Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Going to Eugene

Work is sending me down to Eugene for a couple of days next month. I've never been so I was wondering if anyone had any travel tips or advice...

...beside the obvious of avoiding parking lots.

Comments

• PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,265 Swaye's Wigwam
    That parking lot is wet. Must've seen a lot of action.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited March 2017

Hit up @uoduckgirl for some uncensored no holds barred lesbian vicarious sex.

• dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
  • tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161

...hot tub...junkie homeless couple...haucking loogies...

Ah the ambience, I'm jealous

They say Eugene sounds and smells wonderful when the homeless junkies are haucking away...
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853

@bananasnblondes - Yeah, I had heard that homeless youth was a big problem down there. Thanks for the tip on the Ninkasi Brewery.

I kinda wanted to check out the U of O campus as "Animal House" was filmed there (I love that movie), but it's looking like I'm not going to have any free time for that or hooking up with uoduckgirl. (Besides, @BearsWiin used to work with her and told me she wasn't anything special.)

You can only hook up with her if you are black and pretend to be a football player.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977
    If "work" sends you to Eugene, you're probably a flunky for a flunky organization, in which case (1) quit acting like you have a Wharton MBA and its beneath you to head down there, and (2) maybe just consider checking out become you're always going to be lower middle class.

Hit up @uoduckgirl for some uncensored no holds barred lesbian vicarious sex.

Please don't edit me.

I choose my words very deliberately.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977

If "work" sends you to Eugene, you're probably a flunky for a flunky organization, in which case (1) quit acting like you have a Wharton MBA and its beneath you to head down there, and (2) maybe just consider checking out become you're always going to be lower middle class.

Mr. Coug (can I call you Creepy?), I'm not sure how you got any elitism out of my post save for the good natured jab at Autzen Stadium.

I've heard nothing but the highest praise of this diverse and friendly city on the south end of the Willamette Valley nestled between two small buttes, and beside the scenic Willamette River. Home to more than 140,000 people, Eugene is Oregon's second largest city. It covers approximately 41.5 square miles, with the Willamette River running through the heart of the city and the McKenzie River joining the Willamette to the north of town. The elevation is 426 above sea level and the city's topography features Skinner Butte to the north of downtown and the south, the landmark Spencer Butte, now a 310-acre city park.

Eugene's climate, with an average temperature of 53 degrees, is one of the city's attractive features. Mild winters, long growing seasons, and few drastic weather changes are characteristic. Normal annual rainfall is 43 inches which falls mostly between September and June. Eugene is positioned at latitude 44° 7' N, longitude 123° 13' W.

Eugene has a high percentage of professionals including doctors, lawyers, architects, and educators. One third of the city's population has completed four or more years of college. Eugene is home to the University of Oregon , Northwest Christian University, Lane Community College and Eugene Bible College .

The first know inhabitants of the area were the Kalapuya Indians. Archeological evidence indicates that the Kalapuya occupied the area for several centuries.

A hunting and gathering people, the Kalapuya frequently burned the grasses of the valley to clear brush and provide a better habitat for the game and vegetation they depended on for food. By the time the first white settlers arrived, the valley was an open grassy prairie with isolated stands of white oaks and other trees.

The first cabin in what is now known as Eugene was erected in 1846 by Eugene Franklin Skinner. It served as a general trading post and was authorized as a post office in 1850. This was the first official recognition of the community.

Eugene City was platted and recorded in 1852 by Skinner and Judge David Risdon. However, the site had its disadvantages. After heavy winter rains it became a quagmire and earned the nickname "Skinner's Mud Hole." A revised town plat was made on higher ground in 1853.

Settlers and industry arrived simultaneously. A millrace was dug in the channel of an old slough and a flour mill and a woolen mill used its water for power. Saw mills were also established along the banks of the Willamette River. By 1858, there were between 500 and 600 inhabitants in Eugene City. According to one account, the residents were served by nine dry goods stores, two book stores, a drug store, a bakery, a restaurant, two hotels, two saloons, two printing offices, three doctors, four lawyers, four clergy, one newspaper and an assortment of blacksmiths, cabinet makers, painters, and other tradespeople.

