Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Keondre Coburn, 4* 2018 DT, Houston (Westfield), TX (TEXAS, Duh)

FrenchHuskyFrenchHusky Member Posts: 69
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

6'1 330lbs

AHEM (DDY EDIT):
Jersey #: 99
Positions: DT
Height & Weight: 6'2" 329lbs
Nike Football Rating: 78.09
40 Yard Dash: 5.53
Shuttle: 4.8
Vertical: 24.1
Powerball: 34

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He's black and from Houston hahaha. NO SHOT.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

That by itself doesn't mean anything
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

That by itself doesn't mean anything
    Whoosh
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I guess that confirms that Tuli is headed to LA. Luckily, pulling in top 100 players from Texas is our specialty.

Just add him to the list on my shrine of blown ACLs.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Picture incomplete- missing Tequilla.
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

I guess that confirms that Tuli is headed to LA. Luckily, pulling in top 100 players from Texas is our specialty.

Just add him to the list on my shrine of blown ACLs.
    He's not going to USC so, blown ACLs and being FAT isn't necessarily in his future.....
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I guess I'm the only one who thinks Pete can pull top rated defensive talent from Texas, a year after going to the final four.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I guess I'm the only one who thinks Pete can pull top rated defensive talent from Texas, a year after going to the final four.

You are forgetting that texas is back!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Nurple said:

Personally I think they can. The Lubick hire is the reason. Pete wants back in Texas no better way than to hire a stud recruiter who knows those grounds and recently to boot.
    I actually think that there's an opening in Texas right now ... particularly down in Houston

Texas is a bit in trouble right now given 1) they've sucked for the last few years, 2) they are viewed as being UCLA/Mora soft over that time period, and 3) the manner in which Herman left Houston hasn't sat well down there (see the close of this year's recruiting class) ... many kids said for a while that they wanted to go to Houston/Herman if not for the conference they played in ... yet Texas isn't cleaning up in in-state recruiting ... wonder why ...

Texas A&M is kind of in a transition period as nobody knows what to make of Sumlin ... he likely needs to be moved on from but I'm not sure what exactly the appetite is down there ... the "we're in the SEC" novelty of a pickup in recruiting has worn off a bit ... Houston is traditionally TAMU country ... but an uncertain future with Sumlin could cool recruits ...

LSU is normally the next choice down in Houston but they now have Ed O ... who is a tremendous recruiter but the jury is definitely out on him as a head coach ... who really knows where Ed O is going to focus his recruiting effort but I suspect that he'll want to make sure he's keeping the Louisiana kids home first and foremost as some were starting to leave at the tail end of the Miles era ...

The rest of the Texas schools are next ... TCU has never been able to grab more than a handful of Houston kids ... and there is a DFW vs Houston rivalry anyway in terms of who views themselves as more superior ... Baylor is in a massive transition so I wouldn't expect them to have tremendous success for the next few years ... Texas Tech = LOL

So yes, there's an opening for us ... we have some connections down there and being in a position to be a national title contender will at least earn us some ears. Houston as a whole is a fucking arm pit ... it's right up there with my least favorite places to travel to ... so IF we can get kids up to visit us (particularly in the Summer) ... we have a chance to really get the kids that are interested in potentially leaving Houston to see that there is a different world in Seattle.
  • Options
    KenGiffeyJrKenGiffeyJr Member Posts: 46
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Nurple said:

Personally I think they can. The Lubick hire is the reason. Pete wants back in Texas no better way than to hire a stud recruiter who knows those grounds and recently to boot.
    I actually think that there's an opening in Texas right now ... particularly down in Houston

Texas is a bit in trouble right now given 1) they've sucked for the last few years, 2) they are viewed as being UCLA/Mora soft over that time period, and 3) the manner in which Herman left Houston hasn't sat well down there (see the close of this year's recruiting class) ... many kids said for a while that they wanted to go to Houston/Herman if not for the conference they played in ... yet Texas isn't cleaning up in in-state recruiting ... wonder why ...

Texas A&M is kind of in a transition period as nobody knows what to make of Sumlin ... he likely needs to be moved on from but I'm not sure what exactly the appetite is down there ... the "we're in the SEC" novelty of a pickup in recruiting has worn off a bit ... Houston is traditionally TAMU country ... but an uncertain future with Sumlin could cool recruits ...

LSU is normally the next choice down in Houston but they now have Ed O ... who is a tremendous recruiter but the jury is definitely out on him as a head coach ... who really knows where Ed O is going to focus his recruiting effort but I suspect that he'll want to make sure he's keeping the Louisiana kids home first and foremost as some were starting to leave at the tail end of the Miles era ...

The rest of the Texas schools are next ... TCU has never been able to grab more than a handful of Houston kids ... and there is a DFW vs Houston rivalry anyway in terms of who views themselves as more superior ... Baylor is in a massive transition so I wouldn't expect them to have tremendous success for the next few years ... Texas Tech = LOL

So yes, there's an opening for us ... we have some connections down there and being in a position to be a national title contender will at least earn us some ears. Houston as a whole is a fucking arm pit ... it's right up there with my least favorite places to travel to ... so IF we can get kids up to visit us (particularly in the Summer) ... we have a chance to really get the kids that are interested in potentially leaving Houston to see that there is a different world in Seattle.
    Agree with all this. Herman only left cause Houston could never compensate him like Texas can. It may not sit well for many NOW but that'll pass. Now is our chance though we'll have to battle the SEC to do so.
  • Options

I keep reading this kids name as Cockburn...which reminds me, I need to go to the clinic.

• Options
    Love this site everyone is a master debater.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Love this site everyone is a master debater.

it's hard