Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

JT Tuimoloau, 5* 2021 DL, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 9/22/17)

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

lawsandl said:

JTT just followed Thibodeaux. It’s happening.

Oregon "cares about football" ... but you're fucking crazy if you think JTT will turn down Ohio State or someone else for Oregon all things considered.

I think JTT to Oregon is a long shot.

The same thing was said about Thibodeaux and Alabama. Or Justin Flowe and Clemson. You never know in recruiting.

How is JTT so different that it’s crazy? If anything, on paper he sounds as he would be the likeliest to go to Oregon out of those.
    This is not about how great oregon is. This is about what a waste every other program on the west coast is. Oregon actually tries. Sometimes they pull off this type of stuff.

Usc is stupid. Uw has no self awareness and thinks they are doing great. If he wants to stay on the west coast he should go to Oregon. Hard to admit for some doogs. He really should go to tOSU though. College would be more fun there.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

animate said:

lawsandl said:

Oregon "cares about football" ... but you're fucking crazy if you think JTT will turn down Ohio State or someone else for Oregon all things considered.

The same thing was said about Thibodeaux and Alabama. Or Justin Flowe and Clemson. You never know in recruiting.

How is JTT so different that it’s crazy? If anything, on paper he sounds as he would be the likeliest to go to Oregon out of those.
    This is not about how great oregon is. This is about what a waste every other program on the west coast is. Oregon actually tries. Sometimes they pull off this type of stuff.

Usc is stupid. Uw has no self awareness and thinks they are doing great. If he wants to stay on the west coast he should go to Oregon. Hard to admit for some doogs. He really should go to tOSU though. College would be more fun there.
    Who else is he going to play with on that DL to take away attention from him? At UW he has Tuli, Savell, Latu, Tui, Taki, Voi etc.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

animate said:

lawsandl said:

Who else is he going to play with on that DL to take away attention from him? At UW he has Tuli, Savell, Latu, Tui, Taki, Voi etc.
    What does it matter who he has playing with him in games against wsu and osu that nobody cares about. He wants to win natties. He should go somewhere where football comes first.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

animate said:

lawsandl said:

I don’t disagree with any of that.

It makes sense for the best DL to go to Alabama or Ohio State, best DBs to LSU or Alabama, best WRs to Oklahoma or Ohio State, etc.

I don’t know if it increases the odds of success, I’ll run the numbers some time. If a recruit is as sure of a thing as it gets in the scouting department my hypothesis would be is that all they need is a program that provides them the exposure, coaching, and training to meet their goals. There’s nothing to show JTT that says Oregon can’t do that. Unless a national championship is one of the goals, ha.

While I do think Oregon’s national rep is overblown, you have to remember that you and I are college football fans who care enough to post on a recruiting board. Whereas recruits are kids who are casual fans. Most of them know very little about college football and barely watch it.

Oregon says that they’ve finished in the top-5 for half the decade under three different coaches, got to the natty twice, had a Heisman winner, and are about to have their fifth top-10 pick in the last eight years - that impresses a recruit. Oregon’s recruiting has been a headline maker, and before transfers the 2021 roster will have in the range of 4 5-stars and 44 4-stars. That should be good for about 6th or 7th in the team talent composite.

That’s not a bad resume to show any recruit, but especially for a PNW Polynesian kid. JTT takes a lot of pride in the success of Poly athletes and athletes from the PNW. When you have Marcus Mariota, Penei Sewell, Haloti Ngata, and DeForest Buckner in your recent past that doesn’t hurt. Their Heisman and Outland trophies are on display in the $40m Mariota building. The team had special uniforms to honor them and others who have gone through the program. The most famous Polynesian celebrity played with the head coach and tweets about Oregon football. The position coach knows your dad. The NFL’s new star rookie is a humble PNW kid that will praise Oregon football every chance he gets. A guy that loves basketball might also like sneakers and doesn’t view Nike U as anything but a positive. And all of this is driving distance from home and family, yet some UW fans are still failing to see that.

