Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Need a consolidated update...

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
I can't put all this info together. Where are we at, besides sucking, on OL/DL recruiting? Top targets? Likely pick ups? We got one good DL already correct (Draco or whatever)? Are we fucked from there?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    - we got one guy or two. We fucked from here on in judging by the coaches offering 2020 recruits from Norway.
    - once lake leaves we really fucked ...
    - there will changes to coaching after this season is over ... like last year
    - once Pete gets all the pieces sorted out we can rest easy ... But until then ...

That's about it.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

QB: Set
    WR: Set
    RB: Likely Richard Newton, not a big fan, but whatever. And hopefully add Tre'Shaun Harrison, gonna have to beat out Oregon.
    TE: Likely set with Culp, maybe take on a white TE
    OL: We might get lucky or we might not EWIWBI. I think we lead for Matteo Mele out of AZ (whom I love), but the competition is going to pick up big time on him soon (Oklahoma just offered and others will soon follow). If we could get a class of Mele, Murray, Ale I would be ecstatic. Marco Brewer is another guy that I like, still no offer. Cade Beresford from Woodinville is another guy I am really intrigued by. Both Brewer and Beresford will be dependent on camps.
    DL: Draco is a stud, very happy with him. And if we can add Jackson Cravens and Sam Vakalahi (I think right now we lead for both) that is a really solid DL class (But we didn't even come close on the top two DL out west). Zion Tupuola-Fetui is another guy to keep an eye on, but I like Cravens and Vakalahi more.
    LB: Jackson Sirmon is a great fit for us. Brandon Kaho seems to love us, and I love him. After that it gets a little murky. Jack Lamb is out there, but Penn State, UCLA, and Stanford will be TUFF to beat. Wouldn't be shocked if we got a out of nowhere commit at this spot.
    DB: TONS of guys we are in on. Lake will get a good class, we have to hope they sign early with us. Julius Irvin seems like the closest to committing to us, Kyler Gordon is a tough read but I think we lead. We will end up with a good class of DB's.

One wild card is Matt Lubick. If there is a guy that can pull some random guys from Texas, or some guy we thought we never had a shot at it is Lubick. He follows prospects at all different positions and it wouldn't shock me if he was one of the leads in getting us two days of camp in DFW. Those two camp days down in Texas are massive as well, for as much as we rail on recruiting in Texas and out of our region, getting camp days and having our entire staff in front of kids is a big deal.

And with the season we all expect, two back-to-back years of success on the field could make a big impression on a lot of kids we feel we might be out on.

Good breakdown. Thanks. I don't follow this very closely, but have been getting more into it since you and DDY made it actually kind of fun/funny. I need big overviews like this because I am too dumb and lazy to track all these kids and remember all this stuff.
    Your welcome.
    Nailed it!
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

RB: Likely Richard Newton, not a big fan, but whatever. And hopefully add Tre'Shaun Harrison, gonna have to beat out Oregon.
    OL: We might get lucky or we might not EWIWBI. I think we lead for Matteo Mele out of AZ (whom I love), but the competition is going to pick up big time on him soon (Oklahoma just offered and others will soon follow). If we could get a class of Mele, Murray, Ale I would be ecstatic. Marco Brewer is another guy that I like, still no offer. Cade Beresford from Woodinville is another guy I am really intrigued by. Both Brewer and Beresford will be dependent on camps.
    DL: Draco is a stud, very happy with him. And if we can add Jackson Cravens and Sam Vakalahi (I think right now we lead for both) that is a really solid DL class (But we didn't even come close on the top two DL out west). Zion Tupuola-Fetui is another guy to keep an eye on, but I like Cravens and Vakalahi more.
    LB: Jackson Sirmon is a great fit for us. Brandon Kaho seems to love us, and I love him. After that it gets a little murky. Jack Lamb is out there, but Penn State, UCLA, and Stanford will be TUFF to beat. Wouldn't be shocked if we got a out of nowhere commit at this spot.
    DB: TONS of guys we are in on. Lake will get a good class, we have to hope they sign early with us. Julius Irvin seems like the closest to committing to us, Kyler Gordon is a tough read but I think we lead. We will end up with a good class of DB's.

One wild card is Matt Lubick. If there is a guy that can pull some random guys from Texas, or some guy we thought we never had a shot at it is Lubick. He follows prospects at all different positions and it wouldn't shock me if he was one of the leads in getting us two days of camp in DFW. Those two camp days down in Texas are massive as well, for as much as we rail on recruiting in Texas and out of our region, getting camp days and having our entire staff in front of kids is a big deal.

And with the season we all expect, two back-to-back years of success on the field could make a big impression on a lot of kids we feel we might be out on.

Good breakdown. Thanks. I don't follow this very closely, but have been getting more into it since you and DDY made it actually kind of fun/funny. I need big overviews like this because I am too dumb and lazy to track all these kids and remember all this stuff.
    Your welcome.
    *you're (or you are).

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Glad someone has time to do this shit. Love you CGTP.
    Messican coke gives you the energy of 20 men.

No joke. When Poopsi and I had lunch, I was finishing off my first drink when he was already on Coke #4. I mentioned this and he said, "Hey, I got a reputation to live up to!"

FEED THE BEAST
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

I can't put all this info together. Where are we at, besides sucking, on OL/DL recruiting? Top targets? Likely pick ups? We got one good DL already correct (Draco or whatever)? Are we fucked from there?

TIA

OL recruiting is ticking up with CENTER feeling us pretty good. I still think we get a good but not great class there.

DL class should be good but not great as well with Vakalahi and whitey holding down the DT spots and a few great DE ;) prospects in the mix. We should get at least one great edge rusher.

Everything else save maybe RB should be great. Pull a surprise on the lines and it's going to be a monster class. Even without one should be borderline monster.

Put it this way, on paper at least this will be Petes best class ever.
    Since Coke chinned this I am taking it as gospel. Our sex life will see abrupt changes if this is wrong.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

It would appear, based on cokers meltdown, that this thread needs updating. It also appears things really do change all the time with recruiting.

If you can't follow the ups and downs of recruiting this might not be for you.