Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

darnold is great, everyone says so

Sam Darnold threw an interception Saturday and one on Tuesday so he has thrown eight in 10 spring practices. This is not a terrible number. But it’s worth pointing out because Darnold threw a combined two interceptions in two fall training camps and last year’s spring practice. One more and he will tie the number of interceptions he threw last season.

interception update

dont ever change overhyped SC qbs, dont ever change.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Darnold is fucking awesome.

Nuff said.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Even if his line sucks this year, he's a tough fucker to sack.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    If he doesn't go down to injury soon I'm gonna have to take some drastic measures.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The risk in the INT numbers is that Darnold starts to believe his press clippings combined with slight regression in his OL and WRs ...

I agree with @RaceBannon that Darnold is really good ... but it wouldn't shock me if his numbers weren't quite as good this year
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

The risk in the INT numbers is that Darnold starts to believe his press clippings combined with slight regression in his OL and WRs ...

I agree with @RaceBannon that Darnold is really good ... but it wouldn't shock me if his numbers weren't quite as good this year

Tells me that he's got skills and is in the process of learning how to use them.

Also experience tells me that you learn the most from the mistakes that you make.

I seem to also remember that being a criticism at times of Josh Rosen while he was in HS as well ... he seemed to do ok as a true frosh this year at UCLA.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Huh? "he seemed to do ok as a true frosh this year at UCLA."
  • Options
    SaracenSaracen Member Posts: 269
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    As nice as it would be that this is a sign he'll regress to being above average as opposed to great, he's really fucking good. I'm more inclined to believe it's like the ace pitcher that keeps getting knocked around in spring training only to be lights out once the season starts, since it turns out he was practicing one specific pitch and DGAF about getting lit up in games that don't matter.

Last year he was trying to win the starting job and needed to look better than Maxine B. This year he's the guy no questions asked. He could just be throwing passes just see if he can, or where his newbie WR's should be to make a point to them, etc.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZ said:

If he doesn't go down to injury soon I'm gonna have to take some drastic measures.

Piping Higher Love into practice?
    Valerie!
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Either way it will be interesting?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

DeepSeaZ said:

Piping Higher Love into practice?
    Valerie!
    Vallaray >>> Valerie
    https://youtu.be/4HLY1NTe04M
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    @AH92 do you wana give us an insight to what is going on in the trojan country?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

@AH92 do you wana give us an insight to what is going on in the trojan country?

Money? Still there.

Tradition? Hasn't changed.

Location? We haven't MOVED!

Next natty is just a matter of time.
    What about faith and family?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tells me that he's got skills and is in the process of learning how to use them.

Also experience tells me that you learn the most from the mistakes that you make.

I seem to also remember that being a criticism at times of Josh Rosen while he was in HS as well ... he seemed to do ok as a true frosh this year at UCLA.
    I think Darnold is a stud ... my comments saying that he may have a few struggle moments this year has nothing to do with that opinion ... they aren't mutually exclusive.

As for Rosen, the commentary coming out of 2015 was how much better Rosen was than Browning when the numbers really didn't support that fact. We don't know what we'll get out of Rosen this year so until we see a few games we'll see. There's still a very good likelihood though that Rosen will end up being a very good QB.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    Founders Club
    This post is going to get flagged into oblivion. But this year's Woodinville softball team is dealing with mega hype and expectations. They are 9-0 and ranked in the USA Today top 25. Six senior starters on a team that finished 2nd at State last year. But they beat Issaquah 13-1 two days ago, and the girls were telling me how they're struggling and trying to hit every pitch out of the yard, etc.

It will be interesting to see how they deal with the pressure coming down the stretch.

Now flag away, but remember I can send everyone of yous to the gulag.