Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stats are for losers - 1991 Defense Edition

2»

Comments

• AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    edited November 2017
    AIRWOLF said:

Bryant made a big hit for a third down stop. Rosen stared down the receiver and Bryant jumped it.

What I noticed was after the play Bryant's team mates came over and pumped him up. They knew he was playing back and getting picked on but he was doing his job and they play as a unit.

we have a real defense irregaardless of mute poonts about injuries

Nice insight there. This is why we need our distant Dwag fans watching the tube and picking up on those sorts of things. I always miss this sort of thing up in the cheap seats.

Speaking of "real" defense, our yards per (all) games allowed is 236.3 and Bammer is 236.0, so we are figuratively only a C hair behind those guys. That's NT caliber defense being wasted away by dog shit offense. I am reminded of @CokeGreaterThanPepsi 's TBS stat of the need to have 40 or more Blue Chippers on the roster to be a legit contender (we have 28 at present). With 12 more 4/5 stars on the roster, you're probably looking at a real QB competition, better O line play and less JAGs in the receiving corps(e).
    Honestly, I am not sure our WR are that bad. I just think jake is really late and just not getting his reads down. He is playing like he is paralyzed or punch drunk out there
    Why can't we have abundance and say that Jake & the receivers not named Dante Pettis suck?
    I think Pounds may turn into something. Fuller, Baccelia, Lenius, and Chin range from below average JAG (Fuller) to total wastes of scholarships, apparently.

Not to mention that transfer who can't even get on the field. How badly must he suck?

Double-post, self-quote fucking trainwreck.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Bryant made a big hit for a third down stop. Rosen stared down the receiver and Bryant jumped it.

What I noticed was after the play Bryant's team mates came over and pumped him up. They knew he was playing back and getting picked on but he was doing his job and they play as a unit.

we have a real defense irregaardless of mute poonts about injuries

Nice insight there. This is why we need our distant Dwag fans watching the tube and picking up on those sorts of things. I always miss this sort of thing up in the cheap seats.

Speaking of "real" defense, our yards per (all) games allowed is 236.3 and Bammer is 236.0, so we are figuratively only a C hair behind those guys. That's NT caliber defense being wasted away by dog shit offense. I am reminded of @CokeGreaterThanPepsi 's TBS stat of the need to have 40 or more Blue Chippers on the roster to be a legit contender (we have 28 at present). With 12 more 4/5 stars on the roster, you're probably looking at a real QB competition, better O line play and less JAGs in the receiving corps(e).
    Honestly, I am not sure our WR are that bad. I just think jake is really late and just not getting his reads down. He is playing like he is paralyzed or punch drunk out there
    They are bad. Lenius has been a dud. The rest (Pounds, Baccellia, and Fuller) are at best average talents.