Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anyone else hate money and going to the Stanford game?

Venturing over from Bellevue for this one, just booked my flight the other day. Any place around the stadium to get a good steak? Coldest beer?

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I know you are being sarcastic but the game is in Seattle!!1!!!
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'll probably go. Enjoyed my trip last year to the Bay Area other than the whole puking my guts out on the 1 and almost dying climbing to the stadium in Berkeley.

you drove 1 all the way from LA to SF?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,086
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I'll probably go. Enjoyed my trip last year to the Bay Area other than the whole puking my guts out on the 1 and almost dying climbing to the stadium in Berkeley.

Old people problems.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

A nice drive up the coast with off season ocean front rooms
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Cut back on the smoke and go edibles for a month or so before to give yourself some lung capacity.

#helpfulhints
    I love this bored.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

we Ubered up Hearst Ave up to the top.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Meek said:

I guess when you're retired you can take 4 days to drive the coast...those of us who are still in the workforce age group use the 6 hour route.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

Meek said:

I guess when you're the owner you can take 4 days to drive the coast...those of us who are still in the workforce age group use the 6 hour route.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Saracen said:

Cool story bro time:

I went to the last Stanford game (the J SmithFS, KJCS getting taken behind the shed one) and pre-game decided on a few beverages at The Old Pro. A good 60-70% 81% there were Husky fans. The place was pretty big, one of the more popular sports bars near campus, and even though it's a bar they serve food so it's family friendly (kids allowed) and plenty of UW fans had theirs in tow. And at one point, I shit you not, this very guy:

Goes halfway up this staircase that's in the place and starts a call and response cheer something along the lines of -
    "Gimme a H" (crowd) "H" "Gimme a U" (crowd) "U ""Gimme a S" (crowd) "S" "Gimme a K" (crowd) "K" "Gimme a I" (crowd) "I" "Gimme a E" (crowd) "E" "Gimme a S" (crowd) "S"

(Guy) "What's that spell?"
    (crowd) "Huskies!!!"

(Guy) "Who's the best team in the Pac?"
    (crowd, getting fired up) "Huskies!!!!!!!"

(Guy) "Who's gonna piss on some trees tonight?"
    (crowd, slightly less enthusiastically) "Huskies"

(Guy) "Who's gonna eat bald pussy tonight?"
    crowd - stunned silence (except for me, who's cackling with laughter and wondering what the guy's handle is on this bored)

Chinned for old pro reference.
  • Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Come tailgate with us, I'll be in the parking lot holding a sign for RAPECULTUREDAWG.

I'll keep an eye out for it.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Altitude sickness?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Saracen said:

Cool story bro time:

I went to the last Stanford game (the J SmithFS, KJCS getting taken behind the shed one) and pre-game decided on a few beverages at The Old Pro. A good 60-70% 81% there were Husky fans. The place was pretty big, one of the more popular sports bars near campus, and even though it's a bar they serve food so it's family friendly (kids allowed) and plenty of UW fans had theirs in tow. And at one point, I shit you not, this very guy:

Goes halfway up this staircase that's in the place and starts a call and response cheer something along the lines of -
    "Gimme a H" (crowd) "H" "Gimme a U" (crowd) "U ""Gimme a S" (crowd) "S" "Gimme a K" (crowd) "K" "Gimme a I" (crowd) "I" "Gimme a E" (crowd) "E" "Gimme a S" (crowd) "S"

(Guy) "What's that spell?"
    (crowd) "Huskies!!!"

(Guy) "Who's the best team in the Pac?"
    (crowd, getting fired up) "Huskies!!!!!!!"

(Guy) "Who's gonna piss on some trees tonight?"
    (crowd, slightly less enthusiastically) "Huskies"

(Guy) "Who's gonna eat bald pussy tonight?"
    crowd - stunned silence (except for me, who's cackling with laughter and wondering what the guy's handle is on this bored)

A buddy of mine - used to have seats by him for years. A great guy.

I will 81% likely be there
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    edited June 2017
    If I lived as close as LA, I'd make the drive for sure

The scene this GIF is from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ub4EQJ__pk
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,764
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    "We Beat Idaho" fucking lol