 scores behind, but the game was never that out of reach
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

MisterEm said:

Main takeaways from these boreds...

Run the football.
    Follow the greed.
    Keep ATV and Sven in the Tug.

Ouch.
    Don't be a sally, Boobs.

You've got moments of brilliance when we lose. But Sperg out during the wins.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    edited November 2017
    MisterEm said:

Tequilla said:

The UCLA game was the closest I’ve seen to having an identity that matches our personnel ...

2) for all the shit Smith gets in scheme, he’s not as bad as we like to think he is ... the Browning INT to Gaskin was a TD design that Browning shit his pants on

Did you watch the ASU game?

Fuck off.
    I did

But for real. Last year was an abberation.

If you get used to losing in the desert like I'm used to losing when we play in the nw in Nov then you'll be much happier of a person.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    MisterEm said:

Main takeaways from these boreds...

Run the football.
    Follow the greed.
    Keep ATV and Sven in the Tug.

Hurtful