Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kearse to the NY Jets

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Sheldon Richardson to the Seahawks seems imminent.

Rumors of Kearse + a 4th round pick. If so that's an insanely good deal for Seattle.

Comments

• Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2017
    I wish it was an offensive lineman but that's actually a really good trade for the Seahawks.

• Options

I wish it was an offensive lineman but that's actually a really good trade for the Seahawks.

It's a 2nd rounder and a swap of 7th rounders, but still, great deal. They get a year of Richardson for moving down from a 2018 2nd rounder to a 2019 third rounder (comp pic for Richardson).

Makes them the team to beat in the NFC IMO. Pass rushing DT was easily the biggest weakness on the defense.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    edited September 2017
    dnc said:

It's a 2nd rounder and a swap of 7th rounders, but still, great deal. They get a year of Richardson for moving down from a 2018 2nd rounder to a 2019 third rounder (comp pic for Richardson).

Makes them the team to beat in the NFC IMO. Pass rushing DT was easily the biggest weakness on the defense.
    Until they fix the OC and OL, they aren't the conference favorite, you Hook.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Also now fans don't have to worry about Kearse fucking things up this year. Kearse made same great plays in big games for the Hawks but last year he was absolute trash. Thank you Kasen for stepping up and helping the Seahawks brass to move on from Kearse.
  • Options

dnc said:

disagree
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

disagree
    Last I checked, they still can't outscore GB and ATL.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

disagree
    Assuming Earl and Kam stay healthy, the defense should be able to shut them down and neither GB nor ATL have defenses that scare anybody.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,096
    Also, let's just clarify something....

The same dipshit 12's that are celebrating Kearse today, calling him the "hometown boy" and lamenting this trade are the same doogs that criticized him and used him as a scapegoat for Jake Locker's shitty QB play.
  • Options
    MelloDawg said:

The same dipshit 12's that are celebrating Kearse today, calling him the "hometown boy" and lamenting this trade are the same doogs that criticized him and used him as a scapegoat for Jake Locker's shitty QB play.

We must run in different twitter circles, everyone I see is celebrating Kearse's exit/Richardson's acquisition.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,096
    dnc said:

MelloDawg said:

We must run in different twitter circles, everyone I see is celebrating Kearse's exit/Richardson's acquisition.
    I'm saying the specific 12's who are celebrating him, not that all 12's are celebrating him. Sounds like you need to learn the difference.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

disagree
    Assuming Earl and Kam stay healthy, the defense should be able to shut them down and neither GB nor ATL have defenses that scare anybody.
    If you have to assume health in the NFL, you're wrong
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

disagree
    If you have to assume health in the NFL, you're wrong
    Yeah, saying they can't outscore GB and ATL isn't assuming any health on those teams parts at all.

Every NFL prediction is an assumption of health.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,436
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    HAWK me while I boof!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Seahawks DL is going to dominate.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,787
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Have to agree with Sven here

That beating they took in Atlanta was pathetic and they basically didn't improve the OL at all that I'm aware of. The offense is also still basically designed to be a run offense and I don't trust most running backs by committee. Plus Darrell is still gainfully employed. They aren't some long shot, but they're definitely not a favorite until they can get a one or two seed again. They might be able to do 11-5. 12-4 will be a stretch.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Have to agree with Sven here

That beating they took in Atlanta was pathetic and they basically didn't improve the OL at all that I'm aware of. The offense is also still basically designed to be a run offense and I don't trust most running backs by committee. Plus Darrell is still gainfully employed. They aren't some long shot, but they're definitely not a favorite until they can get a one or two seed again. They might be able to do 11-5. 12-4 will be a stretch.
    The OL sucks and likely will again.

The Seahawks didn't lose because of their OL though. The were getting shredded through the air. That's what happens every time Earl Thomas is out.

It's hard to call the Seahawks the favorite, but they are one of them. Nobody considered the Cowboys or Atlanta the favorite before last season. GB and Seattle have been the preseason NFC favorite the past 4-5 years.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2017
    Atlanta trades Shanahan for Sark. So they're -2.5 wins from last season due to that. But they win that division.

Dallas will win the division.

Green Bay wins theirs.

And Seattle wins theirs.

Minny and the GMen are WCs.

The sleepers are Carolina NO and maybe Tampa to unseat the above. The NFC South is a GOOD conference. Detroit doesn't make the playoffs again just for the simple fact that they were in them last year. AZ is still going with Palmer and the other 2 backups. Not gonna work. No other NFC team has a prayer to make the playoffs.

Injuries and suspensions for playoff teams throughout the Season will dictate who gets to Minny in Feb as much as anything. No clear cut favorite in my eyes.
  • Options

dnc said:

Bump