Eugene City was incorporated in 1862. Two years later, the community adopted a charter and a new name - City of Eugene. The first election for a city council was held in 1865. The council, or Board of Trustees as it was called then, consisted of a president, recorder, treasurer, street commissioner, marshal and six trustees.

The first telegraph reached Eugene from Portland in 1864 and the city became a stagecoach stop in 1865 when the Territorial Road reached Eugene.

Transportation took a great leap forward in 1871. The Oregon-California Railway (now Southern Pacific) was completed to Eugene in that year and the whole town turned out to celebrate.

In 1944, the citizens of Eugene adopted the council/manager form of government. In this form of government, the City Council develops legislation and policies to direct the city, but hires a professional manager (the City Manager) to oversee City of Eugene personnel and operations and to carry out the City Council's direction.

The mayor serves as the City's political head and chairperson of the council. He or she is elected by the city at large on a nonpartisan ballot for a four-year term. The mayor receives a monthly stipend and is compensated for expenses. The mayor is the formal representative of the City. He or she presides over City Council meetings but has no vote except in the case of a tie. The mayor can veto any decision, but a two-thirds vote of the council can override the veto.

The City Council, Eugene's legislative body, has eight members. The mayor is the presiding officer. Councilors are elected on a nonpartisan ballot for four year terms. One council member is elected from each of eight wards. One-half of the Council is elected every two years. Like the mayor, City Councilors are paid a monthly stipend and are compensated for expenses.

But since I'm a flunky employed by a flunky company and with a mere online Associates degree from Capella University, I'll be too depressed after accepting my mediocre lot in life to enjoy all the activities Eugene has to offer:

* Browse the artisan and farmers' markets.
    * Drink a craft beer or a cup of organic coffee in the artsy Whiteaker neighborhood.
    * Cheer on the University of Oregon Ducks for football, basketball or track.
    * Ride a bicycle anywhere - extensive bike paths crisscross the city.
    * Hike Spencer Butte for stunning views.
    * Walk Friendly Communities Badge
    * Attend a lecture, class or event on the UO campus.
    * Delve into the dynamic arts scene, be it Bach or film.
    * Taste regional wines at an urban wine bar.
    * Find snakes in the grass and cut off their heads
    * Link up with the local tech community at start-up hang out.
    * Partake in a wilderness and park project.
    * Dine farm-to-table at numerous restaurants.
    * Climb the basalt columns at Skinner Butte Park.
    * Bang uoduckgirl.
    * Check into a comfortable hotel adjacent great shopping districts.
    * Book a cozy bed and breakfast in the University District or downtown.
    * Bunk up at the local hostel or pitch a tent at a riverfront campground.

It's sad really. I was looking forward to it.
    Tl;dr

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Mheshimiwa Coug (naweza kuwaita ninyi Creepy?), Sina hakika jinsi got elitism yoyote nje ya post yangu ila kwa lainifu jab katika Autzen Stadium.

Nimesikia chochote lakini sifa ya juu ya mji huu wa aina mbalimbali na kirafiki juu ya mwisho wa kusini wa Willamette Valley nestled kati buttes mbili ndogo, na zaidi ya scenic Willamette River. Nyumbani kwa watu zaidi ya 140,000, Eugene ni mji mkubwa wa pili Oregon ya. Ni inashughulikia takriban 41.5 maili za mraba, na Willamette Mto mbio kwa njia ya moyo wa mji na McKenzie Mto kujiunga na Willamette kaskazini ya mji. mwinuko ni 426 kutoka usawa wa bahari na topography ya mji wa makala Skinner Butte kaskazini ya jiji la na kusini, kihistoria Spencer Butte, sasa 310-ekari mji park.

hali ya hewa Eugene, pamoja na joto la wastani wa nyuzi 53, ni moja ya sifa ya mji wa kuvutia. baridi kali, kwa muda mrefu misimu, na mabadiliko kadhaa hali ya hewa ya kuporomoka ni tabia. Kawaida mvua kwa mwaka ni 43 inches ambayo iko hasa kati ya Septemba na Juni. Eugene ni nafasi nzuri katika latitude 44 ° 7 'N latitude, 123 ° 13' W.