I, and most Oregon fans, are not expecting JTT. He’s mentioned as a long shot even by the quookiest on our boards. Getting JTT would be a shocker, even though everyone knows Cristobal is as good of a recruiter as you can ask for. Maybe it’s PTSD from being the other hat on the table for so long.

animate said:

lawsandl said:

It makes sense for the best DL to go to Alabama or Ohio State, best DBs to LSU or Alabama, best WRs to Oklahoma or Ohio State, etc.

I don’t know if it increases the odds of success, I’ll run the numbers some time. If a recruit is as sure of a thing as it gets in the scouting department my hypothesis would be is that all they need is a program that provides them the exposure, coaching, and training to meet their goals. There’s nothing to show JTT that says Oregon can’t do that. Unless a national championship is one of the goals, ha.

While I do think Oregon’s national rep is overblown, you have to remember that you and I are college football fans who care enough to post on a recruiting board. Whereas recruits are kids who are casual fans. Most of them know very little about college football and barely watch it.

Oregon says that they’ve finished in the top-5 for half the decade under three different coaches, got to the natty twice, had a Heisman winner, and are about to have their fifth top-10 pick in the last eight years - that impresses a recruit. Oregon’s recruiting has been a headline maker, and before transfers the 2021 roster will have in the range of 4 5-stars and 44 4-stars. That should be good for about 6th or 7th in the team talent composite.

That’s not a bad resume to show any recruit, but especially for a PNW Polynesian kid. JTT takes a lot of pride in the success of Poly athletes and athletes from the PNW. When you have Marcus Mariota, Penei Sewell, Haloti Ngata, and DeForest Buckner in your recent past that doesn’t hurt. Their Heisman and Outland trophies are on display in the $40m Mariota building. The team had special uniforms to honor them and others who have gone through the program. The most famous Polynesian celebrity played with the head coach and tweets about Oregon football. The position coach knows your dad. The NFL’s new star rookie is a humble PNW kid that will praise Oregon football every chance he gets. A guy that loves basketball might also like sneakers and doesn’t view Nike U as anything but a positive. And all of this is driving distance from home and family, yet some UW fans are still failing to see that.

I, and most Oregon fans, are not expecting JTT. He’s mentioned as a long shot even by the quookiest on our boards. Getting JTT would be a shocker, even though everyone knows Cristobal is as good of a recruiter as you can ask for. Maybe it’s PTSD from being the other hat on the table for so long.

Too many words to say that he should go to tOSU unless being in the west coast is super important to him.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

animate said:

lawsandl said:

Too many words to say that he should go to tOSU unless being in the west coast is super important to him.
    Too many words is my style.

My point is that what he needs for individual success is available at places other than tOSU. Groundbreaking, I know.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

lawsandl said:

Maybe but this ship has already sailed fudgie. Pack it in.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,484
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    tOSU

Oregon wins recruiting battles against UW, Texas, USC, UCLA

Rare is the win over Clemson, Bama, or tOSU.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    thechatch said:

tOSU

They did beat Bama for Thibs
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,484
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

thechatch said:

tOSU

They did beat Bama for Thibs
    And the Sewells, but going toe to toe with Bama for coveted recruits is probably not a great idea, over the long haul.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    It is happening
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    I will publicly bash the kid if he goes to Oregon.

KT will congratulate him.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited December 2020
    edited December 2020

"Just a pup". He's coming here, obviously.
    I mean I want JTT. Don’t get me wrong. But as a scrawny 160 lbs try hard 16 year old my junior year I was putting up 225lbs with no help from a spotter or no special training like Fsp or a personal trainer. The #1 DL prospect in the country just did it 3 times with help from a spotter and didn’t even go down to his chest.

Pick a different video to highlight Tracy Ford. Be better.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,715
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SI says UW is preparing to shock the world with JT
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    so ... maybe JTT was "unexcited" when trying to describe UW ... not because he wasn't going there ... but because he's going there and didn't want to look too excited ...

yeah, for a moment there I dooged the fuck out.