Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shitty Player Countdown to UW football: Day 24

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

To be fair, he got scout player of the year award as a freshman and then got in Tyrone's "dog house" for some reason. Not sure if he really did suck or if Tyrone fucked him over. Abundance?

@allpurpleallgold ruined him.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'd love to blame Ty but he just sucked.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,132
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,007
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

At first glance I thought this was FREE PUB! And I was pissed. I was gonna have to ask if you've ever taken it 60 yards down the sidelines against Miami. (I thought so). But then upon closer examination, this guy didn't really look anything like the real #24.
    ISAFNRC!
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tyrigger warning please
  • Options
    Founders Club

Best player on the field. Nuff said on that.

I know this has taken on a life of its own but I worked every practice that year and Hasty would house at least 1 long handoff/practice against the 1s. Probably a case of tallest midget but the dude seriously shit all over the first team defense and actually looked pretty good. Probably should have played, actually...considering the last like 4 games of the season every RB was hurt and a SR free safety who never played offense in college before then took every snap at RB to finish the season

But that team was so dysfunctional. Robert Lewis was a horrendous TE, Michael Gottlieb was a below average TE, Johnny Kirton (RIP) wasn't a TE let's be honest. Yet Ty insisted on playing them. And if they're the best you got, you have serious problems. While we still had serious problems, it was obvious to anybody with half an eyeball that Jared Bronson was the best TE on the roster. I'm not exaggerating, he made play after play in practice but for whatever reason never played. So he transferred to Central and I'm pretty sure was invited to the NFL combine.

And Chambers should have played every snap. I don't care what TWilly would say about his practice habits. First off, they made it sound like he picked dandelions all practice. But he participated in all the drills just like everybody else. He may not have given 100% on every rep but who fucking cares? There was a lot more to that than the stupid practice myth. Because he didn't do anything wrong and hardly played. Yet when he did he'd catch 2 balls for 78 yards. Fuck Tyrone. Especially because guys like Russo were the alternative and he played the majority of snaps. @SonnyShackelford deserved his PT and Russ was a good guy and hard worker but had the size of Sean McGrew and the speed of Azeem Victor. Shit, based on practice alone, Alex fucking Mercier (who?) should have gotten a ton of snaps.

Fucking A, how did shit get that fucking bad? I weighed in MOrgan Rosborough first day of camp and he was like 408. FOUR fucking HUNDRED and EIGHT fucking POUNDS. And there was supposed to be a stipulation attached to his scholarship but pretty sure he was just as fat at the end of the season.
    TYFYS, did Ty ever tell you you lacked comportment?
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I know this has taken on a life of its own but I worked every practice that year and Hasty would house at least 1 long handoff/practice against the 1s. Probably a case of tallest midget but the dude seriously shit all over the first team defense and actually looked pretty good. Probably should have played, actually...considering the last like 4 games of the season every RB was hurt and a SR free safety who never played offense in college before then took every snap at RB to finish the season

But that team was so dysfunctional. Robert Lewis was a horrendous TE, Michael Gottlieb was a below average TE, Johnny Kirton (RIP) wasn't a TE let's be honest. Yet Ty insisted on playing them. And if they're the best you got, you have serious problems. While we still had serious problems, it was obvious to anybody with half an eyeball that Jared Bronson was the best TE on the roster. I'm not exaggerating, he made play after play in practice but for whatever reason never played. So he transferred to Central and I'm pretty sure was invited to the NFL combine.

And Chambers should have played every snap. I don't care what TWilly would say about his practice habits. First off, they made it sound like he picked dandelions all practice. But he participated in all the drills just like everybody else. He may not have given 100% on every rep but who fucking cares? There was a lot more to that than the stupid practice myth. Because he didn't do anything wrong and hardly played. Yet when he did he'd catch 2 balls for 78 yards. Fuck Tyrone. Especially because guys like Russo were the alternative and he played the majority of snaps. @SonnyShackelford deserved his PT and Russ was a good guy and hard worker but had the size of Sean McGrew and the speed of Azeem Victor. Shit, based on practice alone, Alex fucking Mercier (who?) should have gotten a ton of snaps.

Fucking A, how did shit get that fucking bad? I weighed in MOrgan Rosborough first day of camp and he was like 408. FOUR fucking HUNDRED and EIGHT fucking POUNDS. And there was supposed to be a stipulation attached to his scholarship but pretty sure he was just as fat at the end of the season.
    Actually, yes. I didn't know any of the fucking sideline rules and apparently you're not allowed between the 20s. So I decided to celebrate a touchdown pumping my fist basically to the goal line. Haha and apparently the refs were closer than close to calling a sideline penalty on UW. To this day, I praise Allah they decided to hold on to their yellow hankeys. Or I may not have made it out of that weekend alive.

And another time he yelled at my boss to yell at me for talking to Hugh Millen before practice because I was supposedly "divulging private information to the media". Lol when all Hugh wanted to talk about was his fucking Baden balls and if I could get Stanback to try them out lol. Good times.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    Founders Club

Actually, yes. I didn't know any of the fucking sideline rules and apparently you're not allowed between the 20s. So I decided to celebrate a touchdown pumping my fist basically to the goal line. Haha and apparently the refs were closer than close to calling a sideline penalty on UW. To this day, I praise Allah they decided to hold on to their yellow hankeys. Or I may not have made it out of that weekend alive.

And another time he yelled at my boss to yell at me for talking to Hugh Millen before practice because I was supposedly "divulging private information to the media". Lol when all Hugh wanted to talk about was his fucking Baden balls and if I could get Stanback to try them out lol. Good times.
    You need to write an article for HH outlining all the shit you've seen so that we #neverforget