Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Someone we know hear has set up stage props that have failed.

This was nothing special.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    salemcoog said:

Stage props superiority guy? Are you a roadie as well as a crackhead?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2017
    Went to see NIN in San Francisco in 1994 I think. Was stationed at NAS Alameda before they closed it. Anyway, opening act was Marylin Manson. Basically a total unknown at that point. I thought he sucked ass. Jim Rose Circus was pretty cool though. Cool story, I know.

p.s. Saw Gwar about a month later. That was a show.
  • Options
    Butthole Surfers and Gwar. At the Paramount in Austin and Numbers in Houston. Two of the most amazing live shows I've ever seen. Also Fishbone at the UT student union was amazing just for sheer energy.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Butthole Surfers and Gwar. At the Paramount in Austin and Numbers in Houston. Two of the most amazing live shows I've ever seen. Also Fishbone at the UT student union was amazing just for sheer energy.

I saw the Surfers a couple times in Texas in high school mid to late 80's. I think most people don't even realize they are from Texas. Great Band.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

Gwar vs The Aquabats is some of the greatest shit in the history of history.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

I saw the Surfers a couple times in Texas in high school mid to late 80's. I think most people don't even realize they are from Texas. Great Band.
    Wait a fuckng minute. I want to high school outside Houston. Graduated 1988. Damn man.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Wait a fuckng minute. I want to high school outside Houston. Graduated 1988. Damn man.
    I was a year after you up in Dallas. My sister (RIP) was a stripper in Houston, and when I was in high school I'd drive down to visit her and party with all her stripper friends and do coke (circa 1989). I was 17. Any wonder how I turned out this way?
    I could see you being a member of Mötley Crüe.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Did Ivan set up the props?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Did Ivan set up the props?

No hot dogs in the frame. So, unlikely.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

I was a year after you up in Dallas. My sister (RIP) was a stripper in Houston, and when I was in high school I'd drive down to visit her and party with all her stripper friends and do coke (circa 1989). I was 17. Any wonder how I turned out this way?
    You know why
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

You know why
    Cell phones didn't exist in 1989 and I couldn't turn over kodaks to Walgreens to develop. Cocaine parties with underage people and topless strippers were frowned upon by the authorities in late 80's Texas. Prudes.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,655
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Don't know about props but stages are dangerous. I saw Aerosmith way back. So long ago no one really knew who they were. They opened for ZZ Top. Steven Tyler looked amped up on coke and was jumping around like crazy and fell off the side of the stage. It was a long F'ing drop. He back back up and finished though. Tougher than he looks but coke can do that for ya.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Sledog said:

Don't know about props but stages are dangerous. I saw Aerosmith way back. So long ago no one really knew who they were. They opened for ZZ Top. Steven Tyler looked amped up on coke and was jumping around like crazy and fell off the side of the stage. It was a long F'ing drop. He back back up and finished though. Tougher than he looks but coke can do that for ya.

Cool story bro.

Aerosmith was the headline at the Kingdome in 1976.

So that was way the fuck back ...
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

salemcoog said:

Stage props superiority guy? Are you a roadie as well as a crackhead?
    There is no one without the other.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

Sledog said:

Cool story bro.

Aerosmith was the headline at the Kingdome in 1976.

So that was way the fuck back ...
    They had already been around for 4 years in 76