Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Road openers under Petersen

2014 Hawaii
2015 Boise State
2016 Arizona
2017 Rutgers

Discuss.

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,156
    Of all those games I would actually say the performance at Arizona was the least excusable. And even then the mantra was "we finally won in the desert."

I can't recall details of the BSU game, but recall losing at the LOS often in the other 3 games which strangely ended up being the 3 of those 4 that they won.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,109

Of all those games I would actually say the performance at Arizona was the least excusable. And even then the mantra was "we finally won in the desert."

I can't recall details of the BSU game, but recall losing at the LOS often in the other 3 games which strangely ended up being the 3 of those 4 that they won.

Yeah, the Arizona game was worse last year. The game yesterday was almost a mini-Arizona.

Nice avatar
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Gladstone said:

2014 Hawaii
    2015 Boise State
    2016 Arizona
    2017 Rutgers

Discuss.

Limited injuries spring and fall
    See Sark. Discuss
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,943 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

2014 Hawaii
    2015 Boise State
    2016 Arizona
    2017 Rutgers

Discuss.

It's almost like there is a wired trend that looks intentional.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,299

Last night was strange because neither team was trying their hardest to win.

Rutgers wanted to burn clock and keep the score resprctable.

UW wanted to get in some live scrimmage reps and not get hurt.

Seemed just like Arizona last year, Ash wanted his program defining win on national TV. What is so disappointing is they pushed the edge of dirty football and we seemed to just try to ignore it. The blueprint to beat us is challenge us to a fight.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    edited September 2017

Seemed just like Arizona last year, Ash wanted his program defining win on national TV. What is so disappointing is they pushed the edge of dirty football and we seemed to just try to ignore it. The blueprint to beat us is challenge us to a fight.
    Seemed to me more like he wanted a moral victory. Their offense was extremely conservative and other than the one drive where they caught us with poor personnel in tempo they ran the clock down as much as possible. I only remember one pass downfield- the TD over Taylor.

And punting twice on 4th and 1 was criminal.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,109

Seemed to me more like he wanted a moral victory. Their offense was extremely conservative and other than the one drive where they caught us with poor personnel in tempo they ran the clock down as much as possible. I only remember one pass downfield- the TD over Taylor.

And punting twice on 4th and 1 was criminal.
    Yeah, if I was a Rutgers fan, I imagine the feeling is similar to how we felt after the Sark moral victory at home vs. LSU.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Pete's Boise State road openers weren't as great as I remembered, pretty up and down.

2006 @ Wyoming - squeaked by 17-10 against a shit 6-6 team
    2007 @ WASHINGTON, damnit -- disgracefully loses to Willingham 10-24
    2008 @ No. 12 Oregon -- impressive 37-32 win at Autzen
    2009 @ Fresno State -- blowout win over 8-5 Pat Hill TUFF team
    2010 @ No. 13 Virginia Tech -- 33-30 win over a GOOD VT team that went 11-0 in ACC until obliterated by Harbaugh's Tree in Orange Bowl
    2011 @ No. 22 Georgia -- Dominant 35-21 victory, not as close as final score indicated
    2012 @ Michigan State -- close 13-17 loss
    2013 @ Washington -- loses to Sark 6-38

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    edited September 2017
    Gladstone said:

Pete's Boise State road openers weren't as great as I remembered, pretty up and down.

2010 @ No. 13 Virginia Tech -- 33-30 win over a GOOD VT team that went 11-0 in ACC until obliterated by Harbaugh's Tree in Orange Bowl
    2011 @ No. 22 Georgia -- Dominant 35-21 victory, not as close as final score indicated

Boise should have fired him on the W twice.
  • MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492

Gladstone said:

Boise should have fired him on the W twice.
    We? didn't even score a point in the second half either I believe. Pretty fucking shitty.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    phineas said:

We failed to recruit one single rootger fan. HH is doomed

They're all fags.

WDWTA
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    edited September 2017
    That Boise State team had an OC better than ours.

[edit]

Oh shit, NVM, I was thinking it was still Bryan Harsin, but 2010 was his last year as OC, and 2011 was Brent Pease.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    uzi said:

That Boise State team had an OC better than ours.
    Whoosh, right?