Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW seeks to make return trip to College Football Playoff, but underrated Stanford may surprise them

1235»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Mosster47 said:

Tequilla said:

Mosster47 said:

Doogs now:

Doogs halfway through the season:

Let me help you out

Elite teams that return almost everyone dont grt worse from year to year. They get better.

If we lost half our starters you might have a point. But we didnt.

I doubt we lose a game next year before Jan
    So your only real offensive threat and the bulk of your defense getting drafted is bringing everyone back? Got it.

Not saying this is a good thing, but Oregon literally is bringing everyone back except for one shit head but that was his own doing. Again, might not be a good thing, but is a true statement.
    Solid research there fucktard

On offense, depending on how you evaluate starters UW is bringing back in the neighborhood of 8 (at minimum) starters and really when you go down the path of all material guys in our 2 deeps the only guys we're losing are Ross, Eldrenkamp, and Daniels.

Defensively, we lose Qualls, PSALM (LOL), Mathis, Budda, King, and Jones. So in theory, we lose a lot. Qualls won't be missed with the existing DL rotation of Gaines/Vea returning and Jaylen Johnson more than capable of filling in (plus additional depth coming up). PSALM isn't a loss at all. Mathis missed half of last year to begin with. The secondary may be a bigger issue but Jordan Miller just needs an opportunity. Byron Murphy would have probably started as a true freshman for at least half of the Pac12 teams. Molden will be special.

That's what developing your players and having depth does for a program. Programs carry on versus stepping back. That's where UW is at.
    You think. You haven't had two good consecutive seasons in decades.

LIPO
    I'll gladly accept any bet you want on UW having a "good" season this year
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,073
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I'll pay money for a disable quote feature. Jesus.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

haie said:

Doogs now:

Doogs halfway through the season:

Let me help you out

Elite teams that return almost everyone dont grt worse from year to year. They get better.

If we lost half our starters you might have a point. But we didnt.

I doubt we lose a game next year before Jan
    Let me help you out

UW is not elite

Hope that helped

The program is not elite

But the 2016 team that finished #4 and went to the playoff was elite

And that team returns almost everyone

Get it Sven and OBK you fucking window lickers?
    The 2016 Huskies had wins over Colorado and Washington State. Wow.

They weren't even close to elite by national standards.

Stanford and Utah were good wins as well.

So what teams besides Bama, Clemson, and USC were better than Washington at the end of the year, genius?

SC gave up a million points to Pedo, lost to Utah with Darnold, and lost to a Burns led Stanford. Beating UW on the road is all they accomplished.

Are you really trying to say UW was better than USC at the end of the year?
    I would say they were better than UW if they wouldn't have been porous against a mediocre B1G team.

The UW game was a revenge and season-saving game for them. I don't recall their defense being that good before or after that game. Then they went back to being their old lazy front-running selves. It just didn't bite them in the ass the same way the Utah game did.
    Penn State won the Big 10. I think UW was better than them, but they were pretty good
    Penn St was worthy of the playoff at end of year because of their QB. UW was not because of theirs. The rose bowl displayed the 2 best qb's at end of year. No debate.
    Penn St's QB chucks it deep and hopes he gets lucky ...

DeShaun Watson says hello fucktard
    Watson struggled mightily early in the year. Came up big late but try watching a game or 2. Best RETURNING college qb's i saw were in the rose bowl. Try that you ignorant fuck. McSorley is a winner. Puts team on back. He and Darnold are flamethrowing tyrants. Win at all cost guys with moxy, guts. Clearly evident.

Watson a winner thats clear, but he runs too to make plays. Couldnt win with just his arm in pocket. These kids are NFL pocket qbs. Get your shit straight b4 you come at pump you blind motherfucker...whoever im responding to
    Watson may have forced a few things but I'm not sure he ever "struggled" ... putting your team on your back to win a National Championship ... not too bad

Way to add the RETURNING moniker at the end of the year ... McSorely still isn't even in the Top 2 of that as I would take both Baker Mayfield and Mason Rudolph over McSorely ... and that's not even getting to a healthy Brownsocks

Pick on easier targets Puppy ... I know that you are a little bent out of shape as of late with how much Franny's been humiliating you ... but fight the battles that you can win ... and you ain't beating me
    Clemson was nearly a 2-loss team Tequila, early in the year, becsuse Watson specifically struggled. Fuck Tequila, pup watches football all weekend, every weekend. Not the one game you happen to catch after you slave to your wife mowing the boxed yard, washing her chevy volt, cleaning her gutters, her fridge , her bathroom, her cunt. Youre killing me Dude. (And i used to like you)
    Doogs love hypotheticals and hate winners
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Pay for sigs instead
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,696
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

We done here?
  • Options

We done here?
    Simple fact.
    Case closed.
    End of discussion.