Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

BRB, JO material for today

2»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Never understood rowing. Waking up early and training your fucking ass off for...that?

We beat Hitler though so that's pretty cool. More than Bama can say.

I feel that way about any club, D-3, NAIA sport.
    It's a D-1 Varsity Sport at all the schools that "care" about men's rowing- ie all the programs at the IRA regatta. Just not part of the NCAA is the main difference.

Yes, you train a lot for only a brief amount of glory, but there's something that's pretty bad ass and rewarding about imposing you will on other humans. It scratches that comptetive itch.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Never understood rowing. Waking up early and training your fucking ass off for...that?

It's a D-1 Varsity Sport at all the schools that "care" about men's rowing- ie all the programs at the IRA regatta. Just not part of the NCAA is the main difference.

Yes, you train a lot for only a brief amount of glory, but there's something that's pretty bad ass and rewarding about imposing you will on other humans. It scratches that comptetive itch.
    You are imposing your will on a wooden boat
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Fuck fucking fuck fuck. Yale by a bow ball. Washington would have passed them if we just had more time.

Chinned for "bow ball". I wonder if the wife will appreciate my overtures more if I say something like, "how 'bout you get on your knees and I bring the bow ball?"
    Margins of victory in rowing closest to most lopsided:

- a bow ball
    - a seat
    - a deck
    - there or four seats
    - half a length
    - a length
    - open water

Seems like bow ball is really your only viable option here.
    I thought "a taint" was a viable and measurable distance.
    Granted @Swaye you've probably seen a larger sample pool of taints in your lifespan than me, but I suspect there is too much disparity between lengths. I feel that the diameter of a bow ball is going to be less than median taint length.

Your ideas interest me. May I subscribe to your newsletter?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I know, right?

It's so much more meaningful to watch a bunch of dumb fucks who can barely reedstrong knock the shit out of each other trying to track down a leather peanut.

It's so much more understandable thinking about a guy training his ass off, pumping himself full of juice, and basically devoting his life to running fast in a straight line for 9+ seconds for next to no money.

You see - you can make almost anything sound ridiculous.

If you attend, say, Swarthmore College, major in math or econ and want to climb the Goldman Sachs ladder (and, contrary to current noise, that is still a road to riches if you have the juice), I promise you, they will pick an athlete over a non-athlete every fucking time for obvious reasons.

Entertaining you sister fuckers isn't the only reason to play college sports.

Actually, I take that all back. You're right.
    FREE PUB!
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

You are imposing your will on a carbon-fibre reinforced polymer boat
    Fixed.

If the other human is able to impose their will with more power and skill on their boat, you will feel like a big pussy. Trust me on this.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,650
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I know, right?

It's so much more meaningful to watch a bunch of dumb fucks who can barely reedstrong knock the shit out of each other trying to track down a leather peanut.

It's so much more understandable thinking about a guy training his ass off, pumping himself full of juice, and basically devoting his life to running fast in a straight line for 9+ seconds for next to no money.

If you attend, say, Swarthmore College, major in math or econ and want to climb the Goldman Sachs ladder (and, contrary to current noise, that is still a road to riches if you have the juice), I promise you, they will pick an athlete over a non-athlete every fucking time for obvious reasons.

Can we get a couple pics of the sisters before jumping to any conclusions?

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I know, right?

Can we get a couple pics of the sisters before jumping to any conclusions?

Working on it.