Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coaches: Doog Legends & Fucktards on the Hot Seat

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
edited July 2017 in College Football Forum
ESPN Coaches (Yes, Butt Pirates, ESPN is my source.) on the Hot Seat. Four familiar names:

@Pitchfork51 's Butt Hero, DickRod, Jimmy, and Dark Sark (El Oh Lohl)

Todd Graham, Arizona State: Graham has talked big since arriving in Tempe, not just about winning the Pac-12 South, but also contending for national titles. He got to 10 wins in 2013 and 2014, but with high expectations the past two years, is now coming off consecutive losing seasons. Arizona State faces my No. 10 toughest schedule, and the Sun Devils need to make a bowl this year.

Jim Mora, UCLA: Last year, I would've had Mora in the safe zone after opening up 29-11 his first three seasons and dipping only a little in 2015 to 8-5. Granted, he lost his star quarterback, Josh Rosen, last season during the sixth game, and the Bruins had three net close losses. But a 4-8 finish has folks wondering about the shape of the program. Mora beat USC his first three years but has lost the last two by 19 and 22 points, respectively, and USC is back to national prominence. Mora needs at least seven or eight wins.

Rich Rodriguez, Arizona: DickRic-Rod got the Wildcats to a bowl game each of his first four years. Arizona won the Pac-12 South in 2014, finishing 10-2. Including that Pac-12 title game appearance, though, the Wildcats are just 10-17 overall and 4-15 in conference play since. Last year, they lost their Pac-12 games by an average of 26.4 points per game. Rodriguez's athletic director, Greg Byrne, left for Alabama, so I think he needs to get Arizona to a bowl game this year. (HIGH FUCING STANDARDS FOR THE CHOCISE SAVIOR)

Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M: Sumlin opened with a bang at 11-2 his inaugural year in 2012, even knocking off top-ranked Alabama. The past four years, Sumlin has teased Aggies fans by taking TAMU to No. 7, No. 6, No. 9 and No. 6 at various points in the season. They finished just No. 18 in 2013 and have finished unranked the past three years. A&M's athletic director has said that Sumlin needs to win this year, and I don't think he means seven or eight victories.

DISCUSS!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    edited July 2017
    Graham can figure it out or gtfo.
    He did get a fucking dc finally which I like but I really hate hating watching football so whatever.

Mora is an idiot. Stay. A 7-6 season with a win over sc would be great. I need that to happen.

Rich rod can stay. Forever.

Sumlin. I think we already know how this one plays out.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I work out with a guy who played at UCLA when Skippy was QB there, and whose kid played for Graham at ASU a few years ago. He's maintained for years that Graham is all smoke and mirrors, and at some poont the ASU Powers That Be will realize that he's just an all-around shit coach.

I really want to like Mora, but 4-8 for any reason at UCLA is pretty damning.

IDGAFARROKS
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sumlin is done. Pool boy has a made that clear. Hopefully UCLA wins just enough to not fire Mora
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605

Graham is done. Didn't he proclaim that last years team was the best he has ever had? The guys looks like he has no idea what the hell he is doing... which is why I think it was effective for a couple of years until others caught on.

Mora is a loser, that's all he does. UCLA are a bunch of losers though so it is a good fit.

The only memorable thing Rich Rod has done at Zona (I like to call them "Zona") is shove spiked dildo up Helfrich's ass twice.

I think that was two years ago.

And I agree. Him trying to be the DC was idiotic. Well see how it goes with him not being the dc this season.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The only memorable thing Rich Rod has done at Zona (I like to call them "Zona") is shove spiked dildo up Helfrich's ass twice.

Nobody but us Bear fans remembers it, but his 2014 team scored 36 poonts in the 4th quarter to beat Cal 49-45.
  • Options
    BearsWiin said:

I work out with a guy who played at UCLA when Skippy was QB there, and whose kid played for Graham at ASU a few years ago. He's maintained for years that Graham is all smoke and mirrors, and at some poont the ASU Powers That Be will realize that he's just an all-around shit coach.

I really want to like Mora, but 4-8 for any reason at UCLA is pretty damning.

IDGAFARROKS

I love Jimmy Mora. That 4-8 record is a blip. Another highly ranked recruiting class should have the Bruins pointed in the right direction. Patience: think Rich Brooks (good things take time) only better.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,239
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    doogville said:

Year 6 of Jim mora jr and the expectation is 7 wins. Lol.

Also, 6 years. Holy shit.

It's UCLA .... a basketball school
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Graham is done. Didn't he proclaim that last years team was the best he has ever had? The guys looks like he has no idea what the hell he is doing... which is why I think it was effective for a couple of years until others caught on.

Mora is a loser, that's all he does. UCLA are a bunch of losers though so it is a good fit.

I think that was two years ago.

And I agree. Him trying to be the DC was idiotic. Well see how it goes with him not being the dc this season.
    Graham says that every year.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mora is horrible. I've never seen a school have as bad of QB's as Rick had at UCLA. Price, Breheuit, whoever else... They were all horrible.

Mora inherited Hundley, brought a little toughness (very undisciplined though) and they became a 9 win team.

He's a douchebag though and eventually that filtered into the program. His first few recruiting classes were highly ranked yet the program has gotten steadily worse.

He's a loser who was never good. I think he might be the worst coach in the conference.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mora is horrible. I've never seen a school have as bad of QB's as Rick had at UCLA. Price, Breheuit, whoever else... They were all horrible.

Mora inherited Hundley, brought a little toughness (very undisciplined though) and they became a 9 win team.

He's a douchebag though and eventually that filtered into the program. His first few recruiting classes were highly ranked yet the program has gotten steadily worse.

He's a loser who was never good. I think he might be the worst coach in the conference.

I think it's super hard to win at UCLA. They get talent, but you need a winning culture from fans, alumni, former players, boosters, and coaches. Nothing associated with UCLA football is a winner. The same can be said for UA, ASU, and Cal.

It can all change with the right hire, but those schools would have to catch lightning in a bottle for that to happen.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Mosster47 said:

I think it's super hard to win at UCLA: They get talent but need a winning culture from fans, alumni, former players, boosters, and their head coach

Nothing associated with UCLA football is a winner. The same can be said for UA, ASU, and Cal.

It can all change with the right hire, but those schools would have to catch lightning in a bottle for that to happen.
    Players play. Coaches coach. Winners...Losers...
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Graham can figure it out or gtfo.
    He did get a fucking dc finally which I like but I really hate hating watching football so whatever.

Mora is an idiot. Stay. A 7-6 season with a win over sc would be great. I need that to happen.

Rich rod can stay. Forever.

Sumlin. I think we already know how this one plays out.

He takes his dream job at Texas after his buddy gets blown out on the tarmac in Stillwater?
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Mosster47 said:

I think it's super hard to win at UCLA. They get talent, but you need a winning culture from fans, alumni, former players, boosters, and coaches. Nothing associated with UCLA football is a winner. The same can be said for UA, ASU, and Cal.

A+ troll.