Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A Huge Red-Flag No One is Talking About

Right now, 1 guy from this state is committed to UW. At this point during past recruiting years:

2009: 7
2010: 7
2011: 3
2012: 4

The in-state recruits have voted.

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    So what? I hear there's a bumper crop next year. Go for a walk and get some perspective.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    I don't know much about recruiting but I always got the impression that the high school coaches had a pretty big impact on where players go. If that's true they've have fucking voted.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    California 2 stars are greater than wa 2 stars.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,833 Swaye's Wigwam
    The kids think Sark is a dickhead.

Simple fact.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,132 Founders Club

Right now, 1 guy from this state is committed to UW. At this point during past recruiting years:

2009: 7
    2010: 7
    2011: 3
    2012: 4

The in-state recruits have voted.

I think the more important number to look at is how many 3, 4 or 5 star in-state recruits have come to UW under Sark. The above numbers are thrown off a bit with some of the 2-star, late addition type commits.
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    news flash- Budda is going to look good in pink next year.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    There isn't going to be any new coach. Woodward will never fire Sark unless his own job security is in question.
  • Colonel_AngusColonel_Angus Member Posts: 49

There isn't going to be any new coach. Woodward will never fire Sark unless his own job security is in question they stop selling tickets.

It's all about ticket sales - Just ask the Mariners. Someone smarter than me said in another thread that the Huskies are the new Mariners. They are right.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club

There isn't going to be any new coach. Woodward will never fire Sark unless his own job security is in question they stop selling tickets.

It's all about ticket sales - Just ask the Mariners. Someone smarter than me said in another thread that the Huskies are the new Mariners. They are right.

Isn't that largely saying the same thing?
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Sark isn't throwing rides out like recruiting letters. He doesn't have 25 to work with, and this state is Weeeaak with talent this year. Settle down and be patient. Next year is Sarks year
  • Colonel_AngusColonel_Angus Member Posts: 49

Isn't that largely saying the same thing?
    Absolutely - I'm not disagreeing with you at all. Just adding the second layer. And venting my frustration at the Huskies being equated with the Mariners.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Sark isn't throwing rides out like recruiting letters. He doesn't have 25 to work with, and this state is Weeeaak with talent this year. Settle down and be patient. Next year is Sarks year

All the more reason to fire Sark after this season that is already over. Tanking a small recruiting class is the ideal timing.

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    as I mentioned previously, Sark is going nowhere until Woody is gone.

The one glimmering hope I had was that Woody would join Emmert at the NCAA but Emmert has gone and fucked that up for us now.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I don't care if the players come from Jupiter as long as we get the best guys.

I don't care if the players come from Jupiter as long as we get the best guys.

Do they have the interwebs on Jupiter?