Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    mcgarry fucked up big time there
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

stand corrected by baseman. i am idiot
  • Wombat_GuernicaWombat_Guernica Member Posts: 126
    Time for Wing T offense
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Baseman said:

Wrong. He blocked the inside rusher like he was supposed to. Jake has to recognize the blitz and audible to the hot route.
    This, he had to see that pre snap, we didn't have the numbers on that edge, he has to get the ball and throw.
    I'd have to go back and look at the formation and see if it was possible to slide the protection ... but barring that Jake has to be aware there
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

Wrong. He blocked the inside rusher like he was supposed to. Jake has to recognize the blitz and audible to the hot route.
    This, he had to see that pre snap, we didn't have the numbers on that edge, he has to get the ball and throw.
    I'd have to go back and look at the formation and see if it was possible to slide the protection ... but barring that Jake has to be aware there
    You don't slide protection in a straight drop. You either reassign the TE/H-back or the running back to block the edge or hit the check down where that defender should be.

Stop talking about football and stick to story telling.
    Mosster47 said:

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

You don't slide protection in a straight drop. You either reassign the TE/H-back or the running back to block the edge or hit the check down where that defender should be.

Good point a team out flanks you and you say oh fuck we're fucked and move on ... fuck that

Without seeing the pre-snap I'd put 90% on Browning ... but it is possible protection could have even adjusted ... which Browning could have also called out
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    Who gives a fuck whose fault it was, it was awesome.
    Will give him credit for getting up after that hit
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    If you listen closely, you can hear the CTE take root
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Tequilla said:

Mosster47 said:

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

Good point a team out flanks you and you say oh fuck we're fucked and move on ... fuck that

Without seeing the pre-snap I'd put 90% on Browning ... but it is possible protection could have even adjusted ... which Browning could have also called out
    Just stop.

Line play is about numbers, period. There is nothing else schematically.

UW runs at most a TE and one RB. They can match a 7 man front. Why the fuck would you slide protection when you have numbers and are dropping straight back?

The QB either assigns the TE and RB to stay in and pick up their edge or lets them stay in the patter and make a quick replacement throw.

Someone blew an assignment on their block or Browning didn't see the pressure. Some dipshit calling for a slide protection in that scenario is like Oregon fans yelling at Ernie Kent for not running a pick-and-roll when he didn't have a center.

Just say you are upset Browning got his face smashed in and you hope it doesn't happen again.