Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Today when Sark was asked if was concerned with the O-Line

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
Nah. I can do a better job of protecting those guys. We didn’t run the ball enough, we didn’t run the ball enough in the second quarter when we could have kind of slowed the game down, in a sense, and regrouped and get into halftime potentially down one score in a tight game. I don’t know if it was my frustration level of having too much belief in our ability to go out there and do it — and to Arizona State’s credit they were playing maybe a little better than I gave them credit for. They put us behind the chains and put us in some long-yardage situations that we didn’t handle great. For whatever reason — again, I go back and when I grade the film and I assess the film and the ball game, I look at myself first and how I managed the game as a head coach. I look at how I called the game as the play caller on offense, and in the middle to late second quarter I could have done a better job of keeping that game into a one or two-score game, gotten in the locker, regrouped and then come out the second half playing the way I know we’re capable of playing. I stayed aggressive and tried to throw it down the field and they pressed the pocket on us and got sacks and got penalties, holding penalties and second-and-longs, third-and-longs, and we were punting out of our own end zone a couple of times and they get great field position and it started to steamroll on us. So I’ve got to do a better job.

El.Oh.El.

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    tl;dr version: nah
  • I hate how he always claims after a tough loss "I should have ran the ball more" yet never learns from his fucking mistake.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Absolutely sickening! Why can't our head football coach learn to stifle it and keep such lame excuses to himself with something like: "ASU's defense was well prepared and stopped everything we tried on offense. We had no answer for their aggressive defensive front,...... and will study the film to see what's needed in preparing for CAL." A smart coach who doesn't suffer from the diarrhea of the mouth that Sark has can provide many variations of this simple answer to stupid media questions.

Although I watched the first half and a portion of the third quarter on TV which doesn't cover much more than a third of what's happening on the field (live without replay), it seemed obvious that the Sun Devil defensive front (DL+LB's) almost completely stuffed Sark's running and passing attack. This was obvious from the ten straight three-and-outs racked up in the desert by the Husky offense. Sankey could get nowhere on the ground between the tackles and KP was under constant sack pressure whether in a collapsing pocket or trying a desperation scramble or roll-out. Receivers on the outside, especially KW, were double covered and nobody was getting open (again) between the hash marks. The TE's including ASJ looked potent in the first possession and drive to a TD and then disappeared.

So what is wrong that's put Sark in denial with the media? Time will tell for certain perhaps, but it appears for now that the better defensive coaches in the conference have figured out that Sark's no-huddle, hurry-up spread offense can be stopped by attacking it's obvious weakness,...... the Husky interior offensive line. I watch the line a lot, even on TV which is a bit difficult with the camera moving on the snap to follow the ball. Still, I thought I could see some of the weakness exposed in the second half by Oregon and I believe ASU saw the same and took full advantage. It was at times just about the worse OL performance I can recall seeing. Too many times, there was one or two Husky linemen looking for somebody to block while two or three Sun Devils ganging up to stuff Sankey or forcing KP into throwing the ball away or into a sack.

Of course, there was no adjustment at halftime to save our OL at Tempe and thus I suspect it's back to the drawing board for Sark's new offense after being creamed and not enough of a factor the past two Saturdays. Let us hope that while Sark's Huskies try to work their way out of the usual mid-season slump, Cal's defense hasn't improved enough to take advantage.
  • How many times do we have to hear Sark admit he is a fuck up before the AD says, "you're right, get the fuck out?"

We can make an argument for Sark's firing by just using all his quotes over the years. He is constantly reminding everyone how he is a shitty coach yet these fucking idiots don't seem to get it.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    This man is such a bumbling idiot
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,490
    The more he opens his mouth, the more he digs his grave. He needs to shut the fuck up. How do I change my handle on this thing?

• The more he opens his mouth, the more he digs his grave. He needs to shut the fuck up. How do I change my handle on this thing?

You create a new handle.........
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

The more he opens his mouth, the more he digs his grave. He needs to shut the fuck up. How do I change my handle on this thing?

Just do what IMALOSER does and make a new one.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Just do what Your_Mom does and make a new one.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    There is a metric shitload of AWESOME in this thread.

• DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    I really wish somebody could force Sark to read every thread in this piece of shit.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,132 Founders Club

How many times do we have to hear Sark admit he is a fuck up before the AD says, "you're right, get the fuck out?"

We can make an argument for Sark's firing by just using all his quotes over the years. He is constantly reminding everyone how he is a shitty coach yet these fucking idiots don't seem to get it.
    This sounds like an interesting project.

• AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774

This man is such a bumbling idiot

THIS.

At the start of the season we were told that that the key to our success this year would be playing fast and then even faster. Seven games in, Sark says we lost because we we didn't slow the game down enough.

So, here we are in year 5 and Sark publicly acknowledges that he still hasn't figured out what it is he wants to do ON OFFENSE, his purported area of expertise. This alone should be enough to convince anyone who matters that the guy doesn't have a clue and more importantly, a plan.
    Sadly, its probably not.

If Sark's here next year, its a near certainty that we'll have some new offensive philosophy which Sark will stick with through the annual cupcake nonconference schedule, Doog circle jerk, and brief appearance in the top-25 but will abandon following the annual three-game losing streak and road-plungering. This is not what winning coaches do. Time to pull the plug.