Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lubick news already official

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
After the Lake and Hamdan situations hung for seemingly forever, interesting that this one went super quick.

Jude link
“I am excited to add Matt to our coaching staff,” Petersen said in a statement. “He has earned a national reputation as an innovative coaching mind and a successful recruiter. Equally as important, we believe he will be a terrific fit with our staff, players and the University of Washington.”

As co-offensive coordinator, Lubick reunites with UW offensive coordinator Jonathan Smith. Lubick was an assistant coach at Oregon State in 1999-2000 when Smith was the Beavers’ starting quarterback.
I like it.

Comments

• UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    Sounds like he is a national recruiter (or he was at Oregon anyway), and a great WR coach. Any Ducks want to chime in on how he was as an OC? Anyone to help prevent Smith from being retarded is a plus in my book.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited February 2017

Sounds like he is a national recruiter (or he was at Oregon anyway), and a great WR coach. Any Ducks want to chime in on how he was as an OC? Anyone to help prevent Smith from being retarded is a plus in my book.

He was only OC coach one year and it's the one year Oregon was a dumpster fire, so a) I doubt the resident Quooks will have much good to say about him as OC b) I'm sure Helfrich was really the OC anyway c) I'm sure it will be much like Lake as co-DC, wink wink. Pretty sure it's still @Babushka's offense.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    dnc said:

After the Lake and Hamdan situations hung for seemingly forever, interesting that this one went super quick.

Jude link

“I am excited to add Matt to our coaching staff,” Petersen said in a statement. “He has earned a national reputation as an innovative coaching mind and a successful recruiter. Equally as important, we believe he will be a terrific fit with our staff, players and the University of Washington.”

As co-offensive coordinator, Lubick reunites with UW offensive coordinator Jonathan Smith. Lubick was an assistant coach at Oregon State in 1999-2000 when Smith was the Beavers’ starting quarterback.
    I like it.

insert erection.gif
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    I got a feeling that it will be another pass happy POS
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

As I remember, Lubick was the one guy Quooks generally wanted Taggart to hold on to (as WR coach).

Where do I get my "I Lube-it for Lubick" shirt?

Do we have any shot with this guy?

CGTP?? DDY???? Staff?????
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Lubick killed it at Duke of all places. Also followed Dennis Erickson a few times including with OSU for the Housh/Ochocinco year. I didn't follow TBS back then but would be curious to know if he was instrumental in recruiting them and getting them into school.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    Does the WR coach at Oregon just run downfield blocking drills all practice?
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Also Lubick is a riser. Has taken a new job every few years since the mid-90s. Probably wants to be the head man like his dad.

Was in a pretty good position as OC for the Ducks at just 44 years old until the epic Helfrich meltdown last year.

With three new jobs in one offseason he must be desperate to find the right landing spot to get back on track.

All that being said I expect this to be a one year situation with either Smith or Lubick moving on next January.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Also Lubick is a riser. Has taken a new job every few years since the mid-90s. Probably wants to be the head man like his dad.

Was in a pretty good position as OC for the Ducks at just 44 years old until the epic Helfrich meltdown last year.

With three new jobs in one offseason he must be desperate to find the right landing spot to get back on track.

All that being said I expect this to be a one year situation with either Smith or Lubick moving on next January.

prayingdog.jpg
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    I wouldn't have complained if they brought back any of the offensive coaches. Albeit, I don't think Lubick had the it factor that Frost did in terms of coaching or recruiting.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club
    I'm happy but rather than hiring another baby sitter for Smith WHY THE FUCK HASN'T HE BEEN FIRED.

Thanks
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,282 Founders Club

I'm happy but rather than hiring another baby sitter for Smith WHY THE FUCK HASN'T HE BEEN FIRED.

Thanks

• TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 467
    Duke coach David Cutcliffe called Lubick “simply the best recruiter that I’ve ever worked with.”

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,856
    Lubicks a good recruiter. He's well liked by the ASU folk.