Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New WR Coach Matt Lubick

Last week was shitty. After fending off awkward Wilcox and Cal for Jimmy I thought the stress of losing another coach would take a well deserved breather until next year. I was wrong and we not only lost our most talented offensive recruiter but most importantly an ascending talent in the coaching ranks as was evidenced by the improvements on the field by our wide receiving core. Home run year recruiting for Hamdan as well.

When the news broke on twitter I was in hell. It stung. I didn't expect him to leave, especially after Aussie just committed but it happened and life goes on. Still don't understand why he would want to go coach with Sark but I'm happy for him career wise. He wants to be an NFL guy.

Bush left some pretty big shoes to fill but I think Petersen knocked it out of the park with the Lubick hire. He added a lot of value and experience to the offensive coaching staff. Love that he's co-OC as well. He was coaching Ocho cinco and Houzmanzada when Smith was a walk on QB. If he stays put here for a while w/ Petersen I fully expect him to take control of the offensive coordinator position.

My question is what do people know about his recruiting prowess? He is supposedly pretty good. The hope is he takes right over from where Bush left off with Spiker.

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Fuck man...,Pete was 92-12 before he got here. He knows his coaches, I'm sure you will forget all about Bush this time next year.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Fuck man...,Pete was 92-12 before he got here. He knows his coaches, I'm sure you will forget all about Bush this time next year.

Yeah grrat point CP has never made a poor coaching hire. Robert Prince, Brett Pease, and Jonathon Smith all wotked out well.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941

I'm aware that Pete's record at Boise was 92-12 and was confident in his ability to find an adequate replacement. But he's not immune to an underwhelming hire. Do you remember our receiving core when Petersen first came to Washington? Our X receiver was 5'9 170 Marvin Hall. Bush not only elevated the talent that we currently had on the roster but also reeled in arguably the best receiver class we've ever seen at UW. He will be missed.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    dnc said:

I think bush may have gone to Atlanta because of Quinn rather than Sark, they coached together at Florida.

Anyway there's plenty out there on him as a recruiter, he's considered a very good recruiter and seems to slide in as #2 on the staff and #1 on the offensive side. Probavly not quite Bush but close.

Much better hire than I expected.

That's right. I forgot Quinn and Bush coached together in Gainesville. Bush will be coaching on the same side as the ball as Sark so i'm sure there will be some collaboration. That offense doesn't need much help. Regardless, it's clear he has NFL aspirations and working with Matt Ryan and the Falcons is a big move for his career.

I'm with you on the hire exceeding my expectations. I know Cutcliffe said he was the best recruiter he's ever been around. Considering I only expect us to take one more receiver this class (Spiker), curious to see if he can boost some other areas on offense for which we have been lacking. He's definitely entering a great situation in terms of talent at the position after the class that Bush brought in. Arrow pointing up..
  • Options
    You guys need to stop acting like little bitches, seriously. Pete it on the up swing. He's not replacing Bush with some shit show. He has the upper campus behind him and the funds to hire a decent staff
  • Options
    edited February 2017

You guys need to stop acting like little bitches, seriously. Pete it on the up swing. He's not replacing Bush with some shit show. He has the upper campus behind him and the funds to hire a decent staff

If you want a community that accepts authority blindly without any critical thought then let me suggest a special place just for you called dawgman.com

The best part is that this censorship only costs you $10.95 a month!
  • Options

If you want a community that accepts authority blindly without any critical thought then let me suggest special place just for you called dawgman.com

There's a difference in being critical blindly or being a straight up bitch. Many in here are getting closer to the later
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If you want a community that accepts authority blindly without any critical thought then let me suggest special place just for you called dawgman.com

There's a difference in being critical blindly or being a straight up bitch. Many in here are getting closer to the later
    What's it called when you are rambling, condescending and unfunny?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752

What's it called when you are rambling, condescending and unfunny?
    Amy Schumer? George Lopez?
  • Options

I think Drama Queens is what you're looking for. There's lots of that in the gender-fluid faction of HH.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    dnc said:

I think bush may have gone to Atlanta because of Quinn rather than Sark, they coached together at Florida.

Anyway there's plenty out there on him as a recruiter, he's considered a very good recruiter and seems to slide in as #2 on the staff and #1 on the offensive side. Probavly not quite Bush but close.

Damn @DNC! That's what I was predicting & hoping for a week ago when I said LIPO. Much closer to Hamdan than Pease, and definitely not right in the middle between the two, as feared. This means Pete is getting it, is moving up the learning curve and trending positive as I'd hoped.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Damn @DNC! That's what I was predicting & hoping for a week ago when I said LIPO. Much closer to Hamdan than Pease, and definitely not right in the middle between the two, as feared. This means Pete is getting it, is moving up the learning curve and trending positive as I'd hoped.
    Hopefully. It could mean that, or it could mean we were fortunate that Lubick wanted to come back west. Will be interesting to see how the Strausser replacement goes. If it's another A- or better hire, that would speak pretty strongly.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Hopefully. It could mean that, or it could mean we were fortunate that Lubick wanted to come back west. Will be interesting to see how the Strausser replacement goes. If it's another A- or better hire, that would speak pretty strongly.
    I'm taking it as Peterson at least knowing what he wants on staff to compete for a NC. Question is whether he can get the guys he wants, or has to settle for less or an up & comer without much on the resume. Hopefully it's the former, not the latter.
  • Options

dnc said:

Nobody predicted right in the middle. I pointed out there was a range of outcomes meaning a possibility of a bad hire.

Obviously if we knew we were going to throw a lot of $$$ and the co-OC tag at the new hire then our expectations should have increased.