Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Seriously, why does everyone hate Jim Harbaugh?

WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
All the guy does is goes out and wins as a coach.

I consider him to be in the Ditka coaching tree.

Comments

• Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    His turnaround at Stanford was nothing short of miraculous. We here all know that the 2008 huskies roster had WAY more talent than the 2006 Stanford roster. At the end of 2010 Stanford may have been the best team in the country. They crushed everyone the last half of the season.

Then he almost takes a mediocre 49ers squad to the SB in his first year? The guy is clearly the best football coach in the world today. And go read Paul Wulff's comments about working for him.
  • Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Same reason people hate Kelley. Jealousy. Wish Harbaugh had coached the Dawgs and Seahawks. (Although Big Balls Pete may have swayed me this year). He really is a once in a generation coach. So he's an asshole. So fucking what. He's a winner. Patton McCarther and Franks were assholes too.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,964
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Technically it's his second year at SF, but your point is well taken. Personally, I love the guy and also don't understand all the hate. Race Bannon once said, "America hates a winner", and maybe that applies here.
  • Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I've worked for effective assholes my whole career in the Army. If the got the job done without sacrificing their people no issue. If you're an asshole and ineffective DIAF.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Same reason people love sark. They hate a winner and embrace joe mediocrity. Sark isn't a threat.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Harbaugh won too quickly and didn't bleed Cardinal.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Harbaugh won too quickly and didn't bleed Cardinal.

What about building a program via incremental progress so that the success can sustain itself for the long haul?

• Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Four years of 7-6 = incremental progress but hey at least there's a new stadium.
  • Options
    WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

Technically it's his second year at SF, but your point is well taken. Personally, I love the guy and also don't understand all the hate. Race Bannon once said, "America hates a winner", and maybe that applies here.

I think AC was refering to the the 2011 season when the Niners (I like to call 'em that) went to the NFC Championship game and lost to the Giants.

• Options
    Founders Club

I think AC was refering to the the 2011 season when the Niners (I like to call 'em that) went to the NFC Championship game and lost to the Giants.

You're right, I skimmed that too quickly.
  • Options

I think he was referring to the fact that last year when it was Harbaugh's first year, the 49ers were a muffed punt away from going to the Super Bowl and so he did turn them around instantly.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    meek said:

I think he was referring to the fact that last year when it was Harbaugh's first year, the 49ers were a muffed punt away from going to the Super Bowl and so he did turn them around instantly.
    You're right, I skimmed that too quickly.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I think AC was referring to the 2011 season when the Niners still had to face Finland in the Gold Medal Match.
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    section8 said:

Four years of 7-6 = incremental progress but hey at least there's a new stadium.

You must want fools gold then?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,825
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The guy is comes off as a total asshole and acts like a whiney little bitch every time a call goes against him, even really obvious ones. You can be an asshole coach but turn it off at the right time, but he doesn't do that. It rubs people the wrong way. Plus, apparently the Niners are the big Seahawk rival now. I don't know who came up with it, probably the white trash twenty somethings that go to every game in a stupor.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

The guy is comes off as a total asshole and acts like a whiney little bitch every time a call goes against him, even really obvious ones. You can be an asshole coach but turn it off at the right time, but he doesn't do that. It rubs people the wrong way. Plus, apparently the Niners are the big Seahawk rival now. I don't know who came up with it, probably the white trash twenty somethings that go to every game in a stupor.

He wins.

Mother fucker can be a total asshole and act like a whiney lil bitch all he wants ... he's earned the right.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Harbaugh's teams never do The Lawnmower
  • Options
    BlackMickBlackMick Member Posts: 14
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    topdawgnc said:

He wins.

Mother fucker can be a total asshole and act like a whiney lil bitch all he wants ... he's earned the right.

This ^