Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,946
    "No Pac-12 program comes close to matching the Trojans in terms of tradition."

Ouch! 'comes close'? Not even 'comes close'? I thought you? were the favored #2. That must've hurt. Combined with the thinly-veiled academis dig about Warshington, this Rittenberg needs to be taken out to the woodshed.

How did this dumb fuck ever get into Northwestern?

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

Ouch! 'comes close'? Not even 'comes close'? I thought you? were the favored #2. That must've hurt. Combined with the thinly-veiled academis dig about Warshington, this Rittenberg needs to be taken out to the woodshed.

You can be #2 without coming close. Its like being 3 in the B1G or 2 in the SEC. UF, UT, Auburn and the like all think they are on Bama's heels but they aren't.

The Mount Rushmore of college ball is ND, Bama, Ohio State, and USC

Nobody is close including Michigan which is UW with better PR
    Um, no.

In terms of history, UW is closer to UO than UM:

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,942 Founders Club

You can be #2 without coming close. Its like being 3 in the B1G or 2 in the SEC. UF, UT, Auburn and the like all think they are on Bama's heels but they aren't.

Basically, we're UCLA with a modern era .5 natty (fuck 1954 as that was too long ago). At classy Nebraska or Cal in '91 might have been the 2 most important games in our program's history towards maintaining our legitimate claim on the mythical, however distant, #2 spot. Winning NT's when the stars align matter.

ND is flirting with removal from Mt Rushmore in IMHO.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,942 Founders Club
    What do these guys have in common?

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Quooks gonna quook

Quooks gonna quook

I could have put ASU or UCLA, probably. I'm just more familiar with Oregon.
    I put UCLA 2nd. UO ad ASU aren't in the convo

I put UCLA 2nd. UO ad ASU aren't in the convo

Generally agree.

Cal could probably get a lifetime achievement award, but opinions vary about whether they actually played football before 1994

AZDuck said:

Um, no.

Anything stand out to you with these numbers?

1901, 1902, 1903, 1904, 1918, 1923, 1932, 1933, 1947, 1948, 1997
    To be fair, or something, the same could have been said about Alabama before Nick got there, and yet, they were still on Mount Rushmore, with little debate. A lot of schools have titles that are fuzzy, or questionable. That's the nature of ancient history, and that's why I love me some

CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We? don't go back to territorial states scheduling for our? titles baby. From an historical standpoint, they all happened last week.
    Bama won titles in every decade except the 80's but still
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,946

AZDuck said:

Um, no.

To be fair, or something, the same could have been said about Alabama before Nick got there, and yet, they were still on Mount Rushmore, with little debate. A lot of schools have titles that are fuzzy, or questionable. That's the nature of ancient history, and that's why I love me some

CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We? don't go back to territorial states scheduling for our? titles baby. From an historical standpoint, they all happened last week.
    I take it back. But still,

You did forget Oklahoma.

AZDuck said:

Um, no.

CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take it back. But still,

You did forget Oklahoma.
    If ND gets bumped Oklahoma is tanned rested and ready