Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Following in the footsteps of Nick Harris

TSIO, TRUE!!???

Per doogman's breakout stars of fall camp:

QB - Jake Haener
The true freshman has looked so good and has absorbed what’s been thrown at him (pun intended) so well that he may have already moved ahead of Daniel Bridge-Gadd on the depth chart. Clearly it’s way too early to know how this will all filter out, but Haener shows arguably the strongest arm of the quarterback group and hasn’t looked over-awed. Sure he’s thrown plenty of picks, but Jake Browning did the fall camp right before he started as a true frosh.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

FUCK NO

In the practices I've seen, Browning has had some good and bad moments. The hope is that the bad is a combination of it being early in camp and the defense is really fucking good. The concern is that he has a medical condition called "oh shititis" that comes anytime some large human being is chasing after him looking to cause him bodily harm.

I've actually been pleasantly surprised in what I've seen from Magna Carta. IF he needs to play any kind of meaningful snaps, I don't think that we're super fucked. I'm not sure he's good enough to beat an elite Top 10-15 team ... but I definitely think we can beat a Top 20-25 team with him.

Haener looks like a freshman. I'm not entirely sure why they are giving him so many reps ... but I do think it's very clear that at least 1 QB will be leaving in the offseason whether it is Magna Carta or Bridge Gadd. Bridge Gadd hasn't looked overly impressive in the things I've seen as he's got a tendency to really try to force things. The only thing I can think of is that they are trying to get Haener as many reps as possible now to build up the competition starting next year when Sirmon and Yankoff come into the program as they'll likely be getting significant reps and likely at the expense of Haener.

I still stand by my comments on the Signing Day Pod that Jake Haener will never take a meaningful snap at UW.

Chinned for giving #MyKJ his propers
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Haener is starting at left guard as a freshman?
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

FUCK NO

In the practices I've seen, Browning has had some good and bad moments. The hope is that the bad is a combination of it being early in camp and the defense is really fucking good. The concern is that he has a medical condition called "oh shititis" that comes anytime some large human being is chasing after him looking to cause him bodily harm.

I've actually been pleasantly surprised in what I've seen from Magna Carta. IF he needs to play any kind of meaningful snaps, I don't think that we're super fucked. I'm not sure he's good enough to beat an elite Top 10-15 team ... but I definitely think we can beat a Top 20-25 team with him.

Haener looks like a freshman. I'm not entirely sure why they are giving him so many reps ... but I do think it's very clear that at least 1 QB will be leaving in the offseason whether it is Magna Carta or Bridge Gadd. Bridge Gadd hasn't looked overly impressive in the things I've seen as he's got a tendency to really try to force things. The only thing I can think of is that they are trying to get Haener as many reps as possible now to build up the competition starting next year when Sirmon and Yankoff come into the program as they'll likely be getting significant reps and likely at the expense of Haener.

I still stand by my comments on the Signing Day Pod that Jake Haener will never take a meaningful snap at UW.

Haeners Mom took a meaningful snap from me in about 1992. Just sayin.
    Should have been the other way around.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

TSIO, TRUE!!???

Per doogman's breakout stars of fall camp:

QB - Jake Haener
    The true freshman has looked so good and has absorbed what’s been thrown at him (pun intended) so well that he may have already moved ahead of Daniel Bridge-Gadd on the depth chart. Clearly it’s way too early to know how this will all filter out, but Haener shows arguably the strongest arm of the quarterback group and hasn’t looked over-awed. Sure he’s thrown plenty of picks, but Jake Browning did the fall camp right before he started as a true frosh.

I stand corrected!!!!!!
    mods?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,616
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    PGOS injuring himself at a sorority event has given Haener opportunities which would otherwise have proved elusive