Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dtd said:

Sources said:

dtd said:

50+ new poasts had me thinking he was Kaho'ing it. Who gives a fuck what the rankings have him finalized as? Irregardless he's a YUGE upgrade at a position of need where we've had gaps in recruiting.

Everything matters. Your? coach is twatting about the NUMBER ONE CLASS(even though he's wrong) and telling recruits at UW's junior day the same thing.
    Let's recap:

2. Lake is wrong that UW had the #1 class, even though according to the very same 247 that is absolutely the case.

Sco!
    You should probably check your @Sources

Oregon will probably pass up UW when it's all said and done since it sounds like they'll add 2-3 more kids but as of now, UW is slightly ahead in the 247 only rankings.
    https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/TeamRankings/?Conference=Pac-12
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,081
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

Sources said:

dtd said:

50+ new poasts had me thinking he was Kaho'ing it. Who gives a fuck what the rankings have him finalized as? Irregardless he's a YUGE upgrade at a position of need where we've had gaps in recruiting.

Everything matters. Your? coach is twatting about the NUMBER ONE CLASS(even though he's wrong) and telling recruits at UW's junior day the same thing.
    Let's recap:

2. Lake is wrong that UW had the #1 class, even though according to the very same 247 that is absolutely the case.

Sco!

Oregon will probably pass up UW when it's all said and done since it sounds like they'll add 2-3 more kids but as of now, UW is slightly ahead in the 247 only rankings.
    https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/TeamRankings/?Conference=Pac-12
    Fair enough.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dtd said:

Sources said:

dtd said:

Let's recap:

Sco!

Nybe
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    dnc said:

dtd said:

Sources said:

dtd said:

Let's recap:

Sco!

Nybe
    Twas not. I was Swayed by the total and score rankings by the composite, rivals, and ESPN. UW is > UO in 1/6, therefore Jimmer's tweets are legit. I stand, if I could stand(these mosaic ipas add up), abashed.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

Sources said:

dtd said:

Let's recap:

Sco!

Nybe
    Twas not. I was Swayed by the total and score rankings by the composite, rivals, and ESPN. UW is > UO in 1/6, therefore Jimmer's tweets are legit. I stand, if I could stand(these mosaic ipas add up), abashed.
    1/4 no?

I’m not arguing which class is better. I’m not at all surprised or bothered that a coach would proclaim his class best when he has a ranking that says it is, especially when said ranking is the one that gives the most Fuchs about west coast recruits.

IMO the classes are pretty equal. You like elite ready to play talent? UO has the best class.

You like stacking as many blue chips as possible? UW is your choice.

I have no problem with anyone proclaiming either superior.

What matters is UO won the conference, the RB and hired the superior OC and popped off.

It’s a ducky duck world.

Given all that it seems odd to me UO fans are so bothered by Lake doing something we all know Cristobal would do in the same situation.

Quook on.
    Using the 3 established sites, with overall score vs average player ranking, I arrived at 1 in 6. Just like my GF. JK, she hasn't arrived in years, but I make too much money for her to move on.

I'm not arguing one is better than the other either. The poont is that if the proven winner CEO of the UW football program thinks this shit is important enough to tell recruits about, repeatedly, that it's FS to say that it doesn't matter. It's tenuous to say that recruiting rankings impact recruiting, but it's even weaker to say that they don't matter.

I should have just said "Jimmy Lake cares" in response to @UW_Doog_Bot . I'll try to do better next time.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

Sources said:

dtd said:

Let's recap:

Sco!

Nybe
    1/4 no?

I’m not arguing which class is better. I’m not at all surprised or bothered that a coach would proclaim his class best when he has a ranking that says it is, especially when said ranking is the one that gives the most Fuchs about west coast recruits.

IMO the classes are pretty equal. You like elite ready to play talent? UO has the best class.

What matters is UO won the conference, the RB and hired the superior OC and popped off.

It’s a ducky duck world.

Given all that it seems odd to me UO fans are so bothered by Lake doing something we all know Cristobal would do in the same situation.

Quook on.
    Using the 3 established sites, with overall score vs average player ranking, I arrived at 1 in 6. Just like my GF. JK, she hasn't arrived in years, but I make too much money for her to move on.

I'm not arguing one is better than the other either. The poont is that if the proven winner CEO of the UW football program thinks this shit is important enough to tell recruits about, repeatedly, that it's FS to say that it doesn't matter. It's tenuous to say that recruiting rankings impact recruiting, but it's even weaker to say that they don't matter.

I should have just said "Jimmy Lake cares" in response to @UW_Doog_Bot . I'll try to do better next time.
    I didn't say that rankings don't matter at all in aggregate. Simply pointing out that whether Smalls is 18th or 48th by one ranking service known for fuck all west coast is FS for multiple reasons.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

Sources said:

dtd said:

Let's recap:

Sco!

Nybe
    1/4 no?

It’s a ducky duck world.

Quook on.

I didn't say that rankings don't matter at all in aggregate. Simply pointing out that whether Smalls is 18th or 48th by one ranking service known for fuck all west coast is FS for multiple reasons.
    I agree. You said "who gives a fuck?". I'm done being pedantic.

FOR NOW
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,317
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not going to watch the kickass presser, but what were Lake's exact words? Did he say UW had the top rated class? If so, that's a very objective measure, so there's a case to be made that he's wrong (in 5 out of 6 ways, as dtd points out--until February, at which time it will be 6 out of 6 ways). If Lake said UW had the "best" or "number one" class, this is a very subjective thing, and good luck proving him wrong. At that point, you'd just be arguing against "I think my guys are the best."

It's all just marketing anyway, and since when is marketing held up to some kind of integrity standard?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,913
    Standard Supporter

I'm not going to watch the kickass presser, but what were Lake's exact words? Did he say UW had the top rated class? If so, that's a very objective measure, so there's a case to be made that he's wrong (in 5 out of 6 ways, as dtd points out--until February, at which time it will be 6 out of 6 ways). If Lake said UW had the "best" or "number one" class, this is a very subjective thing, and good luck proving him wrong. At that point, you'd just be arguing against "I think my guys are the best."

It's all just marketing anyway, and since when is marketing held up to some kind of integrity standard?

Who cares.

They are the #1 ranked class by 247 right now.

Theres no need to overthink and continually fact check this shit.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705

He specifically said "in December" so he was correct because Manning wouldn't pledge until January 2nd I believe.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,531
    Swaye's Wigwam

Who cares.

I've heard that we live in a post fact world
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,317
    Swaye's Wigwam

Who cares.

I've heard that we live in a post fact world
    Those exact words crossed my mind when I was wasting time typing my response.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Who cares.

This. It’s hype. It ultimately doesn’t matter. Of course you want to be at the top but that doesn’t guarantee us beating Cal or Colorado.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,457

Yea Biggins had some unflattering things to say about him recently but also said the ceiling is pretty high if he puts in the work. They played him at 3 different spots during the all star game. Seems a little harsh to judge him on how well he played when he wasn’t in one spot long enough to do anything.

If you’re losing one on one’s and doing poorly in drills, how is it harsh to report that? Somehow many other players got glowing reviews because they performed well. The ones that didn’t don’t get those type of reviews.

He made a very good choice in choosing UW. His inevitable struggles at the next level would be a lot tougher without family, hometown support, and coaches that are much more cut throat than ours.
    Stand up to @RoadDawg55
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,531
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like Smalls is the perfect 4/5 star for UW.............

Ty's legendary 2008 class. NW All Stars. 8-5

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,913
    Standard Supporter
    Is Smalls still "the most important recruit in the history of the program?"