Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We talking about practice? Yes

Comments

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2017

Not that I have anything against him I just wanted him to be Hawkins 2.0 so I could laugh at you guys.

I completely relate to, and respect, that. Fair enough.

Schad is 90% of what makes CFB special.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,586
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    TTJ said:

Not that I have anything against him I just wanted him to be Hawkins 2.0 so I could laugh at you guys.

I completely relate to, and respect, that. Fair enough.

Schad is 90% of what makes CFB special.
    What the fuck is schad
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Pete is wrong ...

I guarantee SC cares about a preseason top 5 ranking
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Pete is wrong ...

I guarantee SC cares about a preseason top 5 ranking

Nope

Two times in the past five years, USC has been picked to win the Pac-12 Conference football championship. Yet the Trojans have yet to win one since Carroll’s departure.

And so it begins again this season. Media members picked the Trojans as heavy favorites in the South Division at Pac-12 media days in Hollywood on Wednesday and Thursday. They were voted slight favorites to win the conference.

The players have heard this one before.

"I don't think any of that really matters to us right now,” linebacker Cameron Smith said.

Is this the year that post-Carroll USC, which opens training camp Saturday, finally lives up the hype?

An attitude shift evident Thursday in a ballroom at the Hollywood & Highland Center offered hope, or at least another tease.

The tumultuous Trojans were … calm. Almost boring. Coach Clay Helton sedately handled questions ranging from the status of USC’s inexperienced offensive line to the release of O.J. Simpson. (The former USC star, recently granted parole from a robbery sentence, won’t be welcome at a practice, Helton said.)

Helton’s steadiness, players say, has shielded them from dreaming prematurely of championships.

In an opposite corner of the room, Smith and quarterback Sam Darnold furrowed brows and spoke earnestly.

"Right now we're just focused on training camp and Western Michigan,” Darnold said of the opening opponent. “But at the same time I think expectations that anyone from the outside has of us, I think our expectations are always going to be higher."
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Two ways to look at this.

(1) Young guys are bad asses like we'd hoped, and the D will be fierce.

(2) Brownsocks and his band of merry faggots still suck and this year will be last year, where USC buttfucks us. Again.
    Numbah Wahn.

Defense is always ahead of offense early in season.
  • Options

Swaye said:

(2) Brownsocks and his band of merry faggots still suck and this year will be last year, where USC buttfucks us. Again.
    Numbah Wahn.

Not to mention that the defense did this last year as well ... spoke more to the quality of the D than the ineptitude of the O
  • Options
    @RaceBannon that doesn't mean that I buy it
  • Options

Tequilla said:

It's coach speak but it is coach speak that mirrors Petermen. The article is correct in that it is a different attitude that the Kiffin Sark era immediately after Carroll

Not unlike post Sark here
    Helton is no Pete

You think Pete would even address whether OJ was allowed at practice?
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Numbah Wahn.

Not to mention that the defense did this last year as well ... spoke more to the quality of the D than the ineptitude of the O
    It did foreshadow the offense sucking against a good physical defense. But all in all I prefer the defense to be ahead of the offense
    No question the offense isn't dropping 40 in those games ...

But our defense is definitely good enough to win games 17-13 ... 20-17 ... etc
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It's coach speak but it is coach speak that mirrors Petermen. The article is correct in that it is a different attitude that the Kiffin Sark era immediately after Carroll

Helton is no Pete

This response is as baffling as an IM zone.

Helton was asked. If OJ was an UW alum and Heisman winner Petermen would have had to say he's not welcome on campus same as Clay

Helton is 1-0 so far against Petermen
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Numbah Wahn.

It did foreshadow the offense sucking against a good physical defense. But all in all I prefer the defense to be ahead of the offense
    No question the offense isn't dropping 40 in those games ...

But our defense is definitely good enough to win games 17-13 ... 20-17 ... etc
    It is. Petermen and Smith need to play a little more not to lose on offense in that type of game. Pick 6s and safeties suck hard when its tight
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Yes.

foxsports.com/college-football/story/oj-simpson-made-in-america-usc-trojans-2002-orange-bowl-practice-061416