Eugene ina asilimia kubwa ya wataalamu ikiwa ni pamoja na madaktari, wanasheria, wasanifu, na waalimu. theluthi moja ya wakazi wa jiji amekamilisha miaka minne au zaidi ya chuo. Eugene ni nyumbani kwa Chuo Kikuu cha Oregon, Northwest Christian University, Lane Community College na Chuo cha Biblia Eugene.

kwanza know wenyeji wa eneo hilo walikuwa Kalapuya Wahindi. ushahidi archeological inaonyesha kwamba Kalapuya ulichukua eneo kwa karne kadhaa.

uwindaji na ukusanyaji watu, Kalapuya mara nyingi kuchomwa moto nyasi ya bonde wazi brush na hutoa makazi bora kwa ajili ya mchezo na uoto wa asili wao wanategemea kwa chakula. By mara ya kwanza walowezi aliwasili, bonde ilikuwa wazi nyasi prairie na anasimama pekee ya mialoni nyeupe na miti mingine.

cabin kwanza katika nini sasa inajulikana kama Eugene alikuwa kujengwa mwaka 1846 na Eugene Franklin Skinner. Aliwahi kuwa baada ya biashara ya jumla na ilikuwa na mamlaka kama baada ya ofisi mwaka 1850. Hii ilikuwa ya kwanza utambuzi rasmi wa jumuiya.

Eugene City ilikuwa wakasokota na kumbukumbu mwaka 1852 na Skinner na Jaji David Risdon. Hata hivyo, tovuti alikuwa hasara zake. Baada ya mvua kubwa baridi ikawa bwawa na chuma jina la utani "Skinner Mud Hole." upya mji plat lilifanywa katika eneo la juu katika 1853.

Walowezi na sekta aliwasili wakati huo huo. Millrace alikuwa kuchimbwa katika channel ya slough zamani na kinu unga na kinu woolen kutumika maji yake kwa nguvu. viwanda vya Saw walikuwa pia imara kando ya benki ya Willamette River. By 1858, kulikuwa na kati ya 500 na 600 wenyeji katika Eugene City. Kwa mujibu wa akaunti moja, wakazi walikuwa aliwahi na tisa maduka bidhaa kavu, Maduka ya kitabu mbili, kuhifadhi madawa ya kulevya, mkate, mgahawa, hoteli mbili, saloons mbili, ofisi mbili uchapishaji, madaktari watatu, wanasheria wanne, viongozi wa dini nne, moja gazeti na urval ya wahunzi, watunga baraza la mawaziri, wachoraji, na tradespeople mengine.

Eugene City ilianzishwa mwaka 1862. Miaka miwili baadaye, jamii iliyopitishwa mkataba na jina jipya - Mji wa Eugene. uchaguzi wa kwanza kwa halmashauri ya jiji ulifanyika katika 1865. Baraza au Bodi ya Wadhamini kama ilikuwa inaitwa basi, ilihusisha ya rais, kinasa, mweka hazina, mitaani kamishina, marshal na wadhamini sita.

nyumba ya simu ya kwanza kufikiwa Eugene kutoka Portland mwaka 1864 na mji akawa STAGECOACH stop mwaka 1865 wakati Road Territorial kufikiwa Eugene.

Usafiri alichukua leap kubwa mbele katika 1871. Oregon-California Reli (sasa Kusini mwa Pasifiki) kukamilika kwa Eugene katika mwaka huo na mji mzima aligeuka kusherehekea.

Mwaka 1944, wananchi wa Eugene iliyopitishwa baraza / meneja aina ya serikali. Katika aina hii ya serikali, Halmashauri ya Jiji yanaendelea sheria na sera kuelekeza mji, lakini hires meneja wa kitaalamu (Meneja City) kusimamia Jiji la wafanyakazi Eugene na shughuli na kutekeleza mwelekeo Halmashauri ya Jiji la.

