Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why Dawgman is losing and we are winning

chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
edited October 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
(deserves its own thread because, fuck it, I wrote like 100 paragraphs).

I agree that most probably don't post, hence my 20% estimate. Honestly, there is just no way they have 4,000+ subscribers. People don't forget about a monthly fee. Maybe for a month or two, but I just don't think there are hundreds of people who see $12 for Doogman on their credit card statement and just let it slide.

There are <50 regular posters over there. And about 15 of those generate 99% of the content. During super sexy chat time, they rarely - very rarely - crack 300 (this according to the two years when I was a member). People signing up for a recruiting website make it a priority to get into things like super undercover info chat sessions. But, even if we are being conservative and saying that 80% of users don't check out the chats or ever post, we're still talking far less than 2,000 subscribers overall.

All of this is, of course, speculation. But what isn't speculation, as I pointed out, is that Eklund has another job and Kim, for a long time, had another gig. If this thing was printing money, they wouldn't need to supplement their income. Or do other money grabs like a signing day party in fucking Kirkland.

And the best part is they fucking know the business they've built is fragile and barely getting by. Thriving business are not terrified of competitors. And Doogman is scared shitless of little sites like ours. I've never seen a message board where links to similar types of sites are deleted (and prohibited in the rules!). Just a mention of hardcorehusky will get you a "time out."

Kim knows he doesn't know shit about football. Other sites are breaking down plays, producing high quality videos, educating their viewers (eg California Golden Blogs does a great breakdown of key plays after every game).

Kim, Eklund, Fetters -- they are totally incapable of adding insight or thoughtfulness to their coverage. All they do is regurgitate. Literally. Their content is a video of a press conference. Or a transcription of Sark's radio show! It's pathetic. I bet they don't even know HOW to edit video.

All of this is to say their only competitive advantage is that they cornered the market. And, for some reason, no credible or competent (hi Ruth!) competitors ever challenged their dominance. That's it. And that's why they're so scared of us.

/rant

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    edited October 2013
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866

(deserves its own thread because, fuck it, I wrote like 100 paragraphs).

I agree that most probably don't post, hence my 20% estimate. Honestly, there is just no way they have 4,000+ subscribers. People don't forget about a monthly fee. Maybe for a month or two, but I just don't think there are hundreds of people who see $12 for Doogman on their credit card statement and just let it slide.

There are <50 regular posters over there. And about 15 of those generate 99% of the content. During super sexy chat time, they rarely - very rarely - crack 300 (this according to the two years when I was a member). People signing up for a recruiting website make it a priority to get into things like super undercover info chat sessions. But, even if we are being conservative and saying that 80% of users don't check out the chats or ever post, we're still talking far less than 2,000 subscribers overall.

All of this is, of course, speculation. <b>But what isn't speculation, as I pointed out, is that Eklund has another job and Kim, for a long time, had another gig. If this thing was printing money, they wouldn't need to supplement their income. Or do other money grabs like a signing day party in fucking Kirkland.

And the best part is they fucking know the business they've built is fragile and barely getting by. Thriving business are not terrified of competitors. And Doogman is scared shitless of little sites like ours. I've never seen a message board where links to similar types of sites are deleted (and prohibited in the rules!). Just a mention of hardcorehusky will get you a "time out."

Kim knows he doesn't know shit about football. Other sites are breaking down plays, producing high quality videos, educating their viewers (eg California Golden Blogs does a great breakdown of key plays after every game).

Kim, Eklund, Fetters -- they are totally incapable of adding insight or thoughtfulness to their coverage. All they do is regurgitate. Literally. Their content is a video of a press conference. Or a transcription of Sark's radio show! It's pathetic. I bet they don't even know HOW to edit video.

All of this is to say their only competitive advantage is that they cornered the market. And, for some reason, no credible or competent (hi Ruth!) competitors ever challenged their dominance. That's it. And that's why they're so scared of us.

/rant

You have no idea the damage 3F's food budget has done.

• Great post reminds me of this one from a few years back.

Author: SenatorMcCarthy
    Date: 05/19/2010 07:29AM

Kicked to the curb without a note.

We're winning.

If you have to ban people and throw them out in order to promote the idea that Woody isn't an idiot, you've lost.

I like to have the largest Husky site on the web with the most active boards and the largest paying membership and obsess over a backwater dime store message board filled with malcontents and lemon party enthusiasts.

That's what I like to do
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    Two thoughts:

A. Kim absolutely thinks he knows a ton about football.
    B. Our site isn't so little anymore. The numbers since August are impressive. The numbers since the Stanford game are stunning.

• CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,478 Swaye's Wigwam

Two thoughts:

Response: More proof Kim is a fucking moron. He doesn't know a ton about football. He just gloms on to those he thinks does and then tries to use that to pump up his own brand. It's called being a sycophant.

B. Our site isn't so little anymore. The numbers since August are impressive. The numbers since the Stanford game are stunning.

Response: Like I've said before. I'm a fucking oracle.

• Two thoughts:

A couple Q's on point B:

How many unique poasters poast daily?

Roughly how many hits are you getting daily?

TIA
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club

Two thoughts:

A couple Q's on point B:

How many unique poasters poast daily?

Roughly how many hits are you getting daily?

TIA
    At some point, after discussing with the Bored of Investors, we'll dish out some numbers. But I updated @WhiskeyDawg yesterday and he exclaimed "Holy Shit!!"

• unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    I never poasted much over there - but I let them ride my credit card from the late 90s' until about 2008. Realized I hadn't checked the site in years and was still a member. Had to cancel

Called customer service in Bangladesh and finally got everything closed down
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013
    Kim doesn't even watch the games because he is too busy taking shitty pictures. You know he doesn't re watch the games at home either. All he knows about football is what other people he considers experts tell him.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Two thoughts:

Response: More proof Kim is a fucking moron. He doesn't know a ton about football. He just gloms on to those he thinks does and then tries to use that to pump up his own brand. It's called being a sycophant.

Response: Like I've said before. I'm a fucking oracle.

DON'T USE BIG WORDS! FUCK
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Because Sugar is here!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    Mosster47 said:

Here is for me personally. I thought eDuck was/is a complete rip off. However, once I found out you had to call someone to cancel the membership I just didn't want to. So, I waited three years or so until me debit card expired. I know it sounds ridiculous, but that's how much I hate customer service calls in relation to how much $10 a month means to me.

Sure, not everyone is like this, but I know I am. I fucking hate the Huskys and you can all die in a fire, but I've enjoyed this counter culture Race invented far more than the 50 and single crowd on eDuck. I love the Ducks, hate Duck fans. I hate the Husky, love Husky fans. FML.

hryk

• Because Sugar is here!

You are exactly like those Doogman faggots(75K) though.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Because Sugar is here!

I miss the old PLSS, dammit!

• Because Sugar is here!

I miss the old PLSS, dammit!

I never liked him but the old one was at least entertaining and not a fucking Doog.