Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hopkins was a good hire Huskies!

I have followed Mike Hopkins since he was a player. He is the "Real Deal" and could have been a head coach much earlier, but he is loyal and stayed with Coach Boeheim at SU. He's a west coaster and now you have a HC who can recruit globally (Olympic experience also) He can obviously recruit in the East, has brought in many very solid Canadian kids and with your power on the west coast and his So. Cal. roots, you have an awesome recruiting power. Look at the player list who he brought to Syracuse, a virtual NBA squad! He has worked on everything at Syracuse and we owe him gratitude for the SU program success. I am now a Husky Fan!

Comments

• Options
    kansacusekansacuse Member Posts: 5
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    PS: You will have no scandals with Mike Hopkins, he is a silid family man with very ethical standards. I'm sad he left, but happy for him and you!
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    kansacuse said:

PS: You will have no scandals with Mike Hopkins, he is a silid family man with very ethical standards. I'm sad he left, but happy for him and you!

ah shit.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Thanks for your insight.

Playing devil's advocate, given he's been lifeblood to the Syracuse program and around during the Bernie Fine fiasco and the numerous recruiting violations, how could he not have at least been aware of these?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Thanks for your insight.

Playing devil's advocate, given he's been lifeblood to the Syracuse program and around during the Bernie Fine fiasco and the numerous recruiting violations, how could he not have at least been aware of these?

Bingo.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255

Thanks for your insight.

that was my first thought
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AlCzervik said:

Guys ... don't respond to this troll. This is just a Georgetown fan trying to make Syracuse look good.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    AlCzervik said:

Guys ... don't respond to this troll. This is just a Georgetown fan trying to make Syracuse look bad.

Ahhh John Thompson III the Romar of the east.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

AlCzervik said:

Guys ... don't respond to this troll. This is just a Georgetown fan trying to make Syracuse look bad.

ISAFNRC!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

AlCzervik said:

ISAFNRC!
    Same coaching style, same Deer in headlights look, same excuses, same choke jobs, and same apologists but they're in the admin. It pisses me off that he continues to ruin #MyHoyas and he is allowed to stay because of daddy.
  • Options
    kansacusekansacuse Member Posts: 5
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

kansacuse said:

ah shit.
    He was there but if you know the specific violations, they all lead back to the henchmen of the AD at the time Daryl Gross. Bernie Fine is a whole other matter. Bernie was the assoc head coach and what he did was very subversive and covert according to the reports. Bernie was the 2 coach Mike recruited and worked practices with the guards back then.
  • Options
    orangealum14orangealum14 Member Posts: 3
    5 Up Votes First Comment

Thanks for your insight.

Regarding Bernie Fine, the national media basically stopped covering the story, but what I've heard through the grapevine is basically that Bernie was cheating on his wife with one of the accusers (who by the time this began, was of legal age) and something happened that led the accuser to attempt to blackmail Bernie by threatening to expose him.

The recruiting violations...it is what it is. If you've read the reports of what Syracuse was actually guilty of, it's all pretty tiny IMO. Not sure what Hop's involvement with any of it would have been.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited March 2017
    kansacuse said:

I have followed Mike Hopkins since he was a player. He is the "Real Deal" and could have been a head coach much earlier HAD USC OR OREGON STATE HIRED HIM WHEN HE APPLIED AND INTERVIEWED not hired, he is loyal and stayed with Coach Boeheim at SU. He's a west coaster and now you have a HC who can recruit globally (Olympic experience also) He can obviously recruit in the East, has brought in many very solid Canadian kids and with your power on the west coast and his So. Cal. roots, you have an awesome recruiting power. Look at the player list who he brought to Syracuse, a virtual NBA squad! He has worked on everything at Syracuse and we owe him gratitude for the SU program success. I am now a Husky Fan!

Fixed
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711

Thanks for your insight.

Regarding Bernie Fine, the national media basically stopped covering the story, but what I've heard through the grapevine is basically that Bernie was cheating on his wife with one of the accusers (who by the time this began, was of legal age) and something happened that led the accuser to attempt to blackmail Bernie by threatening to expose him.

The recruiting violations...it is what it is. If you've read the reports of what Syracuse was actually guilty of, it's all pretty tiny IMO. Not sure what Hop's involvement with any of it would have been.
    Pics or GTFO.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    Standard Supporter
    Well all I can say is that I'm going to start going to games again. Even if he wins just 10 games next season, that's better than Romar did this year.

The front-court is mostly a mess so I'm also curious to see what he does in recruiting and if he can get a big man who can at least be a top back-up as a true frosh (probably no JC help out there like my boy Aziz N'Diaye).