Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

30 for 30. Lakers/Celtics

PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Damn.

Magic, Bird, Red, Russell, West.

But most impressive - the fine ass Dr. Buss pulled.

Flagging myself.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Those teams wouldn't even make the playoffs in today's NBA.

LOL
  • Options

Fuuuuuuuck.

Edibles or vape last night?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Fuuuuuuuck.

Why are you giving me this question?
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Fuuuuuuuck.

The only logical conclusion for such an absurd notion.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

ISAFNRC...
    They were so racially confused they thought one of their three token black guys was Chindian.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,935
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

ISAFNRC...
    They were so racially confused they thought one of their three token black guys was Chindian.
    When YellowSnow was a young lad growing up in So Cal (some people like to call is So Cal), I loved Showtime and haters the Celtics with such a passion. Now I kind of think the 80's Celtics were pretty tuff...still liked the Lakers better of that era. Now I'm indifferent toward the NBA. Gotta think Bird, McHale, (healthy) Walton could have still been good in today's NBA, but what the fuck do I know.
  • Options
    The Lakers were tougher than many give them credit for ... the Celtics had more flair than many care to remember.

Both are all time elite teams ... it's a shame to not know how the Celtics would have continued forward with Len Bias.

The need to make things about race is too prevalent to me. The Celtics had a bunch of great players ... their skin color was what it was. The Celtics of the 60s were as diverse as anybody in the NBA full of great players. The 17 banners in Boston tells me that they prioritize getting the best players above all else.

• Options
    The only downside to Bird today would be his lack of foot speed - he'd be a PF today but he played both F spots in his era. His shooting would have played easily today and his passing ability likely on greater display with more space.

McHale had the best offensive post game to ever play the game and was more of a mobile defender than most remember. He'd probably be a C in today's game but equally as unstoppable.

An in his prime uninjured Walton was as good as any C in the history of the game - go back and watch the 77 Finals. No question he could play today.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,370
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

The Lakers were tougher than many give them credit for ... the Celtics had more flair than many care to remember.

Both are all time elite teams ... it's a shame to not know how the Celtics would have continued forward with Len Bias.

The need to make things about race is too prevalent to me. The Celtics had a bunch of great players ... their skin color was what it was. The Celtics of the 60s were as diverse as anybody in the NBA full of great players. The 17 banners in Boston tells me that they prioritize getting the best players above all else.

You must have missed the part about the 60's Celtics being second class to the Bruins and the lousy attendance that doubled when Cowens and Havlicheck took over.

If you don't think the Lakers Celtics in the 80's was about race you weren't there.
  • Options
    I saw/heard all of it ...

I'm not talking about the fans ... I'm talking about the organization

I'm well aware of the fact that the 80's rivalry was viewed along racial lines ...

What I'm saying is the organizations were all about getting the best players ...

For myself personally growing up in that era, I never saw race ... what I saw were 2 teams that knew how to win playing a brand of basketball that set up their teammates to be successful ...

It's why my 2 favorite players growing up were Bird/Magic ... I remember being at the 80s game they showed in the movie where Magic hit a running hook to beat the Sonics ...

I didn't know as a kid you weren't allowed to like both North Carolina and Duke ... I just knew that they played together and in a way that was highly successful
  • Options

I always pulled for the Lakers.

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

If you don't think the Lakers Celtics in the 80's was about race you weren't there.
    Race was there. (mind blown).
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fuuuuuuuck.

Because both the Lakers and the Celtics would have been in the playoffs this year.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

Fuuuuuuuck.

Because both the Lakers and the Celtics would have been in the playoffs this year.
    Nope
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No dog in the fight, but one of the finals games between the Lakers and Celtics was on ESPN classic a few days ago and it seriously looked like a JV game.

The way they dribbled, shot, moved was pretty archaic.

Not a hater, but besides magic it was pretty fucking ugly.

It's ok to say those teams would be like the 4th or 5th best in their conference in today's game.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

No dog in the fight, but one of the finals games between the Lakers and Celtics was on ESPN classic a few days ago and it seriously looked like a JV game.

The way they dribbled, shot, moved was pretty archaic.

Not a hater, but besides magic it was pretty fucking ugly.

It's ok to say those teams would be like the 4th or 5th best in their conference in today's game.

The game was different then in terms of style and rules.

Those players are some of the best ever ... thinking they wouldn't adjust to today's style is foolish