Meya hutumika kama kichwa City kisiasa na mwenyekiti wa baraza hilo. Yeye au yeye huchaguliwa na eneo kubwa la jiji katika uchaguzi nonpartisan kwa muda wa miaka minne. Meya inapata kiasi kidogo cha fedha kila mwezi na ni fidia kwa ajili ya gharama. Meya ni mwakilishi rasmi wa City. Yeye au yeye anatawala Halmashauri ya Jiji mikutano lakini hana kura isipokuwa katika kesi ya tie. Meya wanaweza Veto uamuzi wowote, lakini theluthi mbili ya kura za baraza wanaweza override kura ya turufu.

Halmashauri ya Jiji, Eugene ya chombo cha kutunga sheria, ina wanachama nane. Meya ni ofisa-msimamizi. Madiwani wanachaguliwa katika uchaguzi nonpartisan kwa vipindi vya miaka minne. Moja mwanachama wa baraza huchaguliwa kutoka kila moja ya wodi nane. Nusu ya Baraza huchaguliwa kila baada ya miaka miwili. Kama Meya, City Madiwani wanalipwa kiasi kidogo cha fedha kila mwezi na ni fidia kwa ajili ya gharama.

Lakini kwa kuwa mimi nina flunky kuajiriwa na kampuni flunky na kwa mere online Associates shahada kutoka Chuo Kikuu Capella, mimi itakuwa pia huzuni baada kukubali kura yangu mediocre katika maisha ya kufurahia shughuli zote Eugene ina kutoa:

* Browse fundi na masoko ya wakulima.
    * Kunywa hila bia au kikombe cha kahawa hai katika artsy Whiteaker kitongoji.
    * Cheer juu ya Chuo Kikuu cha Oregon bata kwa mpira wa miguu, mpira wa kikapu au kufuatilia.
    * Ride baiskeli popote - kina njia ya baiskeli crisscross mji.
    * Kuongezeka Spencer Butte kwa maoni stunning.
    * Walk kirafiki Communities Badge
    * Kuhudhuria hotuba, darasa au tukio juu UO chuo.
    * Delve katika nguvu sanaa eneo la tukio, iwe Bach au filamu.
    * Onjeni vin kikanda katika miji mvinyo bar.
    * Kupata nyoka katika majani na kukatwa vichwa vyao
    * Kiungo up na jamii tech mwanzoni-up hutegemea nje.
    * Kushiriki katika jangwa na Hifadhi ya mradi huo.
    * Dine shamba-to-meza katika migahawa mbalimbali.
    * Kupanda basalt nguzo katika Skinner Butte Park.
    * Bang uoduckgirl.
    * Angalia katika starehe hoteli karibu wilaya kubwa ya ununuzi.
    * Kitabu kitanda cozy na kifungua kinywa katika Wilaya University au jiji.
    * Bunk up katika hosteli za mitaa au lami hema katika riverfront campground.

Ni huzuni kweli. Mimi nilikuwa kuangalia mbele yake.

kutomba mbali
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732

Work is sending me down to Eugene for a couple of days next month. I've never been so I was wondering if anyone had any travel tips or advice...

...beside the obvious of avoiding parking lots.

I need some pics of her backside
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732

My work sent me there a few years ago for a conference. Here's what you need to know.

1) Ninkasi Brewery is pretty cool. I hung out there the entire time.

2) There are homeless youth everywhere there. One of the nights I was there, some co-workers and I went to the hotel hot tub. While we were in there, a junkie homeless couple snuck in through the garage and got in the hot tub with us. I'm pretty sure it was their version of bathing. The guy sat in there haucking loogies onto the side of the hot tub while we were in it. We quickly left.

Never been to Eugene but I was shocked at the amount of young homeless people there were in portland. Just hanging out on the street drinking beer. Never saw a cop the entire time I was there either. Odd culture
    phineas said:

My work sent me there a few years ago for a conference. Here's what you need to know.

1) Ninkasi Brewery is pretty cool. I hung out there the entire time.

2) There are homeless youth everywhere there. One of the nights I was there, some co-workers and I went to the hotel hot tub. While we were in there, a junkie homeless couple snuck in through the garage and got in the hot tub with us. I'm pretty sure it was their version of bathing. The guy sat in there haucking loogies onto the side of the hot tub while we were in it. We quickly left.

Never been to Eugene but I was shocked at the amount of young homeless people there were in portland. Just hanging out on the street drinking beer. Never saw a cop the entire time I was there either. RAPE culture