Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rutgers Perspective - Overreacting is HARD

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
2017 Offensive Game Stats:

24 carries for 84 yards = 3.5 yards per carry
17 of 30 for 284 yards = 9.5 yards per attempt and 16.7 yards per completion
54 total offensive plays for 368 yards = 6.8 yards per offensive play
30 total points (7 from special teams) = 8.2 points per 100 yards of offense
0 turnovers

2016 Offensive Game Stats:

30 carries for 91 yards = 3.0 yards per carry
20 of 29 for 289 yards = 10.0 yards per attempt and 14.5 yards per completion
59 offensive plays for 380 yards = 6.4 yards per offensive play
48 total points (14 from special teams) = 12.6 points per 100 yards of offense
1 turnover

2017 Defensive Game Stats:

42 carries for 131 yards = 3.1 yards per carry
24 for 35 for 178 yards = 5.1 yards per attempt and 7.4 yards per completion
77 defensive plays for 309 yards = 4.0 yards per defensive play
14 total points allowed = 4.5 yards per 100 yards allowed
2 turnovers = 1 turnover for every 38.5 defensive plays

2016 Defensive Game Stats:

48 carries for 136 yards = 2.8 yards per carry
24 of 40 for 168 yards = 4.2 yards per attempt and 7.0 yards per completion
88 defensive plays for 304 yards = 3.5 yards per defensive play
13 total points allowed = 4.3 yards per 100 yards allowed
3 turnovers = 1 turnover for every 29 defensive plays

They are basically the same game and the same stats ... Rutgers is a little better than they were last year ... one was at home and one was on the road.

Perspective is obviously hard ...

Comments

• Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    I agree people have been overreacting but just comparing the stats of the two games doesn't show the entire picture. Last years game was over by half time and scrubs played the entire second half basically. This years game our starters played longer and we didn't put the game out of reach until the 4th quarter.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

I agree people have been overreacting but just comparing the stats of the two games doesn't show the entire picture. Last years game was over by half time and scrubs played the entire second half basically. This years game our starters played longer and we didn't put the game out of reach until the 4th quarter.

This game against Rutgers was also over at halftime ... there was absolutely zero risk of UW losing that game.

1. Expectations are higher this year.

2. Defense was significantly more dominant in 2016. 2017 gave up 14.3% more yards per play even though in 2016 Rutgers gained 133 of its 304 yards on the last three drives after UW was up 48-3.

Are they?

The expectations to me are exactly the same ... win the PAC North, win the P12 Championship, get into the CFP and see where things wind up.

LOL at 14%+ more yards per play ... that's just fucking comical.

Since you like to bring fucktarded stats to the table thinking you have me in a "gotcha" moment, Rutgers gained 103 of their total yards in the 4th quarter on their last 3 drives after UW was up 27-7.

One game was at home and one on the road (generally play better at home).

Rutgers has more talent this year with all of their transfers than what they had last year.

Analysis is clearly not your strong suit ...

Tequilla said:

2017 Offensive Game Stats:

30 total points (7 from special teams) = 8.2 points per 100 yards of offense

2016 Offensive Game Stats:

48 total points (14 from special teams) = 12.6 points per 100 yards of offense
    1 turnover

They are basically the same game and the same stats ...

Taking special teams out of the picture ...

23 points this year = 5 offensive scores (2 TDs, 3 FGs)

34 points last year = 6 offensive scores (4 TDs, 2 FGs)

If you want to say that we didn't finish our drives as well this year ... would agree 100%.

If you want to say that the reason we didn't finish as many drives is because we don't have the same kind of explosive WR play (yet) without Ross ... that's fine.

But by and large, the offensive and defensive performances were similar YoY and in particular on a per play basis.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,168
    like I've said multiple times that this was the same as last year (especially about the ol) but I'm not sure stats dump is the way to prove that. 99% of people already understand this and the 1% who don't aren't going to be swayed by a post like this
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,168

1. Expectations are higher this year.

I agree with you and want to comment for those who disagree that we have a completely different prior this year and realistically our expectations need to be different.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Clearly the people responding in this thread don't forecast for a living. Sounds like you guys need to go watch some more film.