Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Duckfighter Illustrated: Death of a Legend Special Edition

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited October 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageDuckfighter Illustrated: Death of a Legend Special Edition

While Husky Nation mourns the passing of legendary coach Don James, Race Bannon reflects on a special era before giving his raw thoughts on other aspects of the UW and James' legacy.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jrjarrell4jrjarrell4 Member Posts: 71
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    THIS is your best effort #RIPDawgfather #RIPHuskyFootball
  • Options
    Agree good piece! It's sad how the school did everything in their power to distance themselves from James.

Good point how the most hated coach since James is the only guy who fucking won. Our fans are fucking dipshit idiots!
  • Options
    Thanks for this, Race.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Thanks to Harvey Road for his classy take on Husky Football (RIP) and Coach James (RIP).
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

Well said, Race.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Not your best effort.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I remember the feeling as a teenager of "who??" when I heard Don James was hired. Some guy from Kent State.... oh well.... then suddenly the Rose Bowl victory. Today is a sad day for football in this region.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Your best effort.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Thanks to Harvey Road for his classy take on Husky Football (RIP) and Coach James (RIP).

Harvey road isn't relevant. Stop sucking his cock.

• Options
    loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    A sincere kudos Race. This was spot on.
  • Options

Damone is right on this. I don't hate Harv but he's been banned for a while. This forum has done pretty well since his banning.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Why do you hate Sarkasm?
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I turned to my wife and said, thank God in several years we will have Ty Willingham here to lead these fine young men to an 0-12 record.

Never gets old ...
  • Options
    It really pisses me off when Sark was saying he plans to be better than James and running his mouth even though he's never had a season where he hasn't lost 4+ conference games.

I don't recall James running his mouth ever, while Sark is always running his mouth.

I'd say Sark more than any coach we've had since him is the exact opposite of what James was.

At least Rick won a Rose Bowl.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It really pisses me off when Sark was saying he plans to be better than James and running his mouth even though he's never had a season where he hasn't lost 4+ conference games.

I don't recall James running his mouth ever, while Sark is always running his mouth.

I'd say Sark more than any coach we've had since him is the exact opposite of what James was.

At least Rick won a Rose Bowl.

We've been saying it for awhile. Sark is a politician. He loves being buds with Herbie and being called one of the best playcallers in the country. He wants to win, but it doesn't consume him like it does to the great coaches. From everything that I have seen and heard, all Don James cared about winning games and having a program that everyone else involved with college football respected. He didn't care about being the media's buddy, he didn't care about kick ass pressers, or FREE PUB!!11!. He cared about working hard and winning games. "This is why, when Sports Illustrated named the three best college coaches in the country one fall, the magazine's list was: No. 1, Don James; No. 2, Don James; No. 3, Don James."

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Very sad day for me, on many levels. Of course I am upset with Coach's passing. He brought me and many others a great deal of excitement, and wonderful memories. His passing really makes it hit home just how shitty we are, and how we really have a total lack of commitment to keep that level of winning, or anything approaching it really. I don't think we will ever see a winner like him prowl our sidelines again. I just do not believe that the UW has the institutional will to make it happen, and I do not believe our fanbase are the types to demand it.

Wars over, we lost. RIP Coach. Sorry the elite national program you built has been allowed to whither and die, and that there are not enough fans as committed to winning as you were to demand otherwise.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,574
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Solid read, it's tweeted, e-mailed and Facebooked
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,318
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

If the field isn't renamed to Don James Field this Saturday, Woodward should be dumped into the Montlake Cut with cement shoes.

If the field is renamed to Don James Field this Saturday, Woodward should still be dumped into the Montlake Cut with cement shoes.

Either way it will be interesting.

It would be more interesting if he were doused in gasoline and a match was lit first.