Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stats are for losers - 1991 Defense Edition

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,948 Founders Club
- 1991 Defense gave up 237.1 yards per game
- 2017 Defense is giving up 236.3 per game through 8; only 221.0 per game in conference play so far. And Myles Bryant is starting. And BBK is starting. And we have 3 home games left to play against cripple teams in November in Husky stadium.

But why shouldn't we run the ball 50 + times for the duration of the season. Fuck it - 3.3333333333 yards and a cloud of dust.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    dnc said:

1991 defense gave up less points than the 2017 offense though

In 2017 defense, Half of the points were scored on them was when offense was on field
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    The 2017 team doesn't have to face a tough Toledo team.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    BBK is good and Bryant isn’t bad. If you are expecting Bryant to be a shut down CB, you will be disappointed.

Bryant is a playmaker though who is constantly around the ball. For all he was “targeted” the defense allowed only 93 by the time Rosen went out.

BBK is good and Bryant isn’t bad. If you are expecting Bryant to be a shut down CB, you will be disappointed.

Bryant is a playmaker though who is constantly around the ball. For all he was “targeted” the defense allowed only 93 by the time Rosen went out.

Bryant is doing an amazing job given his physical tools. It is just we got spoiled by watching Jordan and Murphy
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

In 2017 defense, Half of the points were scored on them was when offense was on field
    Read it again
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Read it again
    Fuck me
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Fuck midgets.

Pics or it's a lie.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,948 Founders Club

Bryant made a big hit for a third down stop. Rosen stared down the receiver and Bryant jumped it.

What I noticed was after the play Bryant's team mates came over and pumped him up. They knew he was playing back and getting picked on but he was doing his job and they play as a unit.

we have a real defense irregaardless of mute poonts about injuries

Nice insight there. This is why we need our distant Dwag fans watching the tube and picking up on those sorts of things. I always miss this sort of thing up in the cheap seats.

Speaking of "real" defense, our yards per (all) games allowed is 236.3 and Bammer is 236.0, so we are figuratively only a C hair behind those guys. That's NT caliber defense being wasted away by dog shit offense. I am reminded of @CokeGreaterThanPepsi 's TBS stat of the need to have 40 or more Blue Chippers on the roster to be a legit contender (we have 28 at present). With 12 more 4/5 stars on the roster, you're probably looking at a real QB competition, better O line play and less JAGs in the receiving corps(e).
    edited October 2017

Bryant made a big hit for a third down stop. Rosen stared down the receiver and Bryant jumped it.

What I noticed was after the play Bryant's team mates came over and pumped him up. They knew he was playing back and getting picked on but he was doing his job and they play as a unit.

Nice insight there. This is why we need our distant Dwag fans watching the tube and picking up on those sorts of things. I always miss this sort of thing up in the cheap seats.

Speaking of "real" defense, our yards per (all) games allowed is 236.3 and Bammer is 236.0, so we are figuratively only a C hair behind those guys. That's NT caliber defense being wasted away by dog shit offense. I am reminded of @CokeGreaterThanPepsi 's TBS stat of the need to have 40 or more Blue Chippers on the roster to be a legit contender (we have 28 at present). With 12 more 4/5 stars on the roster, you're probably looking at a real QB competition, better O line play and less JAGs in the receiving corps(e).
    Honestly, I am not sure our WR are that bad. I just think jake is really late and just not getting his reads down. He is playing like he is paralyzed or punch drunk out there
    salemcoog said:

Honestly, I am not sure our WR are that bad. I just think jake is really late and just not getting his reads down. He is playing like he is paralyzed or punch drunk out there
    Your receivers are NOT as good this year. Last year you had Ross on one side and Pettis on the other. You can only double one of them. And when all of the LB'ers and sometimes corners sucked up on P/A, all Brownsharts had to do was heave it in the general direction of the one who was singled or sometimes doubled and they'd go get it. This year you don't have that other guy on the outside, so you get to see what kinda QB Brownsharts really is.

Mediocre.
    I agree they are not good as last year, but they are not complete shit that the stats are showing. Jake's limitations and weaknesses are more exposed
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    I think we are seeing that Browning can't (or won't) throw to guys unless they are wide open. Even then, he seems to realize they are wide open relatively late, so they gotta stay wide open while awaiting one of his parabolas touch passes to get there. This is not a new dynamic.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,906 Founders Club

Why can't we have abundance and say that Jake & the receivers not named Dante Pettis suck?