Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ross runs 4.22 40yd Dash

MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,522 Swaye's Wigwam
We really need to thank Sark, like the rest of the Seattle media, for battling his demons and recruiting this superstar to UW. Thanks Sark, we owe all our current success to you.

Comments

• priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,037
    Reminds me of a Ja'Warren Hooker.

Hooker has the Washington State Record for the 100 meters set at 10.27 s. But he was only a +1 type player.
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255

The question I want to know the answer to is WHO is going to replace John Ross? @Dennis_DeYoung ? @Dennis_DeYoung2017 ? Help?

Chico McClatcher is very, very fast. He may not run a 4.2, but he looked almost as fast as Ross in pads last year, to my eyes. I would bet that McClatcher moves outside and takes over Ross' portion of the route tree and becomes the deep threat, and Ahmed takes over the Chico role, as he said he would. Then in 2 years, when Mr. Laser-Timed 4.32 as a high school senior runs a 4.15 as a college junior, he will take over for McClatcher. Then Tre'Shaun Harrison will take the Chico role. Then, a couple years later, when Ahmed graduates, Mr. Hand-Timed 4.35 as a high school junior who now runs a 4.15 will take over. The cycle will continue forever.

That is who will replace John Ross.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    He fast. Next year...
    Possession receiver: PETTIS, Fuller
    Slot receiver: McCLATCHER, McGrew
    Big receiver: LENIUS, Jones
    Tight end: HUNTER, Neal
    White end: SAMPLE, Dissly
    We fine.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,924 Founders Club
    Was he dribbling a soccer ball?
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

The question I want to know the answer to is WHO is going to replace John Ross? @Dennis_DeYoung ? @Dennis_DeYoung2017 ? Help?

Chico McClatcher is very, very fast. He may not run a 4.2, but he looked almost as fast as Ross in pads last year, to my eyes. I would bet that McClatcher moves outside and takes over Ross' portion of the route tree and becomes the deep threat, and Ahmed takes over the Chico role, as he said he would. Then in 2 years, when Mr. Laser-Timed 4.32 as a high school senior runs a 4.15 as a college junior, he will take over for McClatcher. Then Tre'Shaun Harrison will take the Chico role. Then, a couple years later, when Ahmed graduates, Mr. Hand-Timed 4.35 as a high school junior who now runs a 4.15 will take over. The cycle will continue forever.

Bruh. Chico is slow and nothing like John Ross. HTH.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,522 Swaye's Wigwam

Bruh. Chico is slow and nothing like John Ross. HTH.
    He's not slow at all, but he is no John Ross.
    More of a gadget play receiver, good for trick plays that demonstrate misdirection and advanced play calling techniques. This guy would benefit from one of the best play callers in America and he could have been a Husky legend if Sark had stuck around. Can't blame Sark for taking his dream job though, we're all rooting for him
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,522 Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Was he dribbling a soccer ball?

I know you're being sarcastic, but only real athletes dribble soccer balls.
    Chico isn't SLOW compared to me, but he's probably a guy who would run b/w 4.50 and 4.55.

Slow for the position.

People are like "he's got so much speed!"

No he doesn't. He has average speed. Nowhere near JRIII.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited March 2017

Chico isn't SLOW compared to me, but he's probably a guy who would run b/w 4.50 and 4.55.

Slow for the position.

I bet he can run sub 4.5.

Probably a solid 4.4 guy.

He's no John Ross, but he's fast.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    dnc said:

Slow for the position.

He'll run sub 4.5 guaranteed.

He ran 4.6+ at the combine last year. Will be excited to see what he runs this year.

dnc said:

Slow for the position.

He ran 4.6+ at the combine last year. Will be excited to see what he runs this year.
    Yeah I just went back and saw that. I still think he's faster than that, but clearly nothing close to Ross. More importantly, he's not a natural pass catcher like Ross either.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Slow for the position.

Yeah I just went back and saw that. I still think he's faster than that, but clearly nothing close to Ross. More importantly, he's not a natural pass catcher like Ross either.
    You think he can run faster than that? WHY? Have you ever seen him play?

dnc said:

dnc said:

Slow for the position.

You think he can run faster than that? WHY? Have you ever seen him play?
    Nope, never.
  • CougzzCougzz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 289 Swaye's Wigwam