Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW Fluff Piece from ESPN

Source

Here are the good parts :
At Sunday’s Under Armour Camp series stop in Southern California, the Huskies were one of the topics of conversation among many of the state of California’s top prospects, as expected after their meteoric rise.

“You don’t want to go to a school that is not winning,” said Long Beach Poly junior tight end/receiver Camren McDonald. “… the way Coach Chris Petersen is changing the program around is kind of hard to wrap your mind around. They really were the fourth best team in the nation, so that plays a big part in all the recruits' decision because you want to go to college and play for a winning program. The fact that they are a winning program, and their players do well in the NFL is why they are at the top of my list right now.”

ESPN Junior 300 cornerback Isaac Taylor-Stuart, a San Diego product, has Washington among his top-10 schools.

“… [Washington’s season] definitely caught my eyes and has my attention,” Taylor-Stuart said. “It definitely makes me want to take a visit there, and learn more about Washington.”

Offensive guard Steven Jones has been a priority for the Huskies for over a year, and has watched Petersen’s vision for the program unfold.

“When they first offered me I was watching them the previous season [2015] and saw that they were pretty good. Watching them this season, you could tell they are building a great program.”

“A lot of recruits say they are seriously considering Washington now,” said McDonald, No. 131 in the ESPN Jr. 300.

Another Washington target, ESPN Jr. 300 No. 89 Chase Williams, is hearing similar chatter among talented Southern California prospects.

“I feel like they are on the radar more,” Williams said. “More people talk about Washington, what they did and who they are. I have seen a lot more recruits show an interest in Washington now.”

According to Williams, who has Washington in his lead group along with USC, Georgia, Arizon and UCLA, how quickly Petersen has been able to flip the program sticks out to prospects.

“I think a lot of kids are going to be interested more because of how quick Coach Petersen got Washington to jump up, and how he changed the team around.”

When the class of 2018 and 2019 were between the ages of 8-12, it was USC and Oregon that ruled the day in the Pac-12, and were the “cool” schools that kids gravitated towards. According to McDonald, that has changed in just a few months.

“It’s SC and Washington basically. Colorado made it to the Pac-12 championship, but it's SC and Washington right now.”

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,435
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

TLDR version: "Washington is a great school but I'm going to USC"

Beat me to it
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Beat me to it
    sure.gif

But Pete can winanattyandpopoff by being USC's western recruiting bridesmaid. The Trojans only have 85 scholarships, some of which get wasted back east. And because Helton.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TTJ said:

Beat me to it
    sure.gif

But Pete can winanattyandpopoff by being USC's western recruiting bridesmaid. The Trojans only have 85 scholarships, some of which get wasted back east. And because Helton.
    Right. If we are #2 in recruiting we can damn sure be #1 in the conference.

The key is we have to be #2, or at worst even with UCLA.
  • Options
    Fecal_MatterFecal_Matter Member Posts: 330
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm still waiting for Petersen to prove he can recruit at the PAC-12 level.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If we can get past UCLA for 2nd in SoCal that would be huge
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,961
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Yeah, like being in the CFP every 2 to 3 years if we could pull that off. Classes of 18- 20 kids and 14- 15 of them are 4 star or better.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Yeah, like being in the CFP every 2 to 3 years if we could pull that off. Classes of 18- 20 kids and 14- 15 of them are 4 star or better.
    I think that this will be the telling thing out of 2017 for me leading into 2018 Signing Day ...

We should have decent momentum coming off of a CFP season and Top 4 finish ...

We will have strong momentum going into the year as a Top 10 team, decided North favorite, and probably co-favorites with USC to win the title (SC will be the pick of those that are going to look at the star power of Darnold ... UW will be the pick of those that look at the balance/depth of the roster).

UCLA was a disaster in 2016 and we'll see what 2017 has in store for them ... looking at their schedule and anything better than 6-6 I would say would be a positive for them. They start with TAMU at home (they don't fall apart until mid-October). Back to back early road games at Memphis and Stanford will be challenging and that's followed up with a home game against Colorado. From mid-October on their schedule becomes hell starting with Oregon at home, at Washington, at Utah (short week - Friday game), Arizona State at home, and then USC.

If they go 6-6 or worse again, how dead does UCLA recruiting get? And since I don't think UCLA is in a position to fire Mora, you literally could be looking at a sinking ship down there that takes years to completely sink.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I think that this will be the telling thing out of 2017 for me leading into 2018 Signing Day ...

We should have decent momentum coming off of a CFP season and Top 4 finish ...

We will have strong momentum going into the year as a Top 10 team, decided North favorite, and probably co-favorites with USC to win the title (SC will be the pick of those that are going to look at the star power of Darnold ... UW will be the pick of those that look at the balance/depth of the roster).

UCLA was a disaster in 2016 and we'll see what 2017 has in store for them ... looking at their schedule and anything better than 6-6 I would say would be a positive for them. They start with TAMU at home (they don't fall apart until mid-October). Back to back early road games at Memphis and Stanford will be challenging and that's followed up with a home game against Colorado. From mid-October on their schedule becomes hell starting with Oregon at home, at Washington, at Utah (short week - Friday game), Arizona State at home, and then USC.

If they go 6-6 or worse again, how dead does UCLA recruiting get? And since I don't think UCLA is in a position to fire Mora, you literally could be looking at a sinking ship down there that takes years to completely sink.
    I heard mora is floating his name for NFL jobs.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    According to Williams, who has Washington in his lead group along with USC, Georgia, Arizona and UCLA, how quickly Petersen has been able to flip the program sticks out to prospects.

WTF?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TommySQC said:

According to Williams, who has Washington in his lead group along with USC, Georgia, Arizona and UCLA, how quickly Petersen has been able to flip the program sticks out to prospects.

WTF?

You know what? No one wants Chase Williams any fucking way.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Literally looking at a sinking ship.