Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ben Hines, 2018 LB, Everett (Archbishop Murphy), WA

ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
I really like this kid. A good comparison for him is BBK... they both played at smaller high schools and both played linebacker and running back. I think BBK is probably a better overall athlete than Ben Hines but Hines' small space quickness is amazing. Maybe Hines makes a leap between his Junior and Senior year and he is a guy that is worth offering come next fall. Comes downhill fast and is fucking violent at the point of contact.

Ben Hines junior year: http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4146967/58363daec124d701a4297440

BBK senior year: http://www.hudl.com/video/3/762806/5721c017dfe23b2d68a14861

Comments

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    At this point UW shouldn't be getting BBKs at Linebacker.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2017

At this point UW shouldn't be getting BBCs at Linebacker.

Fixed
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    Standard Supporter
    Uh, pass. Trust me.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I hate that you posted this because I can't not watch hudl shit. Hard pass.
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited March 2017
    I agree, I don't think this kid is offerable at this point. I think he has way above average instincts for a HS kid and hits like a motherfucker but probably lacks the overall athleticism needed to be a great player at the Pac 12 level. BBK's college ceiling is a solid linebacker who gets snaps in a rotation of other LBs. This kid is probably the same. I would be 100% fine if we picked up this guy as a walk on but a scholarship, at this point, isn't warranted.

I'm also not as worried about his size as it seems some people are. This kid will most likely play his senior season of HS football at 6 foot, 230 which isn't small but I get it, you want the biggest guys you can find who are still athletic and that's where this kid misses for me, on the athleticism.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I agree, I don't think this kid is offerable at this point. I think he has way above average instincts for a HS kid and hits like a motherfucker but probably lacks the overall athleticism needed to be a great player at the Pac 12 level. BBK's college ceiling is a solid linebacker who gets snaps in a rotation of other LBs. This kid is probably the same. I would be 100% fine if we picked up this guy as a walk on but a scholarship, at this point, isn't warranted.

I'm also not as worried about his size as it seems some people are. This kid will most likely play his senior season of HS football at 6 foot, 230 which isn't small but I get it, you want the biggest guys you can find who are still athletic and that's where this kid misses for me, on the athleticism.

We just offered Jack Lamb. Have a look at the difference. This kid is stiff and small with short arms. You think he's going to strike fear in the heart of Stephen Carr or Najee Harris? No.

Also, we don't need his hudl because I found this YouTube video on him:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHzTnTvGmuY
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    Standard Supporter

We just offered Jack Lamb. Have a look at the difference. This kid is stiff and small with short arms. You think he's going to strike fear in the heart of Stephen Carr or Najee Harris? No.

Also, we don't need his hudl because I found this YouTube video on him:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHzTnTvGmuY
    You would like Ram Man.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Sounds like a recruit Todd Turner would endorse ... that's a deal breaker for me
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

Take this shit to the @ApostleofGrief bored where it belongs

He needs to change his name to Fala Walafallawlla and dye his skin dark to play in the PAC-12, or head to Central.