Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Murphy

He is already my favorite player on the team to watch. I think the kid is going to end up being the best corner the Huskies have had in 25 years. Seeing Murphy make awesome contributions on Special Teams in his first two games is icing on the cake and indicative of how locked in he is.

I go back and forth about whether he is more valuable doing the Sidney Jones role (keeping one side of the field on permanent lock-down) or whether he would be better suited to the Budda Baker role of a slot corner/rolled up safety/edge blitzer. Fortunately, defensive back is the one position group where I have zero concerns about talent being mis-utilized; Jimmy Lake knows what the fuck he is doing. Also, Myles Bryant, despite being Lilliputian in stature, is doing a pretty credible Baker impression already.

My one worry, other than injury, is that he is so good that he only plays two seasons before he declares after his RS Sophomore year.

Comments

• AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    Re: your worry... that's a non-worry. If he plays 2 yrs and moves on, what a great example of what's possible for the next group. The one case where "I never fault the kids" is if they're good enough to go pro, go. Make that dough while you can. We?'ll benefit from 2 yrs of All American play, they'll get paid and set a great example for the next crop of studs.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    AIRWOLF said:

He is already my favorite player on the team to watch. I think the kid is going to end up being the best corner the Huskies have had in 25 years. Seeing Murphy make awesome contributions on Special Teams in his first two games is icing on the cake and indicative of how locked in he is.

I go back and forth about whether he is more valuable doing the Sidney Jones role (keeping one side of the field on permanent lock-down) or whether he would be better suited to the Budda Baker role of a slot corner/rolled up safety/edge blitzer. Fortunately, defensive back is the one position group where I have zero concerns about talent being mis-utilized; Jimmy Lake knows what the fuck he is doing. Also, Myles Bryant, despite being Lilliputian in stature, is doing a pretty credible Baker impression already.

My one worry, other than injury, is that he is so good that he only plays two seasons before he declares after his RS Sophomore year.

90 percent chance he gets a weed suspension at some point. I don't want it to happen but as a guy who enjoys a nice joint every now and then Murphy looks like he enjoys indulging as well.
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    Can I say Byron mother fucking Murphy?.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840

He's better than SMFJ at same stage.

He's better at this stage than just about any DB I have ever followed closely in college. I guess Budda and Earl Thomas are probably in the same category.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    AIRWOLF said:

He's better at this stage than just about any DB I have ever followed closely in college. I guess Budda and Earl Thomas are probably in the same category.
    Rapp was better than Budda as a true frosh.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited September 2017

SMFJ never redshirted. He also played on shitty, developing teams.

Murphy is an obvious stud, but Sidney Jones is about as good of a college CB as a team can have. Same with Peters. Fuck, we have had some great CB's.
    Peters was the best in my opinion until he got booted. We never got to see him at full potential. SMFJ was awesome didn't wow me, with impossible catches , just steadily took 1/2 of the field away. Hopefully Murphy is better than both
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

SMFJ never redshirted. He also played on shitty, developing teams.

Murphy is an obvious stud, but Sidney Jones is about as good of a college CB as a team can have. Same with Peters. Fuck, we have had some great CB's.
    Peters was the best in my opinion until he got booted. We never got to see him at full potential. SMFJ was awesome didn't wow me, with impossible catches , just steadily took 1/2 of the field away. Hopefully Murphy is better than both
    Murphy and Peters are playmaker type CB's. Jones and Trufant were different type of CB's. King was kind of in between, playing style wise.

I never realized how good certain CB's for UW have been dating back to Sark's shitty reign.