Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Utah football: Utes see progress despite inconclusive spring game

Comments

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    edited April 2017

title of article: Utes see progress

first lines: Little was settled Saturday afternoon at Rice-Eccles Stadium. The quarterback battle remains open.

i dont think utes have figured out you need a qb to win in the p10.

Utah and ASU lost to Oregon last year, Utah was at home.

If that doesn't tell you those programs are at rock bottom I don't know what till. If you can't beat a team full of freshman that quit on their coach you should be in the WAC.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    We will never beat Oregon.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

I remember this feeling. You'll be fine. Taggart is already talking like he's trying hard to lower expectations. He has the sound of a dude who doesn't like what he sees.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,564 Founders Club
    Utes are the perennial 5-4 team that's kind of competitive at times but is never a real threat

Kind of like us for about seven years
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

first lines: Little was settled Saturday afternoon at Rice-Eccles Stadium. The quarterback battle remains open.

If that doesn't tell you those programs are at rock bottom I don't know what till. If you can't beat a team full of freshman that quit on their coach you should be in the WAC.
    After that 2015 embarrassment you suffered at home at the hands of the Utes I'm surprised by your comments. Oregon is looking up to about half the programs in the Pac-12, one of which is Utah. Your run is over duck.

Utes are the perennial 5-4 team that's kind of competitive at times but is never a real threat

Kind of like us for about seven years

Very true. Last three years 5-4, 6-3 and 5-4. Still need a little more Depth to get through November, which is where the losses are piling up.

Every program thinks they have the next great QB up and cuming, we're no different. Tyler Huntley, Jason Shelly and Jack Tuttle.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    @89ute

To bad you guys can't recruit a QB that can throw a forward pass. Look at all those kids that got drafted.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    89ute said:

@89ute

To bad you guys can't recruit a QB that can throw a forward pass. Look at all those kids that got drafted.

On one hand, I'm incredibly excited, on the other hand, I'm thinking "8 guys drafted, 5-4 in conference this year, what the fuck."

You guys have our? bitch boi Troy. He is like negative -2 games.

89ute said:

@89ute

On one hand, I'm incredibly excited, on the other hand, I'm thinking "8 guys drafted, 5-4 in conference this year, what the fuck."

We'll get this offensive shit figured out. For now, fourth and punt is a lock for 5-4 in conference. Anything else is gravy.
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,023 Swaye's Wigwam
    4 of Utah's OL were drafted, and they still went 5-4. They are fucked for a long time and will always be shitty.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

89ute said:

@89ute

We'll get this offensive shit figured out. For now, fourth and punt is a lock for 5-4 in conference. Anything else is gravy.
    No.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    89ute said:

Mosster47 said:

After that 2015 embarrassment you suffered at home at the hands of the Utes I'm surprised by your comments. Oregon is looking up to about half the programs in the Pac-12, one of which is Utah. Your run is over duck.
    GTFOutta here. Utah is a turd and will always be one.
    Mosster47 said:

89ute said:

Mosster47 said:

GTFOutta here. Utah is a turd and will always be one.
    That's all ya got?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

89ute said:

your "qbs" suck more dick than colleen belotti.
    *Gurgle*?
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Gladstone said:

I remember this feeling. You'll be fine. Taggart is already talking like he's trying hard to lower expectations. He has the sound of a dude who doesn't like what he sees.
    How would you define doog?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    89ute said:

89ute said:

@89ute

I think the OC was an interesting hire, but it doesn't seem like a fit. The OC is a pass happy guy. It's going to be a big change.

I would be beyond frustrated if I were you over the QB play. You've had good running games, but Wilson was a terrible passer and Troy Williams is even worse. How hard is it to recruit one competent QB?
    Troy Taylor will be our 9th OC in 10 years. One common thread through all this is Aaron Roderick. He's been co-oc two separate times, WR & QB coach, quit twice to go to BYU and Worshington. He would have been your problem had Whitt not chosen to take him back.
    http://www.heraldnet.com/sports/washington-hires-roderick-as-wide-receivers-coach/

Roderick had some kind of hold on Whitt, personally, I think they used to kill hookers together on roadies to Laramie. How the fuck do you keep a guy who has left you TWICE? Strangest fucking thing I've ever seen.

Whitt finally fired him after last year. Whitt rarely hires outside of his little inner circle. He almost always hires someone he's had some kind of relationship with in the past. Former players, teammates, family and guys he coached with at Idaho State.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700225001/Whits-Guys-When-it-comes-to-hiring-Kyle-Whittingham-sticks-with-people-he-knows.html

Taylor's connection to Whittingham is coaching Kyle's brother's son at Folsom High. (Fred, of course, is our TE coach)

So yes, it's beyond frustrating. Every year we have some new guy or new combination of OCs that will make the big difference. Why Whitt can't figure this out is beyond anyone.

Every year we have a QB coming in who will take us to new heights. Kendall Thompson? Troy Williams? Cooper Bateman? Who the fuck knows.

The latest savior is Jack Tuttle, 4*,2018,QB, Mission Hills, CA, Committed.

What makes him different is he actually helped us sign a couple of 4* guys in our 2017 class. He might actually be the real deal.

What's equally frustrating is the fact that a good QB cannot look to the success of Alex Smith and Brian Johnson to see what the Utes can do with good to adequate QB play. It's fucking maddening!

I'll give Troy Williams a few bonus points for publicly slamming Roderick by stating "it's nice to have a QB coach who actually played the position."

Fuck my life, this Pac-12 shit is hard.