Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The slippery slope of the doog

ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Hopkins gets hired...

1. I bet his experience with USA basketball will help him with keeping Porter!

2. Porter is a one and done, Nowell and Davis matter more for the program long term.

3. Retaining Will Conroy will help with local recruiting!

4. Davis sucks. Nowell is a dime a dozen.

5. Cameron Dollar would have been hired by Romar too I think? Now we will be TUFF again.

6. Hopkins will get a HUGE class next year. He will really sell the program to guys that WANT to be here after tanking next season.

7. This is about culture change, you have no idea the damage Romar did. It takes 3 years to turn things around!

I get giving the guy a chance, but why are we making excuses for this fuck?

Comments

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Hopkins gets hired...

2. Porter is a one and done, Nowell and Davis matter more for the program long term.

5. Cameron Dollar would have been hired by Romar too I think? Now we will be TUFF again.

6. Hopkins will get a HUGE class next year. He will really sell the program to guys that WANT to be here after tanking next season.

7. This is about culture change, you have no idea the damage Romar did. It takes 3 years to turn things around!

Hypothetically accurate but LIFPO.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    You are mixing some massive doogisms with reality ...

The culture change is real ...

Having what will likely be a large number of scholarships is also real ... whether that nets a large class is LIPO

Davis does suck IMO ... I've said it for at least a year

I've got no problem with Will being on staff ... having some kind of bridge to the Seattle community is probably needed ... provided they don't view Will as being a traitor to Lorenzo at this point. The Dollar hire has left me scratching my head.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Hopkins gets hired...

I was more pro Hopkins hire than against but damn, this first week has been brutal.

Still holding out hope he can get Davis and Nowell back on bored.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861

Hopkins gets hired...

1. I bet his experience with USA basketball will help him with keeping Porter! IRRELEVENT -Stupid argument.

2. Porter is a one and done, Nowell and Davis matter more for the program long term. PORTER IS ONE AND DONE. This cesspool ain't turning around in a year. At least two years.

3. Retaining Will Conroy will help with local recruiting! Possibly. Or he could have called Curtis Allen who actually has some coaching and recruiting experience in a bad spot.

4. Davis sucks. Nowell is a dime a dozen. I don't think Davis 'sucks'. He is indeed replaceable.

5. Cameron Dollar would have been hired by Romar too I think? Now we will be TUFF again. Really dislike this hire.

6. Hopkins will get a HUGE class next year. He will really sell the program to guys that WANT to be here after tanking next season. He needs to be careful not to overload and fill up with 6 or 7 scholarship guys - unless a couple of those are JC guys. That's what initially sunk Bone (among other things in Pullman). Klay Thompson covered up some front-loaded roster management by Tony Bennett.

7. This is about culture change, you have no idea the damage Romar did. It takes 3 years to turn things around! More like two. Football is usually a three year turnaround. That said, year 3 of basketball turnarounds are usually the worst.

See above - no excuses but he's not going to the tournament next year, probably not inyear 2, and likely will see an NIT bid in year 3. The conference is getting pretty stacked again. Actually disgree with most of the doogliness excuses other than the timeline. This is a serious rebuild. Just can't get my head around the Conroy/Dollar combo. Unless that gives Jen a 'back to the future' combo if Hopkins says 'fuck it' after year 2.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    But Tommy already has his Season ticket purchased!!!!!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    There is a definite danger in having a class of 6-8 next year IF the back half of that class is just getting some scholarship guys in because you have scholarships. Probably need some grad transfers and overall transfers at some point to get the classes at some point balanced out.

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just shut the program down and turn hec ed into a science center where kids from k-5 come annually to show off their baking soda volcanos.
  • Options
    SECisKingSECisKing Member Posts: 903
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I feel like this is someone's doctoral dissertation

"The Slippery Slope of the Doog"
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    College hoops is horribly corrupt
    I here this guy was part of a dirty Syracuse program
    Ergo, I'm sure he'll do great for you guys.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    WHOOOOOSH on all of you.

This was a timeline of a the posts here regarding this transition, not my own take on anything.

Dumbfucks like Tequilla basically arguing with themselves.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861

WHOOOOOSH on all of you.

This was a timeline of a the posts here regarding this transition, not my own take on anything.

Dumbfucks like Tequilla basically arguing with themselves.

I caught on to the perspective of the OP. And generally I think the doogs are wrong. It's a cesspool that is going to take a couple years to see dividends.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I think you forgot, Washington is a desirable place to coach, and hot commodity coaches like Greg Marshall would love to come here, take a pay cut, and enjoy a higher cost of living.

BUT HIS WIFE WAS BORN IN WASHINGTON!!!